Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis. Read before you flame.

redskins0756

So who should carry the ball or us? Ladell Betts, and his 2.2 yards per carry this season? And oh yeah, I forgot, he's also "lost" us some games before with his fumbling. So I guess he's out.

Mike "highlight reel" Sellers? Or have you forgot about all of his dropped passes? He's a good change of pace, short-yardage back but nothing more. And he's most certainly a long-term solution to our rb situation. Rock Cartwright? Don't think so.

Or maybe we should just trade for Adrien Peterson while we're at it.

I value your opinion, although it is crazy, you are entitled to it. You would be satisfied with Betts as our RB? Hell no. If you watch the game, you will see how many blocks portis made for campbell, if it was betts in there we would have given up a lot more sacks. I still have faith in portis.

I like portis.. he is a good back.. but you don't play and try to be the unsung hero when you are hurting.. If you feel that you would be a disruption to your team, instead of a help.. DONT PLAY. same with moss.. we need to sit him down so he can watch the Little Giants movie..damn

On the positive note.. good job defense

trade him for what ? .. Betts isn't putting up numbers either , Portis looks hurt and I don't know if he will ever be healthy , Moss suddenly can't catch or hold on to the ball , our o-line is dinged all to hell , its just a rough year on offense and if it doesn't get better , we are looking at abother .500 or less season , thats just it

It was a bad running play. It was pitched to the left, when everyone blocked right. It was supposed to try and trick the defense but it didnt work.

Portis was left with no blockers in front of him and about 4 Packers. You cannot blame him for that.

Besides, his fumble led to no points for Green Bay. If we wouldn't have tried an end-around while we had the 14-10 lead, we may have won this game.

Portis has no trade value because of his injury concerns, salary, and wear.

As for the discussion after the fumble, the question was weather or not to review the play, and Williams had someone in the booth tell him that they should not review the play, which is why you saw Williams, Gibbs and Portis all together and Williams shaking his head.

Lets see. If Portis is hurt and not playing everyone bashes him. If he goes out there and toughs it out, everyone still bashes him. CP is right. He gets no love no matter what transpires.

thats because he fumbled.. stop trying to defend him. .. he helped cost us the game and even portis knows that ..the end

You know what at least we have hope for the future. WHen asked whether he gets frustrated at Drops, he says he doesn't think about that but faults himself for bad throws. Man what a great character guy we got there.

Vinny you got to get this guy a REAL thread at WR. We can't rely on ARE and Cooley anymore.

I'd trade CP because it's clear he's physically declining. He's a little guy who plays exceptionally hard. Aikman pointed out the same thing in the broadcast. His body won't last.

Anyone who saw him play in Denver(and his first couple of years here) and is watching him play now will see a clear difference. That CP was a flat out gamebreaker. Not so much now.

Archived