Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis. Read before you flame.

redskins0756

I said read before flaming and a lot of you didn't do that, I however do applaud those who did.

Honestly Portis is not a number 1 back in my opinion. In the NFL you have to be physical, but you have to also be smart. Portis is too physical for his frame and it has taken a toll on his body. In 2005 he was one of the best backs in the league, but the beating he took last year and the huge amount of carries have deteriorated him so much that I don't think he'll ever be the same back again.

The "trade" aspect was not meant to be right this second because I do think he is our best back on our team, but that's not saying much considering we have Ladell "fumble" Betts back there. Sellers isn't in shape to carry the load 30 times a game, block, catch, and cover kicks. Cartwright isn't durable enough to carry the load either.

I think in the off-season we look to get a RB in the draft or FA. Mike Hart would be such a good fit in this offense or McFadden (although he would be taken much higher).

He was injured I know. He was playing with backup O lineman I know.

But when the game is on the line you don't fumble. You just DONT. You also don't act the way he did. Sitting by himself on the bench acting as if it's him VS everyone.

Hate to break it to you Clinton but it aint that way. You are a star on this team YOU need to carry us. It's inexcusable the way his play was this game and it has been sub mediocre for the entire season.

There's a lot of "polly-anna's" on the board that will jump on you for that, but I totally agree. I love the Skins and will always root for them, but as fans it's our job to not only root for them, but to express ourselves when we see mediocrity. And that's what we've had for the past God knows how many years.

Portis is overpaid. He had an OK game, but he takes himself out when he should be getting into gear and makes terrible mistakes. Gibbs - god bless him - had seemingly forgot how to win a game... that call on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter was laughable. Dropped balls and missed interceptions killed this team today. And not to mention, our OL had to put a DL out there to cover all the injuries.

You can make excuses for these mistakes on a week-to-week basis. But you can't make excuses over a 10 year period. Our franchise is indeed a laughing stock... I'm not sure who to blame, but I do know that it needs to change.

And yes, I know that generally speaking I don't know anywhere near as much about football as Gibbs does. But for 30 seconds in the 4th quarter when it was 4th and 2, I would've rather had me or my friends in there making decisions than Gibbs. He failed his team. Again. You OK with that as a fan?

You fickle fans make me sick.

May the fleas of 1000 camels decend upon your anus's.

Get real people, it was a tough game on the road, against a good defense.

With out the fumbles, we win this game.

BTW. Why did we not chanllenge that Portis fumble. It looked to me like his knee was down. Anyone?

Portis is hurt. It's quite obvious and yet the coaches kept handing him the ball. The fumbles by Portis and Moss are just as much the coaches fault as the players. The reverse to Moss was a stupid play call. And the handoff to Portis should have been a pass. They were down 17-14 with about 6:30 left whn Portis fumbled. I don't think the coaches have a grasp of who the hot players are in the game.

The offense does need reschuffling. Start Betts since he is healthy and Portis isn't. Play McCardell and Lloyd more, especially on passing downs. And do more 3 receiver sets.

You OK with that as a fan?

Yes I am.

You are a fair weather fan. Your post history shows as much. Why dont you just move along?

Amature.

Wait until next year to post again.

I would love to rip into people like you... but board etiquette does not allow that.

Please go away.

This is a dumb Thread Some of you are acting like Portis cost us the game

if you don't remember the game that well let me tell you they didn't score

the real person who lost the game was Santana. Santana dropped a pass that got intercepted. Dropped a pass that was wide open on the sideline and also fumbled the ball which ended up as the game winning touchdown. Just because Portis was sitting by himself doesn't mean anything. Marvin Harrison sits by himself even after he scores a touchdown. So don't start this talk about trading Portis because if you did Betts has been very productive either averaging under 3 yards per carry.

like...calvin johnson?!?! lol siiike im glad we drafted landry

i think everybody needs to relax..last week our receivers were gods gift to man this week they had a bad week i dont think this is going to be a regular outing by our receivers

CJ wasn't available when we picked, and trading up would have cost half of this year's draft.

A ridiculous comparison.

But when the game is on the line you don't fumble. You just DONT. You also don't act the way he did. Sitting by himself on the bench acting as if it's him VS everyone.

Hate to break it to you Clinton but it aint that way. You are a star on this team YOU need to carry us. It's inexcusable the way his play was this game and it has been sub mediocre for the entire season.

:doh: Please do everyone a favor and :stfu: The 7 or so dropped passes lost us the game, not this.

Come over my house. Ill get four, 6 foot 3 inch 230 pound linebackers who run 4.5's and have played football for over 15 years(pop warner, high school,college,pros) then toss you the ball and tell you to lower your shoulder and run into them and not fumble.

After you do that, THEN you can criticize clinton for fumbling.

Listan everybody, the two plays that lost us the game were

trick plays called by Saunders, the fullback fake(when we

hadn't handed the ball of to sellers all game except once

Right on point. :applause: There were some very questionable calls on offense.

What in the world do you think that we are going to get for Portis? By the way he was blocking better than some of the offensive linemen today. He is a good player and unless there is something that another team is offering that would be worth it, then we should consider it, but unless that happens Portis should stay right where he is.

What running back in the NFL doesn't fumble? All the great ones fumble the football. Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, John Riggins, O.J. Simpson, Emmitt Smith, Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen all fumbled.

Fumbles are apart of the game of football, and they happen to the best of them!

It's simple. Trade him to the Dolphins where he can be in his old college stomping grounds of Miami and we'll take Ronnie Brown instead. Brown is a better Gibbs prototype RB anyway and can catch, run up the gut, hit the flats, etc. Then we can trade Betts for a tall position receiver and use Sellers and Rock as backups.

Brown won't covet all the media attention and dress up repeatedly like a woman ala Michael Caine in "Dressed to Kill" either. Portis hands are slippery from wearing all that makeup and glitter all the time, and he holds the ball in front of him when he runs like he's holding a purse. WTF? :doh: :puke:

Just kidding. Hopefully they'll clear these things up!

:rolleyes:

I see all the whiners that have been absent since the Giants loss are now going to crawl out from under their rocks and start their Fire Gibbs! Trade Portis! Bench insert-name-here crapola again. :rolleyes:

:applause:

Best post in this worthless thread.

So he isnt allowed to be upset with himself and sit on the bench? Maybe no one sat next to him. I hate all this trade Portis garbage. Ok, lets trade one of our best players on offense. That makes a ton of sense. The man is all heart, which is hard to find in this day in age where most players are just happy to be collecting a paycheck. He is probably the best blocking back in the league. Yeah, lets trade him :rolleyes:

Edit: Plus half of his runs he gets met in the freaking backfield. Also, its hard to get going when you cant get in a rhythm because we have "interchangeable" RBs which is just a load of crap. Until he gets 20-25 carries, he cant be judged on having "mediocre" games.

Archived