Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis. Read before you flame.

redskins0756

Moss is the most so overrated. He had one good year and we all fell in love with him.

In reality, he has bad hands and he's injured a lot.

Yes, he caught the 2 passes to beat Dallas 2 years ago, hasn't done much since then.

His fumble, his tip on a ball he should have caught that turned into an interception, and numerous other drops lost the game.

Dcoles I wonder if this person is related to L Coles of the Jets?

When logic, restraint, and a good rebuttal are nowhere to be found just reply with cuss words and insults. well done.

Some would say the idea of trading CP, mid-season, with all the salary cap implications, and lack of even half a replacement, defies all logic :)

I'm sick of these Trade[insert Player Here], or Fire[insert coach here]. Why must these threads carry on? We are all happy when the Skins win, but ready to throw the whole team under the bus. I'm wondering, have some of these posters played any organized sports? PEOPLE THIS IS NOT MADDEN.

I'm sick of these Trade[insert Player Here], or Fire[insert coach here]. Why must these threads carry on? We are all happy when the Skins win, but ready to throw the whole team under the bus. I'm wondering, have some of these posters played any organized sports? PEOPLE THIS IS NOT MADDEN.

Prediction: You will be sick till the end of time, b/c these "Trade, Fire" Threads will never cease.

Better to just accept them and state your case, or ignore them and move on to another thread.

If there is one thing that Portis has always done well throughout his whole NFL carreer, it is fumbling in critical times of the game. My brother (broncos fan) used to complain about it when CP was a bronco, and when he came here, I noticed how he tends to fumble a lot in clutch situations. It's actually getting to the point where i get nervous whenever he has the ball with a lead of less then 14

its called a slump, the entire offense (except campbell and cooley) are going thru one

O line? shot to pieces

Receiving core? injured and not playing great (consitently, obviously ARE has been outstanding thus far overall)

Coaching? not getting the job done

so lets knee jerk reaction say hes lost it and trade him away for pennies. It will be really great when he regains his pro bowl form and the 4th round draft pick we get for him doesnt even make the squad...

there are 11 games left, support your team and believe they will hit a hot steak

remember 2005? 5 games in we were 3-2 with a defense that was stopping people and an offense that couldnt take advantage of it. We were at a crossroads and what happened?

the team gelled up and decided to play redskins football and (despite having Marky Mark Brunell as a STARTER) finished 10-6 and got in the playoffs and beat TB in TB.

Oh and by the way, CP only had 3 100 yard rushing games 5 games into 2005 with ZERO TDs and people were saying he lost it, he didnt fit, trade him

- by the end of that season he had 1500+ yards and 11 TDS

In the Words of the great Mike Gundy "Get your facts straight"

YES Theres alot this team has to do and I believe WILL do.

YES CP hasnt been stellar, but lets not throw him to the wolves just yet. Its a long season and there is alot that can happen in one season

But theres a time and a place for sniping, and its isnt now.

Let remind you some of the high points of CP's 07 career - just shy of 100 in the MIA game and threw a sick block to protect his QB (do i need to post that?). Thats called Heart

In PHI - efficient running - and when JC threw his INT he laid out that DB. Thats called Heart

Giants Game - CP sucked in the 2nd half, guess what, so did everyone else on the offense (with minor exceptions)

Det - again ran an efficient 4 ypc while he and betts made them respect the ground game so JC and the air attack went for 250+

GB game - CP didnt play well, but guess what, so did everyone else again with exceptions for JC and Killer Cooley

Im new to these boards and I realize that this is America and anyone can speak their mind. I hope Im not stepping on toes, but Im tired of talk like this. Stick by your team, talk of making moves is for the offseason

:applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Prediction: You will be sick till the end of time, b/c these "Trade, Fire" Threads will never cease.

Better to just accept them and state your case, or ignore them and move on to another thread.

I have. The only player I would really talk about is Lloyd. After that Miami game, I wanted him gone, because it seemed like his attitude was stink. But in the day and age of the "salary cap", we can't just cut mulit-million dollar players and hope we can sign someone else the next day. What I'm stating is that some posters need to look at facts(including me) and face them, we can't just up and trade someone who is really untradeable. :2cents:

I have. The only player I would really talk about is Lloyd. After that Miami game, I wanted him gone, because it seemed like his attitude was stink. But in the day and age of the "salary cap", we can't just cut mulit-million dollar players and hope we can sign someone else the next day. What I'm stating is that some posters need to look at facts(including me) and face them, we can't just up and trade someone who is really untradeable. :2cents:

Adam Archuletta is a perfect example of what you state above. Even though they probably wanted to release him after week 3 last year, they rode it out and did the only thing they could do.

Adam Archuletta is a perfect example of what you state above. Even though they probably wanted to release him after week 3 last year, they rode it out and did the only thing they could do.

Good ole Double A :laugh: You see how he's working out in Chicago. But I agree, we just have to let certain things ride out. But Clinton is not trade-able. I hope he comes back and makes everyone who hated on him eat it after the season. I wonder how many Trade Portis threads will start. ;)

its called a slump, the entire offense (except campbell and cooley) are going thru one

O line? shot to pieces

Receiving core? injured and not playing great (consitently, obviously ARE has been outstanding thus far overall)

so lets knee jerk reaction say hes lost it and trade him away for pennies. It will be really great when he regains his pro bowl form and the 4th round draft pick we get for him doesnt even make the squad...

there are 11 games left, support your team and believe they will hit a hot steak

remember 2005? 5 games in we were 3-2 with a defense that was stopping people and an offense that couldnt take advantage of it. We were at a crossroads and what happened?

the team gelled up and decided to play redskins football and (despite having Marky Mark Brunell as a STARTER) finished 10-6 and got in the playoffs and beat TB in TB.

Oh and by the way, CP only had 3 100 yard rushing games 5 games into 2005 with ZERO TDs and people were saying he lost it, he didnt fit, trade him

YES CP hasnt been stellar, but lets not throw him to the wolves just yet. Its a long season and there is alot that can happen in one season

Let remind you some of the high points of CP's 07 career - just shy of 100 in the MIA game and threw a sick block to protect his QB (do i need to post that?). Thats called Heart

In PHI - efficient running - and when JC threw his INT he laid out that DB. Thats called Heart

Giants Game - CP sucked in the 2nd half, guess what, so did everyone else on the offense (with minor exceptions)

Det - again ran an efficient 4 ypc while he and betts made them respect the ground game so JC and the air attack went for 250+

GB game - CP didnt play well, but guess what, so did everyone else again with exceptions for JC and Killer Cooley

Im new to these boards and I realize that this is America and anyone can speak their mind. I hope Im not stepping on toes, but Im tired of talk like this. Stick by your team, talk of making moves is for the offseason

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Clinton Portis is probably the best player on the team. Maybe it's Samuels though.

He's a top 5 runner' date=' best RB blocker. He doesn't fumble THAT often. He has homerun potential.

Thread starter is a moron, really.[/quote']

I don't know...I think the moron is the one who thinks Portis is the best player on the team.

Clinton Portis is probably the best player on the team. Maybe it's Samuels though.

He's a top 5 runner' date=' best RB blocker. He doesn't fumble THAT often. He has homerun potential.

Thread starter is a moron, really.[/quote']I'm glad to see the majority here is back to this. The OP had a really dumb thought and posted it.

In an hour the trade deadline will have passed. Maybe the Mods can close this stupid thread officially then.

O line? shot to pieces

Thank you!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I didn't read any of the thread, but I don't have time, so forgive me if I'm restating....

The problem with Trading Portis is all about his trade value. We tend to see him as a superstar back (top 5 or 10) with game changing potential, BUT, I think most other teams see him as a solid starter with a couple of good years left.

He's been in the league 6 years, which is about the shelf life of starting running backs. Plus he’s coming off of, and in the middle of a re-occuring injury. So when it comes down to it, we would probably only get a 3rd/4th rounder in a trade for him. That being said, he’s more valuable to us than a 3rd/4th rounder, so we are never going to trade him….

Archived