Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis. Read before you flame.

redskins0756

Lets see we go through this every year. Trade this played trade the player. Hear is a idea STFU. Portis is not the problem. Yes he has fumbled the ball and I'm pissed at him for that. With that being said he has no o-line. I mean we now have 5 linemen hurt, WTH do you expect. Another thing if Moss was to catch a deep pass or 2 we threw to him. It would open up the run game. GreenBay also has a good defense and lets not forget that. I'm tired of this stupid trade threads.

Trading him wouldn't be smart. Keep him, but I wouldn't mind finding a good running back in the draft though. Not to replace Portis, but to compliment him and be ready in case he goes down. Portis may not have too many good years left.

He looks really beat up, his knee must be worse than we all think.

I was expecting a lot of crap and over reactions on the board today, so I'm not at all surprised by idiotic threads like this.

Our O line is EXTREMELY banged up, we have a QB starting just his second year, our starting WRs are hurt, and you want to trade our best player on offense? Yep, you thought that one through....

He looks really beat up, his knee must be worse than we all think.

I'm confident that he'll retire a Redskin, but I'm afraid that may happen sooner than we all wished. Aikman pretty much said what I've felt. Portis plays so hard(props to him for that) that he probably isn't going to enjoy a long career. I bet he hangs it up before he's 30. We should really explore the draft in 2008 and get ourselves a good back to compliment Portis and eventually take over for him. Betts isn't the answer. He's just a decent backup having a bad year

this is ridiculous, all these redskins fans that r all for giving up our franchise back after a loss that, if youve been watching the skins for at least 2 years, you would know was a very predictable breakdown for the skins. it wasnt just portis, moss or the o line, its coaching, its the mental attitude...

:doh: :puke: :evil: :yikes: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

I'm confident that he'll retire a Redskin, but I'm afraid that may happen sooner than we all wished. Aikman pretty much said what I've felt. Portis plays so hard(props to him for that) that he probably isn't going to enjoy a long career. I bet he hangs it up before he's 30. We should really explore the draft in 2008 and get ourselves a good back to compliment Portis and eventually take over for him. Betts isn't the answer. He's just a decent backup having a bad year

teach Mason how to block, he has the vision and the legs.

Did anyone actually WATCH this game. It was raining all types of **** mid-forties when the team has been playing and practicing in 70-90 degree weather. Road game against a great defensive team. Three starters and one second stringer out on the O-line. The CP fumble cost us nothing but time. Hell, I think we got the ball back further down the field than where we lost it. If you want to blame one person (which is ridiculous) blame Moss. His fumble was what led to the Packers taking the lead and the drops. Then again Sellers had a drop, Cooley and Lloyd failed to catch balls they got 2 hands on. Sean Taylor dropped three balls. Should we trade all of them? Maybe we should just trade all of them for Charles Woodson.

The short-term memories that some of you have are ridiculous. Everyone talks about three fumbles in three games. Yeah, that's a problem but what about the three TDs in three games? And I love that people say "trade him." Trade him for what exactly? Who are we going to replace him with? Let's take a look at the options. Betts? Yeah he's a big time player. He didn't score from the one in the final seconds of a game when we were down by two. And today he caught a ball where he couldn't get the two yards necessary for a first down (on 4th down). Sellers? First off he's a fullback not a halfback but I'll just entertain this anyway. He dropped a ball before Betts got stuffed twice in that other game and his drop today was on 3rd and 1 ending a drive. So since we have no one on our roster to replace him, I suppose another team will give us a better running back 5-6 games into the season.

Seriously people take your B&G glasses off for a moment and think did you really expect us to win this game going in (before the game, before we took a lead)? The Packers defense is for real. They blew a game last week at home for their first loss of the season, don't you think they were motivated today? Now look up at the sky, it isn't falling. Our next game is at home against a .500 team that I believe is down to a third string journey man QB who was signed this week. After that we got a tough one. But after that we get a 1-5 team who's only win came against an 0-6 team. From where I'm sitting if the next three weeks play out as they should we'll be at 5-3 at the midpoint of the season in a position to win 10 games.

In other words, chill the **** out.

He was injured I know. He was playing with backup O lineman I know.

But when the game is on the line you don't fumble. You just DONT. You also don't act the way he did. Sitting by himself on the bench acting as if it's him VS everyone.

Hate to break it to you Clinton but it aint that way. You are a star on this team YOU need to carry us. It's inexcusable the way his play was this game and it has been sub mediocre for the entire season.

Ok so I guess we'll trade any body after they fumble from now on. :applause:Great idea.

Moss is the most so overrated. He had one good year and we all fell in love with him.

In reality, he has bad hands and he's injured a lot.

Yes, he caught the 2 passes to beat Dallas 2 years ago, hasn't done much since then.

His fumble, his tip on a ball he should have caught that turned into an interception, and numerous other drops lost the game.

I stopped reading when you said Moss has bad hands. I agree that Moss had bad hands in the Green Bay game, but not in the past. All this "what have you done for me lately" crap is getting out of hand. I mean just STFU....... please lol :logo:

:applause:

Best post in this worthless thread.

I second that. This is a completely worthless thread that merits all the flaming it's gotten. Portis is not only one of the top backs in the NFL, he does a whole lot more for this team than just carry the rock. Anyone forget that Portis is a great receiver out of the backfield? This was especially true when Cooley had to stay in and block earlier this season and Portis had to assume the role of being Campbell's security blanket. Oh yeah, I guess you also forgot how great a blocker Portis is in picking up the blitz. And, add to that how great a blocker he is downfield. That's nothing to say about the leadership he brings, in particular when he acts as a liaison for other timid players who don't want to speak their mind to the coaching staff.

Get real folks.

I stopped reading when you said Moss has bad hands. I agree that Moss had bad hands in the Green Bay game, but not in the past. All this "what have you done for me lately" crap is getting out of hand. I mean just STFU....... please lol :logo:

Some people don't get what Moss brings to the table. Even when he's hurt and has got the dropsies like he did against Green Bay, he brings immediate stretch-the-field respect to our offense. Take him out, you don't have that respect, even considering the great progress that ARE has shown this year. Moss is a game-changer, and he does that the second he steps on to the field.

Some people don't get what Moss brings to the table. Even when he's hurt and has got the dropsies like he did against Green Bay, he brings immediate stretch-the-field respect to our offense. Take him out, you don't have that respect, even considering the great progress that ARE has shown this year. Moss is a game-changer, and he does that the second he steps on to the field.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy I couldnt agree with you more!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:rolleyes:

I see all the whiners that have been absent since the Giants loss are now going to crawl out from under their rocks and start their Fire Gibbs! Trade Portis! Bench insert-name-here crapola again. :rolleyes:

Yup. And it's pathetic.

Archived