Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Go from 12th Man to 11th Man?

Dan T.

I would say now that, "Absolutely, I'd go in there and do the best I can."

What I would do standing close up to the NFL species of Human Being... can't necessarily say.

How many of you have actually been standing right next to an NFL player, much less been in on one single FULL SPEED NFL play.

I have a feeling it would be the single most violent event of my life.

Still say I'd do it if the Redskins were desperate enough to need me. Come to think of it, life would not be worth living if the Redskins were desperate enough to need me, so yeah, WTH, go for it.

Whatever money I earned would be spent on my hospital bills, assuming I survived. Because if Sean Taylor hit me with a full head of steam, they'd have to call all 3 CSI teams to try and find evidence that there once was a body that got hit.

They'd have to clean me off the field with a hose and a WetVac.

Anyone who said they would do it does not understand the difference between a highly conditioned, 240 pound annihilation machine who runs at near sprinter speed, and the average guy. The level of violence these guys exhibit utterly escapes you. You'd get killed.

Any body see "Paper Lion," lately? I think that was the name of it. George Plimpton going in for a play with the Lions. As I remember, the impression I got from that film was that all the confusion, complicated motion, timing, precision, and mass of humanity involved in one single full speed NFL play is almost incomprehensible to those who watch from a distance.

And that's the LIONS!

If it's such a big step up for BIG time college players like Landry and Taylor, what kind of step up and beyond would it be for me?

I would go for free against Dallas and just one play: Kick Off, yep would run strait down the field and hit their return man like he was a sled and strait break it, the way we use to over at Eastern H.S. Strait breaking sleds. If he touch back I would hit him anyway and just as hard. And I stay in shape never know when somebody gonna wanna try something dumb! Oh I sincerly hait Dallas until the earth turns to dust!

This post. . .

. . .got me thinking.

Suppose the Redskins asked YOU to suit up for one game for kick-off coverage duty. Would you do it? Would the risk of extreme pain and potential injury prevent you from serving as a wedge-buster on Danny Smith's coverage team? Or would you decline knowing your lack of NFL-caliber skill would be a liability to your beloved Skins.

Would you take the field for one Sunday afternoon?

Hell yes. I would do anything to play for the Redskins, even if just for one day.

Archived