Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we shop Mark to the Panthers?

Portis N Pals

LOL. I was being serious. We proved this year we can find diamonds in the 2nd day of the draft. With absolutely nothing but respect for Mark, why not move him when we have our Franchise QB, and build for the future? Seriously, Mark would be a HUGE upgrade for the Panthers...Gibbs has a home in NC...someone should look into this...

This could be our last chance if we were ever going to do it. Isn't next week the deadline? I always liked and supported Brunell but QBs are a hot commodity this season and he really is just a consultant for us at this point.

i like mark, he's a great mentor and a true team redskin at heart. let's keep him.

edit: the only time I felt like we needed to trade him was when he was under the center, now he found his role in our offense, and that's being a rich cheerleader and more importantly a mentor to our rising franchise QB

I wouldn't do anything to help an NFC team nor would I do anything to upset the team chemistry. I think Campbell likes having Brunell around and he's been a mentor to him according to Campbell himself. So, my vote is a definite no. :2cents:

Seconded. I'd rather not see the Panthers make the playoffs, and with all the injuries going around, we may need a viable backup for JC.

.........and Mark is about 10x better a QB than David Carr...........

Ummm, I wouldnt say all that. Especially at this point in his career. Why give up Mark this early in the season???? He's not great, but at least we have a solid #2 QB. Its a long season, you never know when we may have to put in our back up. You make these kind of moves in the offseason, not now.

We have good depth on the roster right now and you want to cripple that? Lets say we give Brunell away and then JC goes down in the 1st Q at Green Bay. You feel comfortable with Todd Collins? I know Brunell is old and noodly, but he did give us a 5 game streak to make the playoffs in 05 AND played not quite horrible enough to keep us from winning a post-season game. There is no 2nd string QB that would be able to run our offense as good as Brunell.

We have good depth on the roster right now and you want to cripple that? Lets say we give Brunell away and then JC goes down in the 1st Q at Green Bay. You feel comfortable with Todd Collins? I know Brunell is old and noodly, but he did give us a 5 game streak to make the playoffs in 05 AND played not quite horrible enough to keep us from winning a post-season game. There is no 2nd string QB that would be able to run our offense as good as Brunell.

Exactly, I never thought I'd say this, but dont trade Brunell. That would be stupid at this point of the season.

Delhomme just went on IR. We haven't been activating him the last few games. Even a 6 or 7th rounder would be good, and Mark is about 10x better a QB than David Carr. Can someone call Joe Gibbs and suggest this?

I don't think the Panthers would be the least bit interested in Mark Brunell. While Carr hasn't been very good so far, he's still younger and more athletic than Brunell. In no way is Brunell an upgrade there. Not to mention they shelled out a good bit of dough on Carr in the offseason. As mediocre as the Panthers have been, they still sit tied atop the NFC South standings.

Archived