Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Halftime Show ~ Pathetic

RedskinsFanatic

what pissed me off in game was when Madden compared Favre to Romo sits to pee. Saying something that Favre pulled (a scramble under pressure then throwing a pass) is something that Romo sits to pee would do.

Please. There are three people you dont compare to other QB's (in my opinion at least). Baugh, Unitas and soon to be Favre. You compare other QB's TO them.

I would have been fine if Madden had said "well thats something that Tony Romo sits to pee emulates well" - I would have questioned why Madden is displaying his love affair on national tv though - but the way he worded it, which was his intention, pisses me off.

NO mention of the 'Skins victory at all, nothing, nada.

They did happen to mention Romo sits to pee a couple of times though..this crap is beyond ridiculous.

How amazing would it be if the Cowboys just happened to lose to the Bills? It's in Buffalo, right? I really hope their fans come out screaming on Monday night.

The NBC Halftime Show talked about dominating performances, and I thought they would show the Redskins for sure. Instead, they showed...

Domination - Pittsburgh Edition, 21-0 at home. Impressive, but certainly not earth shattering.

Domination - New England Edition, 34-17 win at home against the Browns. Did anyone expect Cleveland to win?

Domination - Indy Edition - 33-14 at home. Again, Indy was expected to win.

We take on the #1 passing offense and hold them to three points in a 34-3 blowout win, and we don't even get mentioned.

The lack of respect by the media is ridiculous, but it gives the team sort of an underdog characteristic. That is a big advantage.

:logo:

The NBC Halftime Show talked about dominating performances' date=' and I thought they would show the Redskins for sure. Instead, they showed...

Domination - Pittsburgh Edition, 21-0 at home. Impressive, but certainly not earth shattering.

Domination - New England Edition, 34-17 win at home against the Browns. Did anyone expect Cleveland to win?

Domination - Indy Edition - 33-14 at home. Again, Indy was expected to win.

We take on the #1 passing offense and hold them to three points in a 34-3 blowout win, and we don't even get mentioned.

The lack of respect by the media is ridiculous, but it gives the team sort of an underdog characteristic. That is a big advantage.

:logo:[/quote']

new england let the browns close within 10 twice in the 4th quarter. NOT domination

the don't like the skins because we aren't flashy or interesting really.

look at those teams, all the poster boys of the media, indy, NE, and pittsburgh.

anytime any one of those teams does something, it will be plastered all over the headlines and openers for newspapers and shows, but the skins will be relegated to the middle. i'm ok with it, the washington post still puts out 5-10 redskins win articles, that is enough gloating for me

NO mention of the 'Skins victory at all, nothing, nada.

They did happen to mention Romo sits to pee a couple of times though..this crap is beyond ridiculous.

They showed Skins highlights, Cooleys first TD, Sellars reception for a TD, but not much else in pre-game which is still light years ahead of what Fox showed in their postgame show, (they showed the score and nothing else)

Althouh Bradshaw apparenly was praising us after it. (think it was bradshaw I was too uspet at having missed the majority of the 4th on Triple X at that point)

What was more annoying was Madden's pittiful attempt to try and find someone to compare the current Brett Favre too, and the best he could come up with. See that's an Old Tony Romo sits to pee there. Man I wanted to punch my TV over that one. Brett Favre is light years better than Romo sits to pee will ever likely be... grr

I don't think we need to going after Madden on this. He's still one of my favorite announcers, even though I don't always agree with him.

Actually, I thought it was Brian Urlacher who told Madden that playing against Favre was like playing against an 'old Tony Romo sits to pee.' My sense was that Urlacher was trying to compliment Favre on still having the throws, the field presence, and to some degree of the escapability that Romo sits to pee allegedly has. Considering the Bears just played Dallas -- Romo sits to pee's elusiveness was probably still on Urlacher's mind.

I figured that Madden picked up on that as a new way of praising Favre, and showing how Brett still has the youthful talent at nearly 38.

Howver, even if Romo sits to pee has been playing well for the first few games of the season, I don't think we can annoint him with the status of a player like Brett Favre. Favre has shown HOF performances all his life -- Romo sits to pee only has a couple of 'decent seasons' under his belt.

You know, the less the media pays attention to us (yes, even when we win), the better. I'm not sure we're "under the radar" per se, but I think we know what we're capable of as a team. And you know, that's good enough for me.

I couldn't agree more. We do better with less attention.

Yeah, when I saw that segment "Domination...[indy or Patriots or whatever] style, there I was, naive as ever, thinking that surely a 34-3 spanking would get the skins in there. After all, the Lions had set the NFL record for points scored in the fourth quarter just the previous week.

And what happens? The Redskins shut them out. Apparently, that's not domination.

There must have been some coverage somewhere, but I'm a pretty attentive football fan, and I haven't seen anything on the national shows about the skins. Could it be that many of the shows originate in New York and the people there are Gnats fans? Could it :dallasuck be, as we know is the case with Madden, that there are goofs who are so hypnotized by the Cowgirls that they won't run anything about the Skins?

I hate to engage in conspiracy theories, but this nonsense drives me crazy.

Here's a question: When does the B.S. hype stop and the real football analyses start? Answer: You have to watch local shows.

On the national networks, they have a lot of teams to cover, and they'll give us a few sentences about some of the teams. But not the Redskins, of course, who are only 3-1.

Speaking of hype, did anybody else notice - I know you knuckleheads did - how many times yesterday commentators mentioned the name of Romo sits to pee? It would be bad enough if they were talking about the Cowgirls, but some of them, Madden not least of all, kept dropping that name like it's some kind of magic charm.

"So they pull the guard Romo sits to pee and send him around the Romo sits to pee left end to block the Romo sits to pee linebacker, springing the running Romo sits to pee back for a 12-yard Romo sits to pee gain to the 34. Romo sits to pee. Romo sits to pee, Romo sits to pee, Romo sits to pee."

Aaaaggghh! Stop it!

Halfway through the season last year, people were saying Romo sits to pee might be a bust. Now he wins a few games, and he's being compared to Brett Favre?

BRETT FAVRE?

A previous post referred to family-friendly football lite. I guess real fans will be subjected to this sort of dreck, which is probably tied to whatever the top-selling football poster is at Wal-Mart.

So here's the solution: Raise your children right. I'm teaching my second- and third-grade kids "Hail to the Redskins." I scared the baby yesterday when I vaulted off the couch during the game, hollering like a barbarian in response to one of the many great Skins plays.

I saw a neighbor lady in the street in the evening, who told me she and her husband, sitting in their yard next door, heard me yelling during the game. Through the wall. Doors and windows closed. Across both properties.

Hail.

Archived