Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two Huge games for NFC East next week...

NoCalMike

Two Huge Games for the NFC East next week:

These could be the biggest non-division games of the season.(well besides our date with the Pats but the game against Green Bay will probably have us feeling either excited or dejected about that game, lol)

Washington vs. Green Bay - Right now, I'd say the Pack will be favored at home. Assuming they beat the Bears tonight, they will get the 3 1/2 that a home team gets, and maybe another point or two. I think the media is more sold on Green Bay being legit than the Redskins at this point HOWEVER, if the Redskins can go in there and come out with a win, in ANY FASHION, I think the Redskins will actually be looked at as legit. Farve vs. a young Jason Campbell is going to be fun to watch. I dunno if our defense had a better than usual day, but if they had this much success shutting down the NFL's #1 passing offense, I think they can have success against Farve and company. It also helps that we land this game in October, and not in the winter chill of December. That takes away what is usually a big advantage for the Packers.

The other game that will be telling is:

Patriots @ Dallas: Up to now, and including tomorrow night on MNF, the Cowboys have played basically chumps.(Besides the Giants, which was a highly competative game until the last minute or so) No one has bothered to nit-pick at that fact yet because they are the Dallas Cowboys, and until they actually lose a game, no one is going to rain on their parade. Now, if New England goes into Dallas, and gives them a thumping, or even wins convincingly, I am pretty sure the media will then decide to find flaws in their previous unbeaten record. Now, if Dallas wins that game, it will also say a lot about them being legit. I don't care how thick my burgandy and gold blinders are, if the Cowboys beat the Pats next week, they are a legit Superbowl threat(unless except for any season changing injuries)

I just found out that the Falcons and Saints both play at different times than the 1pm games next weekend, so if the Pack win tonight, it'll most likely be that game on the local fox next weekend. It has to beat out Minnesota-Chicago, Baltimore-St. Louis, and NY Jets-Philly. I'm liking the odds. I won't have to go to a bar to enjoy the game!

Definitely 2 great games. The Packers have a great defense and an offense that fully depends on the play of Brett Farve. It surprises me that he's doing so well with a virtually non existant running game. Favre is a tough SOB, the Skins need to go in there and hit him in the mouth more than once. It's going to be a low scoring game depending on who's more physical.

Definitely 2 great games. The Packers have a great defense and an offense that fully depends on the play of Brett Farve. It surprises me that he's doing so well with a virtually non existant running game. Favre is a tough SOB, the Skins need to go in there and hit him in the mouth more than once. It's going to be a low scoring game depending on who's more physical.

You said something very very intersting here. Green Bay is doing it without a running game. Sorry that is exactly what Detroit was before we expose them. No running game, suspect OL. Naturally BF is much more mobile than Kitna and a legent. BUT I think no way do the Green Bay packers had the receivers that Detroit has. If not for the turnovers the Beagles would have beaten them soundly with their D. I like our chances very much.

Now, if New England goes into Dallas, and gives them a thumping, or even wins convincingly, I am pretty sure the media will then decide to find flaws in their previous unbeaten record.

I doubt it.

I think, depending on the degree of thumping, the reaction will either be"Dallas had a bad day against a Super Bowl team", or "Well, maybe Dallas is the best team in the NFC."

i love favre and the pack this year as i have both him and driver on fantasy so its hard not to root for them, but so far our defense has made kitna and mcnabb look like bottom shelf qb's, largely due to our secondary. favre is having a great year but so WAS kitna, as long as we dont get ****y we should win this.

as much as i like the pack's success and favre this season, its almost as rocky as the lion's success.

think about how poorly the eagles are playing and how 2 muffed punts got them the win.

We do owe the Packers for the game against them in 2004. That was when we got that weird funky, illegal motion or some type of akward penalty that seemed like it was called after the snap, and of course we got a Touchdown on that play, and it was called back.

If I remember correctly, we picked off Farve twice in that game, and I think Springs or Smoot would have had #3, but another crap penalty was called....

I just remember that game being officiated horribly.

One thing is for sure though, a one-dimensional offense is not going to beat our defense this year. Green Bay better start practicing how to run the ball efficiently, because we just shut down the leagues #1 passing offense with relative ease.

Our defense would appear to be ahead of their offense, so the game ought to come down to what we do when we have the ball. They've got a good front four and a couple of really good linebackers. We'll have to be ready to handle our business at the LOS. With any luck, Sellers will set the tone again and we can out-tough them.

I recall that for several years, it seemed like we were going to Green Bay every damn season (back when Lambeau was the toughest venue).

You know it is entirely possible that the Skins and Pukes are tied after next week. It is also possible that the Bill beat the girls and then the girls lose again next week :)

Actually, it's completely im-possible.

Seeing as they will have played 6 games and we'll have only played 5.

:)

(The reason I know that is because a few minutes ago, I was thinking the same thing.)

I kinda hope that Greenbay wins tonight and we go against a 5-0 Packers team next Sunday. Maybe get them a little over confident?

It's a nice wish, but after what we just did to the Lions, I don't see us exactly sneaking up on the Pack. (Or anybody else. Maybe the Cowboys are that stupid.)

I kinda hope that Greenbay wins tonight and we go against a 5-0 Packers team next Sunday. Maybe get them a little over confident? Should be a good game.

I'd rather them win so they don't have to worry about losing two straight as we roll into town.

I'm feeling a little confident about our chances against GB. Despite what I think about strength of schedule this early, they haven't beaten anyone good.

vs. Eagles (1-3) - Subtract two muffed punts and the Eagles win.

@ Giants (3-2) - Giants weren't playing the way they are now in week 2

vs. Chargers - (2-3 w/ pounding of Denver) - Norv Turner. Nuff' said. :laugh:

@ Minnesota (1-3) - Good run Defense, but the 29th ranked pass defense.

They go against 1-3 Chicago tonight, and even as beaten up as the Bears are, they always manage to give them a good fight. It'll be an interesting matchup for our game vs them, but after seeing our defense shut down the no.1 passing offense in the league, I'm confident in our chances.

As for the 'Boys... I'm pretty sure the Pats will win. If the Cowboys win though, then they'll offically have me on notice.

You know it is entirely possible that the Skins and Pukes are tied after next week. It is also possible that the Bill beat the girls and then the girls lose again next week :)

And maybe the wish fairy will take me to happy lollipop land and fill my head with candy. :laugh:

I'd love to see it, but a Bills win is possible but not probable. :dallasuck

Archived