Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have to pick the Skins/ Lions game in my pick em' league and...

nneece

I'm having a tough time coming up with reasons to pick the Skins. The best reason I can come up with is that the Lions are 0-21 at Washington or something like that. Aside from that, I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from the 2nd half of the Giants game. Detroit looks to be for real this year and has had an impressive win against Chicago and some impressive games this year so far.

Here's my biggest concern: if the Lions are able to put up 26 points or more on our D then our O will not be able to keep up. I don't think it is likely that they put up these type of points, but Chicago has a good D... Of course, Chicago made a lot of mistakes and turned the ball over which I don't see happening.

What type of confidence points do I put on this? If I pick Washington I can't put a lot of points on them because...

Bottom line is this, which Washington Redskins team shows up on Sunday? The team from the 2nd half and 2006 season or the team that has shown signs of being good in the first 2 weeks of the season?

Bottom line is this, which Washington Redskins team shows up on Sunday? The team from the 2nd half and 2006 season or the team that has shown signs of being good in the first 2 weeks of the season?

Your guess is as good as mine... I hope its the same team the first 2 weeks but these past few years its soo freaking hard to get a good read on this team.

Chicago had a banged up defense when they played Detroit. I think GW will have the defense ready, he's usually pretty good at slowing down good offenses when it really counts (see: first half of the Indy game last year; Saints game last year).

Detroit also played against Philly (okay D), Viks (bad D) and Raiders (bad D).

When it comes to betting, I'd do my research with Vegas bookies. They know alot more than the ESPN "experts" IMO.

I always pick the Redskins, I just can't ever go against them. Just recently, I cut a Detroit player from my fantasy roster because I can't use him this week and it's a waste of a roster spot to bench him. Every week I want us to shut out the opposing team. I don't know how some people can cheer for the enemy to get yards and points against their own team just so they win in a stupid fantasy league.

I don't think you have to feel guilty about your pickems. Just because you're a homer, doesn't mean you can't be realistic. i.e. I picked the Iggles to beat us, but I'm glad I was wrong. It has a lot to do with where they're playing, who they're playing, and the history of the relationships between the teams, imo.

What type of confidence points do I put on this? If I pick Washington I can't put a lot of points on them because...

The answer is, I wouldn't put too many confidence points on it, but I'd still pick the Skins. If Calvin Johnson doesn't play, that's one less weapon, and they don't have much of a running game. Their O-line isn't very good so we might get a few sacks and a turnover.

Here's the real question. Do you trust our offense to keep the ball for long periods of time, gouge them with the run, and keep our defense fresh? If you think we can do that, pick the Skins.

You didn't mention whether this was with a spread or not?

Also, bet the over.

All I have to say for those people who think the Lions suck based on the past. Look at their offensive production at the end of last year and THIS year. Kitna is on pace to throw for 5000 yards, and leads the league in passing yards. Yes, he will throw a few INT's and get sacked 5 times a game, but he still throws for 400 and 3 TD's!! Mike Martz... greatest show on turf... remember?

This will no doubt be the biggest test for our Defense this year! Lets hope they can stop this passing attack, and our offense can score enough points to keep up with them. Go skins!!

I'm having a tough time coming up with reasons to pick the Skins. The best reason I can come up with is that the Lions are 0-21 at Washington or something like that. Aside from that, I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from the 2nd half of the Giants game. Detroit looks to be for real this year and has had an impressive win against Chicago and some impressive games this year so far.

Here's my biggest concern: if the Lions are able to put up 26 points or more on our D then our O will not be able to keep up. I don't think it is likely that they put up these type of points, but Chicago has a good D... Of course, Chicago made a lot of mistakes and turned the ball over which I don't see happening.

14 Points!

The Vikings and Raiders have pretty good defenses.......

Both teams stuggled offensively, which mean the D was on the field for a good chunk of the game. I'm not buying Detroit just yet.

As far as the pickem thing goes, I try to be objective with all of the game whether Skins are involved or not.

I ask three questions: 1. Who is running the ball better? 2. Who is playing better defense? 3. Who's home?

No guarantee by any means but a good starting point.

In this case, I would say go with the Skins.

The answer is, I wouldn't put too many confidence points on it, but I'd still pick the Skins. If Calvin Johnson doesn't play, that's one less weapon, and they don't have much of a running game. Their O-line isn't very good so we might get a few sacks and a turnover.

Here's the real question. Do you trust our offense to keep the ball for long periods of time, gouge them with the run, and keep our defense fresh? If you think we can do that, pick the Skins.

You didn't mention whether this was with a spread or not?

Also, bet the over.

Straight up. Just a friendly pickem league on Yahoosports although there is money at the end of the day. I won the league last year. I try to pick the games as subjectively as I can, and often that is hard to do (be subjective) with the Skins.

You're a Skins fan -> you pick the Skins. No exceptions. It may not be right; it may not be pretty; it may not even be safe, but you pick the Skins!!!

Chicago had a banged up defense when they played Detroit. I think GW will have the defense ready, he's usually pretty good at slowing down good offenses when it really counts (see: first half of the Indy game last year; Saints game last year).

Detroit also played against Philly (okay D), Viks (bad D) and Raiders (bad D).

When it comes to betting, I'd do my research with Vegas bookies. They know alot more than the ESPN "experts" IMO.

:laugh:

Raiders have a bad D? Really? Ok, whatever you say. The Vikes D is pretty good too, those are all top 15 defenses and Oakland's is a top 10 D.

All that said, the Lions D isn't. :laugh: I wouldn't have any problems picking the Skins this week, I have a feeling this is going to be Campbell's break out week right here and the defense is going to really surprise some people and put themselves on the map. :2cents:

56-21 loss to a team we beat on their turf on monday night is enough of a reason for me!

I agree! The Lions are weak on defense. I believe our defense can d up on them. I'm concerned with the height advantage their WRs have over our CBs. But Kitna should be blitzed and pressured all game.

Archived