Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per SportsTalk980: (report wrong) McCardell eval next week (Merged)(mod edit)

ccsl2

We cannot get rid of Lloyd. His contract was extended as soon as we signed him so if we cut him we take a huge hit and no one wants him bad enough to offset the cap it as part of the trade.

Worst free agent move of Gibbs #2. If we had not extended him we could have cut him after last year.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Amen to that. McCardell will be a nice fit, even if it is for only a couple of years.

I just don't understand what people think he is bringing to the table. He is way past his prime. Look at the guys in Houston who beat him out.

11 Davis, André WR 6-1 195 Virginia Tech 6

80 Johnson, Andre WR 6-3 219 Miami (FL) 5

12 Jones, Jacoby * WR 6-2 210 Lane College 0

13 Mathis, Jerome WR 5-11 191 Hampton 3

83 Walter, Kevin WR 6-3 214 Eastern Michigan 5

I mean Andre Davis, Mathis and Walter beat him out and we are supposed to be excited?

apparently some nfl pundits are saying that if randy moss keeps playing like he does, NE wont be able to afford him next year since he only has a 1 year contract.

even here in college park, I can hear danny boy's mouth salivating and dear god is it disgusting.

however, I was surprised we signed Caldwell initially, since I thought we would sign McCardell first.

That said, we finally (hopefully) solved the kicking situation, which has been a revolving door for as long as I can remember (not as old as some of you all ;) ), we seem to have solved the QB situation which hasnt been stable for quite some time so WR is naturally next - i hope.

hopefully these signings will force b.lloyd to try harder. I root for him, I really do, he has the ability but doesnt seem to want it :-\

I see this as more of a bringing in competition thing than anything else. Look at how long they gave Taylor Jacobs to blossom. With the money they've put in to Lloyd, as well as the draft picks, it makes sense to turn up the heat on him to see if they get positive results.

haha dude, turn up the heat? lloyd has had over a year to prove something and he doesnt even have a catch this season. he is pretty much completely worthless at this point. i cant count how many receivers weve signed this offseason, but weve gotta be close to setting records.

lloyd is done, hes not going to contribute anything. you dont sign two vets like mccardell and caldwell and have them sit. they were brought here to be the #3/4/5 guys because lloyd blatantly isnt that guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsNoles21

so now we have moss, randle el, thrash, caldwell, lloyd, and mccardell.

Im thinking Moss Randle El Caldwell and McCardell on the field in a four wide set would be pretty solid.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Amen to that. McCardell will be a nice fit, even if it is for only a couple of years.

Don't mean squat if the QB doesn't get them the ball...JC tends to zero in on 1, maybe 2 guys and thats it. He ain't seein the field like Brady or Manning.

It's too bad the skins just can't Lloyd on the season ending IR list to create a roster spot.

In a related story...

TRAFFIC ACCIDENT IN PARKING LOT LEAVES LLOYD W/ POSSIBLE LEG INJURY

(Ashburn, VA) Reports coming out of Redskins Park today indicate Brandon Lloyd was run over by a truck in the team parking lot. As to what caused the events, truck driver Vinny C. when asked at the scene, "my brakes failed, they really did."

Lloyd is expected to be fine, but may end up on the injured reserve list as a result of his injury.

In a curious twist, the scene at the parking lot seemed to have plenty of skidmarks, somewhat contradicting Mr. C.'s claims.

060715-kobrasol-197-thumb.jpg

JUST KIDDING FOLKS. DON'T HARM THE JOKE WRITERS...:D

I just don't understand what people think he is bringing to the table. He is way past his prime. Look at the guys in Houston who beat him out.

11 Davis, André WR 6-1 195 Virginia Tech 6

80 Johnson, Andre WR 6-3 219 Miami (FL) 5

12 Jones, Jacoby * WR 6-2 210 Lane College 0

13 Mathis, Jerome WR 5-11 191 Hampton 3

83 Walter, Kevin WR 6-3 214 Eastern Michigan 5

I mean Andre Davis, Mathis and Walter beat him out and we are supposed to be excited?

Thing about Kubiak, is he's trying to build the team from the ground up with new, young guys. Knowing his style of coaching (and the GM's - i forget his name - current philosophy) I could totally see some of those guys beating McCardell. Kubiak wants younger guys who will stay with the team longer.

EDIT: Probably not a good idea though, imho, because if one of those guys gets injured, you're putting scrubs on the field, but lets face it, Houston is a Work in Progress right now...

But watching some film on McCardell, and going to a few SD games last year, I can say the guy has some left in the tank. After this year though, it might just be fumes, but I truly think that he'll be an excellent fourth or fifth WR.

Archived