Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per SportsTalk980: (report wrong) McCardell eval next week (Merged)(mod edit)

ccsl2

apparently some nfl pundits are saying that if randy moss keeps playing like he does, NE wont be able to afford him next year since he only has a 1 year contract.

even here in college park, I can hear danny boy's mouth salivating and dear god is it disgusting.

Not going to happen. Randy is a front runner. Its not going to be about the money it will be about winning. He will take less to stay with the Pats.

I believe he signed with Houston and was released.
Anyone know why he was released? With Andre Johnson getting hurt, you would think it'd be Houston that's more desperate for receivers, yet they released him.

Their current depth chart (with Johnson out):

1. Andre Davis
  2. Kevin Walter
  3. Jacoby Jones
  4. Jerome Mathis

And McCardell was released? :rolleyes:

Thing about Kubiak, is he's trying to build the team from the ground up with new, young guys. Knowing his style of coaching (and the GM's - i forget his name - current philosophy) I could totally see some of those guys beating McCardell. Kubiak wants younger guys who will stay with the team longer.

But watching some film on McCardell, and going to a few SD games last year, I can say the guy has some left in the tank. After this year though, it might just be fumes, but I truly think that he'll be an excellent fourth or fifth WR.

I understand what you are saying but look at the names on that list. I have a hard time believing that they could not use him if he still has it.

I just don't understand what people think he is bringing to the table. He is way past his prime. Look at the guys in Houston who beat him out.

11 Davis, André WR 6-1 195 Virginia Tech 6

80 Johnson, Andre WR 6-3 219 Miami (FL) 5

12 Jones, Jacoby * WR 6-2 210 Lane College 0

13 Mathis, Jerome WR 5-11 191 Hampton 3

83 Walter, Kevin WR 6-3 214 Eastern Michigan 5

I mean Andre Davis, Mathis and Walter beat him out and we are supposed to be excited?

Maybe they wanted to stay young. Plus Mathis and Davis both have KR ablility.

In a related story...

TRAFFIC ACCIDENT IN PARKING LOT LEAVES LLOYD W/ POSSIBLE LEG INJURY

(Ashburn, VA) Reports coming out of Redskins Park today indicate Brandon Lloyd was run over by a truck in the team parking lot. As to what caused the events, truck driver Vinny C. when asked at the scene, "my brakes failed, they really did."

Lloyd is expected to be fine, but may end up on the injured reserve list as a result of his injury.

In a curious twist, the scene at the parking lot seemed to have plenty of skidmarks, somewhat contradicting Mr. C.'s claims.

060715-kobrasol-197-thumb.jpg

JUST KIDDING FOLKS. DON'T HARM THE JOKE WRITERS...:D

Brandon Lloyd is so slow he would have been hit early thus negating the need for Vinny to make so many skid marks.

:D

Maybe they wanted to stay young. Plus Mathis and Davis both have KR ablility.

I understand that but he didn't just get cut. He was cut before the start of the season. No one else is beating down the doors. I am not against the signing but I just don't see it having a big impact.

Trust me I would love to be wrong.

lloyd has had over a year to prove something and he doesnt even have a catch this season.

True statement...but you have to be thrown at to catch a ball. And I know he had a chance with the pass in the endzone (to me it seemed he jumped way too early) and was lazy coming out to make the play but the guy can catch!

I'm pissed at BL just as much as the next guy but I think (and it doesn't really matter what I think ultimately) if JC would look his way BL would catch the ball...

Either way, this signing totally surprises me!

HTTR! :point2sky

I really don't know what to make of this signing. It's definitely weird because we just signed Caldwell. I'm going to assume one of two things. 1. Lloyd is on his way out either via trade or just being released (although I really don't think the skins would release him until after the season) 2. Thrash will no longer be used as a wide receiver unless it is an emergency situation due to injuries or something else that would leave us really thin at receiver. I'm assuming Moss will be back for the Lions game on Oct. 7th. Hopefully we will get some more info about this soon.

i like the signing, and could care less that hes old, as long as he doesnt drop balls. hopefully our staff will find out fast wether he can help us or not and him and caldwell can get on the feild b4 the season is over and do so. i hope we just outright release loyd and take a cap hit which i could care less about. i care more about danny learning a lesson on who to sign and who not to sign and how to structure contracts better. id quite frankly be pissed if i were j. thrash and just took a pay cut so i could go out and block and special team my butt off while loyd gets an nfl equivelant to highstakes welfare.

Thing about Kubiak, is he's trying to build the team from the ground up with new, young guys. Knowing his style of coaching (and the GM's - i forget his name - current philosophy) I could totally see some of those guys beating McCardell. Kubiak wants younger guys who will stay with the team longer.

wait, what do you mean BUILD the team from the ground up with NEW YOUNG GUYS? i dont think any of us here in redskins land understand that concept.

Archived