Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Samuels and Sellers in VB...WOW!

Skins81a

First these guys were so nice and such class. I was at chicks bar last nite for my girlfriends B-day with only about 30 other people in the whole place. When big Mike comes to the outside bar wearing a long sleeve redskins shirt ( I thought him wearing the shirt was pretty cool). I watch him walk back in and thats when I noticed Chris. A few minutes went by and my g-friend was telling me to go up to them but it really isnt my type of thing to do but she did. She got me to go up to the bar where there were only about 15 people and as I was walking from the outside to the inside you could here Chris's deep voice talking football to everybody there! We stood next to Chris and in mid-conversation he looked over at us and introduced himself. I told him I was sorry but I was a big fan and thanked him for the win on Monday nite. He said as a joke, you didnt mention last Sunday, the bar laughed! He said, "thats Skins fans they support you no matter what." I got a sweet picture of him with my girlfriend. Sellers heard it was my g-friends birthday and went out of his way to wish her happy B-day and then took the time to introduce himself to me. By the end there were probably only 15 people left and Big Mike and Chris as well as their wives( or girlfriends) were so nice to everyone! Before they left they came around to everyone and said good nite, they jumped in a boat with a couple of 60ish folks and left. If those 2 guys are representing the skins then folks we have it made as Skins fans! Hail!

First these guys were so nice and such class. I was at chicks bar last nite for my girlfriends B-day with only about 30 other people in the whole place. When big Mike comes to the outside bar wearing a long sleeve redskins shirt ( I thought him wearing the shirt was pretty cool). I watch him walk back in and thats when I noticed Chris. A few minutes went by and my g-friend was telling me to go up to them but it really isnt my type of thing to do but she did. She got me to go up to the bar where there were only about 15 people and as I was walking from the outside to the inside you could here Chris's deep voice talking football to everybody there! We stood next to Chris and in mid-conversation he looked over at us and introduced himself. I told him I was sorry but I was a big fan and thanked him for the win on Monday nite. He said as a joke, you didnt mention last Sunday, the bar laughed! He said, "thats Skins fans they support you no matter what." I got a sweet picture of him with my girlfriend. Sellers heard it was my g-friends birthday and went out of his way to wish her happy B-day and then took the time to introduce himself to me. By the end there were probably only 15 people left and Big Mike and Chris as well as their wives( or girlfriends) were so nice to everyone! Before they left they came around to everyone and said good nite, they jumped in a boat with a couple of 60ish folks and left. If those 2 guys are representing the skins then folks we have it made as Skins fans! Hail!

This thread IS completely useless without pics...

Also has anyone every seen Joe Gibbs around town? I have never heard of a story about that. The guy must never go anywhere except for redskins park.

I saw him in the grocery store at North Point in Reston one day last year (I'm pretty sure he lives in the condos near the Reston Town Center during the season). I went up to just say hi, and let him know what a big fan I was, and he pulled a Redskins game schedule out of his jacket pocket and autographed it for me, chatting it up with me for a little while.

He really is a great guy in person...it struck me as funny though that he keeps some autographable materials and a sharpie with him at all times, just in case.

I've met a lot of Redskins in the past couple of years and they have all been really down to earth friendly guys who love their fans. Maybe they have to love us so we don't hurt them when they let us down, but either way it's nice to know that we're not cheering on some thugs, just regular guys doin what they love to do =)

pictures! =)

Archived