Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we had scored the final drive TD...

morpheusmeyers

Do you think we should have gone for the kill and opted for 2?

I say should & not would bc I don't think there would have been any chance Gibbs would have gone for 2. But since the D had been on the field for almost the entire second half and was wiped out I don't think I would trust having to rely on them to make a stop in OT (if the Giants won the hypothetical coin flip).

Thoughts?

PS-Has anyone seen the font size in that 700 page playbook?

are you really asking this question? There is NO coach in the NFL that would have gone for two. Much LESS Joe Gibbs. Only a few that would do it in college and thats b/c they know they can't win a shootout type OT like they have in place for college. It feels like we usually win in OT as of recently anyway.

EDIT: There is one situation where a NFL coach would go for it to win. If the season had been going so bad that they had nothing to lose. Aka Texans a couple years ago.

no way i would want to go for 2 for the win...specially not this early in the season, it was a big game being divisional. But its not like we desperately needed it to get into the paloffs. That said i would have taken the tie and went into OT with momentum on our side

are you really asking this question? There is NO coach in the NFL that would have gone for two. Much LESS Joe Gibbs. Only a few that would do it in college and thats b/c they know they can't win a shootout type OT like they have in place for college. It feels like we usually win in OT as of recently anyway.

EDIT: There is one situation where a NFL coach would go for it to win. If the season had been going so bad that they had nothing to lose. Aka Texans a couple years ago.

Remeber alstott! Gruden against us 2 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh: WOW HOW QUICKLY PEOPLE FORGET

We would have gone for the tie. And in OT we would have won b/c we had all the momentum.

But we lost b/c Portis wasn't in. Simple as that.

Should not have gone for 2....and don't be so sure Portis would have scored anyway. Remember last years Dallas/Redskins game? We had 4th and goal from the 1 early in the game, went for it, couldn't get in. Who ran the ball? Portis... He's not money from that distance.....

I say should & not would bc I don't think there would have been any chance Gibbs would have gone for 2. But since the D had been on the field for almost the entire second half and was wiped out I don't think I would trust having to rely on them to make a stop in OT (if the Giants won the hypothetical coin flip).

Thoughts?

I got confused when you mentioned the word "Kill" in a redskins realted sentence. We just don't do that.

Thoughts?

Not many coaches would go for 2 in that situation. As a matter of fact, I would be willing to bet theres not 1 NFL coach who would go for the win there, especially at home. If you score, take it to OT and win it there.

Should not have gone for 2....and don't be so sure Portis would have scored anyway. Remember last years Dallas/Redskins game? We had 4th and goal from the 1 early in the game, went for it, couldn't get in. Who ran the ball? Portis... He's not money from that distance.....

Alot more money than Betts. Betts trips over his own feet on the goaline. I like Betts more in the open field. Not on the goaline.

:laugh:

Is this a joke? We wouldn't even go for the kill when we were up 17-3 at the beginning of the 3rd, why in the hell would we go for 2? You think we have John Gruden coaching for us or something?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived