Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whiny Babies FTL... You Are Being Held Accountable (Names Included)

SantanaClaus89

I'm just about the only one you quoted who showed up and I hardly whined.

For at least showing up, you should be commended. :applause:

For pining over Patrick Ramsey, who couldn't even be our 3rd string QB, you should be committed. :doh:

Ya know, some fans are so polar that they remain on one end of the spectrum, or the other.

We suck!

We rule!

We suck again!

Oh we so rule again!

YAY!

I still have love for you as a Redskins fan though.

Winning cures all. :D

This is a different slant, but in a lot of ways I love all the negative attention. Its part of our identity, we put up with it, because we are fans. Just like the Red Sox made all the negative attention part of their identity until the iron was hot and they striked. This is the time! I hate the bandwagon fans. I may be new to this post, but I am not new to pain and suffering. I have put up with it for 15 plus years. I became a fan, yes a fairweather fan, when i was a little kid, adoring mark rypien, but since that season have not had anything to cheer for, yet I have stuck by it since, putting up with all sorts of crap, not to mention crappy ass panther playoff runs and converted redskins to panther fans (makes me sick), and I think this could be a special year, but I welcome the doubters, the crap talkers, the stupid analyists. They make it so much sweeter, and they make being a redskin fan even more beautiful. If we keep winning, I relish the thought of them jumping on our bandwagon. It's inevitable, just look at the Red Sox, they have lost their identity as the lovable losers, now they are just annoying. Please oh please, let that never happen to us, but may God shine down upon the burgundy and gold, and Hail! This has turned into a rant, but I just wanted to get some thoughts out there, and there will be many more from me to come. I have been reading yall for years, yet never felt like posting. I love most of yalls analysis, with exceptions like idiots like NoName74 (clearly one of these stupid fairweather fans who dont know a football from their *******), and look forward to a special season! Thanks guys, HTTR

The thing that gets me is the folks that ***** and moan after every single play...I don't see how anyone can actually enjoy watching or keeping up with the game. This was the first time I stayed in the game thread and it was about as enjoyable as the ESPN crew. If some of you have anger or emotional issues maybe you should wait until the end of the game to share your thoughts.

I love this board and most of the people on it post insightful thought out content but some of you need to grow up. I agree that this thread needed to be made and maybe next time some of the children on this board will hold there tongue until the entire 60 minutes have been played.

Our team went into probably the toughest places to play and not only got a win but overall looked damn good at times getting it. The philly crowd was totally taken out of the game and for our young QB to make plays and our o-line holding it down even after we lost RT was phenominal. Our D has only allowed two TD's in 20 quarters if you count the pre-season and that says a lot to me.

agreed. Those were emotions showing. Not their true colors.

"****!!"...

"Come on, offense!! Damn!!"...

"****ing catch that, Moss!! Geez!!"...

"Get your head in the game, Cooley!!"...

"What the **** are you retards doing!! Another false start?!"...

Those are emotional outbusts in the heat of the game...

"That's it, the game's lost. We suck, we won't win anymore than maybe 4 games all season"...

"Gibbs is the worst coach in the league!!"

"Get ready for another losing season"...

"We'll be lucky to score 6 points"...

THOSE are not emotional outbusts...those are fans who can not WAIT to have their negativity proven correct, and announce that it has been...even if only one quarter of play has transpired...even if only one game has taken place.

I want to clarify something:

I'm not bashing anyone or trying to make anyone look stupid. I think it's outrageous though how many people come to "ultimate conclusions" so quickly. We're all fans here. We're all on the same side. It just boggles my mind to see how many people literally give up or declare doom BEFORE HALFTIME OF THE SECOND GAME!

Those that are angry with me, you think you're mad? Imagine trying to enjoy the game with a community of fellow fans and seeing page upon page of posts like I quoted. I know, I know, "You don't like it, get out", right? Well I choose not to. And I could say the same to you guys who rip me for starting this thread. You guys said all that stuff, not me.

And notice how I did not include things like "Man Cooley sucks today" or "Jason keeps throwing bad passes". Everyone does that when the situation calls for it, myself included. The things I put up here are ultimate conclusions or people abandoning the team or certian players so prematurely.

The point I'm trying to make here is we are 2-0!!!! Every last one of us should be happy not bashing the crap out of our team at any and every opportunity.

You could use the entirety of someone's posts. Read the rest of them and see I was positive too.

At the time, Campbell was NOT impressing. And besides scrambling, let me tell you. His best is still not better than Ramsey's best here in DC.

Though I imagine it will be later this season.

Also, Randy Thomas being out for the season is a big deal.

I've got to think you're kidding about Ramsey. No objective person in their right mind could write or think this with a straight face. Ramsey never had any touch or poise. The only thing Ramsey had was courage and that was beat out of him rather quickly. This team has confidence in Campbell and Ramseys team mates never believed in him, nor did his coaches. Campbell makes throws that no QB in DC has been able to make since Rypien. His only week point is his accuracy. His history shows he's an accurate QB so I'm confident he will improve. His decision making gets better and better. He's good but will be very good.

:eaglesuck

"****!!"...

"Come on, offense!! Damn!!"...

"****ing catch that, Moss!! Geez!!"...

"Get your head in the game, Cooley!!"...

"What the **** are you retards doing!! Another false start?!"...

Those are emotional outbusts in the heat of the game...

"That's it, the game's lost. We suck, we won't win anymore than maybe 4 games all season"...

"Gibbs is the worst coach in the league!!"

"Get ready for another losing season"...

"We'll be lucky to score 6 points"...

THOSE are not emotional outbusts...those are fans who can not WAIT to have their negativity proven correct, and announce that it has been...even if only one quarter of play has transpired...even if only one game has taken place.

We are 2-0. Who cares? No one here is fair weather. You can't be at this point. Let's focus on the team instead of the negativity. 2-0 baby!!!!!!

No, not really. You didn't say someone made a bad play who made a bad play. You CONCLUDED an ultimate answer based on a handful of plays. What you can't comprehend is no one should do that. Don't do it again, rather than trying to explain how something so stupid was somehow less stupid than a guy who was more stupid than you.

An ultimate answer based on one play/decision? Kind of like suggesting that our head coach lacked killer instinct based upon kicking a FG on 1st down in overtime last week, in your 'after you coach' thread on Sunday? ;) Tonight's playcalling pretty much disproved the notion of Gibbs hesitancy to go for the kill. I loved Gibbs desire to go for the TD before the half, to repeatedly let Jason create for himself off the rollout, to look vertical when the safe bet was running the clock etc... If you're still waiting for Coach Gibbs, you're a few steps behind, because he's already leading the way.

Just ribbing you Art, but we all make reflexive observations at times which are based upon our instincts and intuitions (often ascribing ultimate answers based upon scant evidence). It's part of being a fan... I know I was upset with our DL's lack of pass rush in the first half, and with our F.O.'s refusal to draft some OL depth etc... I rarely post in a game thread, but sometimes it's nice to vent. I think calling out other fans for heat of the moment remarks during a bad stretch in a game is pretty counterproductive. :2cents:

I'm not bashing anyone or trying to make anyone look stupid. I think it's outrageous though how many people come to "ultimate conclusions" so quickly. We're all fans here. We're all on the same side. It just boggles my mind to see how many people literally give up or declare doom BEFORE HALFTIME OF THE SECOND GAME!

This is exactly the problem at Fedex.

Too many naysayers, pessimists, people that make you wonder, "why the **** are you even here?"

"Give your seats to someone who will root for our team!"

The thing is, this is the mentality that takes away our home field advantage. I (and a lot of other dedicated fans) have to act as a cheerleader at the games and get people around us to take their hands out of their *** and make some noise. Get them to act like a fan, for crying out loud. Stop giving up on your team at the first sign of trouble.

We're all tired of losing. Stop acting like a loser, get rid of the loser mentality, and things will change.

/rant

agreed. Those were emotions showing. Not their true colors.

Too me.. I says it's their true colors. In 30 years of being a fan, I can not recall EVER saying a redskin team was beaten before the last 30 sec of a game. EVER!!!! Not inSuperbowl22 when Elway laid 10 quick points in the first quarter. Nope.. I laid a $100 bet AFTER the first quarter and smiled all the way to the bank.

The true Diehards will hold out hope till the bitter end! True colors indeed!

Just the heat of the moment. They get a pass for now...

NEVER! They are the ones that fell asleep and missed the amazing comeback of Brunell to Moss during a DALLAS game of all things. NO Pass.. not then, and not now.

Did I complain about Williams prevent defense during those last two philly drives giving me a near heart attack? Of course I did. But my statement was "As long as they keep them out of the endzone.. this game is ours!"

They did.. and it was. Yes.. I bleed Burgandy and Gold. How about you?

There are certain people who are aweful to read in game threads.

They are always doom and gloom, and say we suck every 2 minutes.

Why bother to post in a game thread. Its moronic.

Ghost of whatever is one of those posters.

Absolutely horrid posts. I seriously think he should quit watching football before he hurts himself.

Archived