Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Web Writer Worried about Cooley

sikizler

Redskins Players to Watch

TE Chris Cooley

Cooley is a fan favorite in Washington for his "Captain Chaos" persona, and is a physical pass-catching threat that the Eagles must contain. That task will probably fall upon first-year starter Chris Gocong when the Redskins are lined up in a traditional set. Keeping Cooley under wraps will be especially important inside the red zone. He has caught at least six touchdown passes in each of his first three seasons in the league, and excels by using his speed to create mismatches with linebackers and his bulk to do the same against corners

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/gameday/

:eaglesuck

What is this origin of this 'Captain Chaos' persona? Was it made up on this site.. do Cooley's former or current teammates call him that?

I definitely think we NEED to get Cooley and Big Mike Sellers involved more in the passing game tonight. Hitting them each in the flat for the quick gain when Philly leasts expect it. Or at the very least, once we hit the redzone.

What is this origin of this 'Captain Chaos' persona? Was it made up on this site.. do Cooley's former or current teammates call him that?

The story (according to Cooley) is that Brian Kozlowski dared him to introduce himself to the Rams (when he was made captain) as "Caption Chaos" a few years ago. He did and after that it just stuck.

I definitely think we NEED to get Cooley and Big Mike Sellers involved more in the passing game tonight. Hitting them each in the flat for the quick gain when Philly leasts expect it. Or at the very least, once we hit the redzone.

I know some of the team uses it. I know he won a $100 bet off one of the other TE's by introducing himself as "Captain Chaos" before a game to the other team's captains. I think there was some mention of him eating applesauce off the floor of an airplane also, but I can't be sure.

The story (according to Cooley) is that Brian Kozlowski dared him to introduce himself to the Rams (when he was made captain) as "Caption Chaos" a few years ago. He did and after that it just stuck.

I thought it was Christian Fauria last year, but you could just as well be right.

Oh ok. Thanks bro!

I remember people on this site calling him that and then people starting putting it in their sigs and what not. Just felt in the dark about the whole gig.

He is definitely a different breed. lol Glad that he is on board for a while, though. Major props to the FO for that.

I don't know if this is where they came up with it from, but Captain Chaos was a Dom Deluise alter ego in Cannonball Run.

Cannonball-Run-Captain-Chaos-resized.jpg

Captain Chaos is a fictional character in the Cannonball Run movie series. He is the alter-ego of mild-mannered Victor Prinzi (Dom Deluise). Whenever Victor or any of his friends, are being threatened, Victor is instantly compelled to don his satin cape and mask to become..."Him". Doctors have diagnosed Victor with multiple personality disorder, even though Victor is convinced that he actually channels the true spirit of a living superhero who always arrives just in time to save the day.

I thought it was Christian Fauria last year, but you could just as well be right.

I looked it up and I found one article that says it was Fauria and one that says it was Koz. The one that says it was Koz is more specific though, and I was pretty sure "Captain Chaos" was around before Fauria got here last year. I think he did it at the Rams game in 2005.

I looked it up and I found one article that says it was Fauria and one that says it was Koz. The one that says it was Koz is more specific though, and I was pretty sure "Captain Chaos" was around before Fauria got here last year. I think he did it at the Rams game in 2005.

I remember him telling the story on 60 seconds with a redskin a while back. I am pretty sure it was 05 as well as last year sounds too late. I am sure it was 05 but couldnt remember who bet him.

Makes sense to me.

Yeah, the thought of Cooley covered by a rookie should have some of their attention.

He's not a rook. Just a first-year starter (like Rocky McIntosh but he's had 1 more year in the league). Still nice to see that opponents might be gameplanning for someone on our offense that didn't go to Miami.

Archived