Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: It took a village to propel Heyer (What the Washington Post is supposed to be)

Art

Great article. I think it captured Stephon perfectly. Having played with Stephon as a TERP I can honestly say he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Which had to do with a locker room full of testosterone and egos. He just didn't care. You'd be surprised what kind of music he listens to too. Let's just say that he's not your average brotha in that department. lol I'm so proud of this kid. GO TERPS!!! GO SKINS!!!:applause:

You know, you're in a unique position in terms of providing and insightful answer to this question: Who do you think will have the better NFL career, Stephon Heyer or Jared Gaither? (and what was Gaither like, btw.?)

Glad to see the responses.

It's telling, to me, JLC is on his phone in the press box talking about panning on Heyer in the first quarter of the first preseason game, then followed through, but, Carpenter comes in and it's not even his beat and does Jason's job. If Jason was not so interested in blogging, he might be able to get this type of story, which actually bonds him to the readers.

It's a shame our primary can't figure this out on his own.

Glad to see the responses.

It's telling, to me, JLC is on his phone in the press box talking about panning on Heyer in the first quarter of the first preseason game, then followed through, but, Carpenter comes in and it's not even his beat and does Jason's job. If Jason was not so interested in blogging, he might be able to get this type of story, which actually bonds him to the readers.

It's a shame our primary can't figure this out on his own.

It's a shame that JLC is still the Post's primary Skins writer. Every time i read the guy it makes me want to send Maske a gift basket.

Great piece, thanks for posting this Art.

He was already the "feel good" story for this year, but that artical put it over the top. I'd love to see Stephon go to the pro bowl in a few years, and that would be icing on the cake. You cant help but to root for the guy to become a great player.

What a great article. I'll be rooting even harder for Heyer.

It's great to read not only how much Jordan, White, Devers (& of course his mom) have done together, but now he has Randy Thomas to look up to.

I like how Randy doesn't blow up his head: "He did all right. He's a rookie". He's going to keep his feet on the ground.

Hope to see him in B & G for a lot of years.

Archived