Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: It took a village to propel Heyer (What the Washington Post is supposed to be)

Art

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/15/AR2007091501362.html

This is a splendid, in depth article on Heyer. Carpenter wrote one back a ways on Fletcher. This is a wonderful in depth piece on a player we all have discovered together. This is what we wanted to know. This is what the people who read this beat are interested in knowing.

If you don't like reading a piece like this, you're not a fan of this team.

I love pieces like these because it makes you have a better connection with players, and you love that they are a Redskin. Unfortunately, it's a double-edged sword that also hurts you when certain players don't pan out, such as Antonio Brown.

Anyone remember that article? It was an amazing tale of how even Santana Moss heard about how amazing Antonio Brown was from the other side of town..

Great article. I think it captured Stephon perfectly. Having played with Stephon as a TERP I can honestly say he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Which had to do with a locker room full of testosterone and egos. He just didn't care. You'd be surprised what kind of music he listens to too. Let's just say that he's not your average brotha in that department. lol I'm so proud of this kid. GO TERPS!!! GO SKINS!!!:applause:

Sometimes, with what I usually read from such sources, I forget what a talented feature writer can do. In reading a great story about one player, I get to see some of the insides of another who plays for my team. I get to discover another tale of how people who made it big, care about hard-working people trying to get there and are willing to give back to help them.

I am reminded of how dreams are much more likely to come true if you show up and suit up. Thanks LC (and WaPo) for a story that refreshes the bond between me and my team.

Thanks for posting up the article up Art.

During camp I was a little worried that Buges might be pressing with his enthusiasm about the kid and his comparisons to Big Jake. This article brings into focus as to why Buges is so excited.

Definitely a feel good story.

Being a Braves fan, it's great to see the kind of person Brian Jordan was also. To take a kid he didn't know under his wing, and dedicate his time and money into making him a better athlete, truly amazing. Props to Stephon for never quitting, and having a great attitude towards becoming a better athlete. Great article!

Archived