Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some FACTS about Romo

esloan

Its going to be interesting to see how Romo sits to pee progresses. Is he going to be the QB from the first half season of last year, or is he going to be the QB from the second half, if he's the first half season he will be special, if he is the one that showed up for the second half of the season, its special ed. Its hard to tell with young QB's.

Ummmmm.. did you catch the game Sunday night? Perhaps the "collapse" of the second half of last year was a bit overblown?

Haha, now I can respect that, at least I know your hatred isnt based on any kind of reality or rational thought!

Here's the funny thing about Aikman though. His stats sucked. He did less than Brunell and he had the best OL, the best RB, and one of the best WR's and TE's in the league. If he was on even just a decent team he wouldn't have done ****.

Yes, the other QB's here were decent QB's who never played on very good teams. Aikman played on the same offense his entire career during the passing era and barely had more TD's than Ints. His one claim is he stepped it up in the playoffs, something that most of these other guys didn't even get a shot at.

Some of these make me laugh. Can you believe Everett, Jeff ****ing George???

Career Stats

---------Comp Att % Yds Avg TD INT

Aikman---2898 4715 61.5 32942 7.0 165 141

Krieg----3105 5311 58.5 38147 7.2 261 199

Everett--2841 4923 57.7 34837 7.1 203 175

Esaison--2969 5205 57.0 37920 7.3 247 184

George---2298 3967 57.9 27602 7.0 154 113

Brunell--2738 4594 59.6 31826 6.9 182 106 (thats counting 2004 too)

Cunninghm2429 4289 56.6 29979 7.0 207 134

White----1761 2950 59.7 21959 7.4 155 132 (Yes, thats Danny)

Seems like Aikman was an interception machine! Not impressive considering he led a HOF offense.

No wonder you guys are so impressed with Romo sits to pee. You haven't had a QB this talented since Danny White, or maybe even Staubach.

True very... very true. I love sticking it to my rival but to the OP, you gotta be a little bit more discreet and subliminal about it..... Almost tricking them into seeing your point. Skins fans are extremely stubborn and won't give an inch in the face of blatant facts like this. It will be taken as challenging their pride, taunting and maybe even trolling. Romo sits to pee is absolutely awesome with a world of potential. Trust me when I say skins fans are fully aware of this and they don't like it one bit. As excited as I am for him, he has to prove that he can be consistent which I think he will this year.

Actually, you have it all wrong...

Acknowledging Romo sits to pee's accomplishments so far is ridiculously easy for most Skins fans...validating the over-inflated perceptions of him by rabid Cowboys fans, however, is not anything any of us feel like joining in on. We have no problem with Romo sits to pee playing well, because it's soooooooooo much sweeter when we shut him down and beat the 'Boys, or when we see him go up against an actual GOOD defense and throw 2 INTs instead of 4 TDs...and bring all the chest-thumping to a halt (both by Dallas fans and by the media). Trust me, every Skins fan in America enjoys beating Romo sits to pee and T.O. far, FAR more than beating a Dallas team lead by scrubs.

But we know that Romo sits to pee is nowhere near as good as many of you are believing he is...that doesn't make him bad, just that we can see the false sense of bravado floating all over the place after his performance against the gawd-awful Giants' defense. We know it won't take much of a needle to pop that balloon...and we like reminding you of that fact. :cool:

Here's the funny thing about Aikman though. His stats sucked. He did less than Brunell and he had the best OL, the best RB, and one of the best WR's and TE's in the league. If he was on even just a decent team he wouldn't have done ****.

Here's a clue. He's a big reason why Emmitt and Michael did what they did. You simply do not understand football. He is a big reason WHY they were more than just a decent team. Do you think the team was great in 1989 when he was drafted #1 Overall? The went 1-15 and many QB's couldn't have survived the beating that he took mentally or physically. Aikman was the epitome of a franchise QB and a leader. He won more games than any QB in the 90's.

Yes, the other QB's here were decent QB's who never played on very good teams. Aikman played on the same offense his entire career during the passing era and barely had more TD's than Ints. His one claim is he stepped it up in the playoffs, something that most of these other guys didn't even get a shot at.

Every year, there are QB's with impressive stats who don't do anything in the postseason. Give me a QB who gets it done in the postseason. There are plenty of QB's with more impressive stats than Tom Brady without the hardware. "The Passing Era"... :laugh:

Some of these make me laugh. Can you believe Everett, Jeff ****ing George???

Career Stats

---------Comp Att % Yds Avg TD INT

Aikman 2898 4715 61.5 32942 7.0 165 141

Krieg 3105 5311 58.5 38147 7.2 261 199

Everett 2841 4923 57.7 34837 7.1 203 175

Esaison 2969 5205 57.0 37920 7.3 247 184

George 2298 3967 57.9 27602 7.0 154 113

Brunell 2738 4594 59.6 31826 6.9 182 106 (thats counting 2004 too)

Cunninghm 2429 4289 56.6 29979 7.0 207 134

White 1761 2950 59.7 21959 7.4 155 132 (Yes, thats Danny)

Seems like Aikman was an interception machine! Not impressive considering he led a HOF offense.

No wonder you guys are so impressed with Romo sits to pee. You haven't had a QB this talented since Danny White, or maybe even Staubach

Aikman was one of the most accurate QB's in NFL history, a leader and unflappable in the postseason. This post shows a very low football IQ IMO. :)

Trust me when I say skins fans are fully aware of this and they don't like it one bit. As excited as I am for him, he has to prove that he can be consistent which I think he will this year.

True my friend. Very true on both accounts.

We just gotta sit back and get our popcorn ready every week as Romo sits to pee continues to torch the NFL. Of course occasional visiting ES to witness all the skin fans whining about how unfair it is that Campbell doesn't play like Romo sits to pee. (shameful thread that was in the main forum BTW...true...but shameful for a rival)

:cheers:

Hey im happy Romo sits to pee is getting recognized he is doing well. I am glad as a Cowboy fan.

However, you cant come onto the reservation and expect to get props for him....Dude...we are the enemy...this IS and always will be the greatest rivalry in football if not all of sports. I dont care about the Chiefs/Raiders or Steelers/Ravens

This IS the rivalry and I like it that the Skins fans are so rabid. I like the fact that they bust chops because it shows that they love the game and their team and they are down.

I mean what kind of candy ass would say "Oh Yeah I love Tony Romo sits to pee..he is the best..better than our guy" and then call theirself a fan of another team?

I would rather dip my balls in acid then ever compliment a squaw player..but that is how it is supposed to be dude....if you want chivalry go play polo.

Now, this guy is the "respected opposition."

:cheers:

Actually, you have it all wrong...

Acknowledging Romo sits to pee's accomplishments so far is ridiculously easy for most Skins fans...

Really? Where are these skins fans?

validating the over-inflated perceptions of him by rabid Cowboys fans, however, is not anything any of us feel like joining in on.

See this is where skins fans lose me. Tell me you wouldn't be pissing your pants doing cartwheels naked down the street should Campbell play a very prolific, near perfect type game? Even if it comes against the Giants in a couple of weeks?

We have no problem with Romo sits to pee playing well, because it's soooooooooo much sweeter when we shut him down and beat the 'Boys

You haven't done this yet. I guess you're forecasting this years result? We'll see. I guess this is your strange way of saying that you hope to beat a good opponent?

, or when we see him go up against an actual GOOD defense and throw 2 INTs instead of 4 TDs...and bring all the chest-thumping to a halt (both by Dallas fans and by the media).

Romo sits to pee has started 11 games. Don't you realize the standards you hold him to is a compliment? Naturally it's harder to shred better defenses but I think he's shows alot of potential relative to his experience. Wouldn't you agree?

Trust me, every Skins fan in America enjoys beating Romo sits to pee and T.O. far, FAR more than beating a Dallas team lead by scrubs.

This is the way things should be but the point remains that giving Romo sits to pee and ounce of credit is like pulling teeth for you guys even when you guys won at Fed-ex last year. He played very well and put us in a position to win late but all I heard was Tony the Homo.. and Homo sucks.. he's can't beat the skins.

But we know that Romo sits to pee is nowhere near as good as many of you are believing he is...that doesn't make him bad, just that we can see the false sense of bravado floating all over the place after his performance against the gawd-awful Giants' defense. We know it won't take much of a needle to pop that balloon...and we like reminding you of that fact. :cool

You're still ducking and dodging the fact that a great or potentially great QB SHOULD shred a "bad" defense and not all QB's can or will do that to the giants this year. How good do we believe he is? How do you measure that? We're excited about what he's actually done and his potential. Nobody is claiming elite or HOF......

YET! :D

With one noted exception, you puke fans crack me up... :laugh: :laugh:

Let's deal with a few facts, shall we?

First, Romo sits to pee's 'honors' last year seemed to occur during his early games, not his later ones, where he stunk it up with his fumbles and INTs.

Romo sits to pee is an average qb. He has good games, he has bad games. He tends to have good games against weak defenses and bad games against good defenses.

I see a trend.

Also, in your glee over last weekend, let me point out a couple of things: 1) the Giants defense sucks...too old, too many injuries, bad coaching; and 2) much to the dismay of many puke fans, Garrett has actually installed a new offense...now that there's some film, I'd suspect Miami won't let the TE free down the middle all game...just a hunch.

But finally, puke fans, if Romo sits to pee is such hot stuff, why hasn't Jerruh given him 'hot stuff' money yet?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

With one noted exception, you puke fans crack me up... :laugh: :laugh:

As you do for us. :)

First, Romo sits to pee's 'honors' last year seemed to occur during his early games, not his later ones, where he stunk it up with his fumbles and INTs.

3 of his last 4 games including the playoffs were and 89 rating or better (two over 100).

Romo sits to pee is an average qb. He has good games, he has bad games.

Every QB has less than stellar games. The result when everything is added and averaged out is what separates.

I see a trend.

So do I. Romo sits to pee is getting better and better.

2) much to the dismay of many puke fans, Garrett has actually installed a new offense...now that there's some film, I'd suspect Miami won't let the TE free down the middle all game...just a hunch.

Sure, focus on Witten over the middle and play T.O. one on one. That was all game planning and being prepared. Do you think the Giants chose to let Witten torch them? Great design and play calling by Garrett.

But finally, puke fans, if Romo sits to pee is such hot stuff, why hasn't Jerruh given him 'hot stuff' money yet?

I think Jerry won't let Romo sits to pee test the market. Just a hunch.

3 of his last 4 games including the playoffs were and 89 rating or better (two over 100). [/color]

And, what was his qb rating for the last five of the regular season?

Up and down = average.

Sure, focus on Witten over the middle and play T.O. one on one. That was all game planning and being prepared. Do you think the Giants chose to let Witten torch them? Great design and play calling by Garrett. [/color]

The Giants didn't have the horses...oh, and BTW, I think you double TO, double Witten and take your chances on the other guy.

I think Jerry won't let Romo sits to pee test the market. Just a hunch.

Cowboys fans sure are needy. Why a thread asking for our approval? If you think he's great then what does it matter what we thinK?

Personally I would wait to let him finish the season before posting a thread like this. At least then you can make a point that he's no fluke, if by some miracle he can perform at a high level all season. I mean if he's hot his first 6 games and then fizzles out the last 10, then he's exactly what he was last year.

Seems a tad early to try and pat yourself on the back for him.

Hey im happy Romo sits to pee is getting recognized he is doing well. I am glad as a Cowboy fan.

However, you cant come onto the reservation and expect to get props for him....Dude...we are the enemy...this IS and always will be the greatest rivalry in football if not all of sports. I dont care about the Chiefs/Raiders or Steelers/Ravens

This IS the rivalry and I like it that the Skins fans are so rabid. I like the fact that they bust chops because it shows that they love the game and their team and they are down.

I mean what kind of candy ass would say "Oh Yeah I love Tony Romo sits to pee..he is the best..better than our guy" and then call theirself a fan of another team?

I would rather dip my balls in acid then ever compliment a squaw player..but that is how it is supposed to be dude....if you want chivalry go play polo.

I actually like this cowboy fan. He speaks the truth and keeps the homer goggles off. :cheers:

Every year, there are QB's with impressive stats who don't do anything in the postseason. Give me a QB who gets it done in the postseason. There are plenty of QB's with more impressive stats than Tom Brady without the hardware. "The Passing Era"... :laugh:

Aikman was one of the most accurate QB's in NFL history, a leader and unflappable in the postseason. This post shows a very low football IQ IMO. :)

Right, but the entire point of this thread is to tell us how wonderful Romo sits to pee is, because he has a 98.9QB Rating!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

I point out that Aikman didn't have very good stats and now it changes to the stats don't matter.

Who has the LOW FOOTBALL IQ???

So we are supposed to get all excited about Romo sits to pee and his great stats even though they don't matter? You said it yourself. Throwing 13TD's a year and 11Int's a year is good enough for the HOF because Aikman is a great leader and handed the ball off to Emmitt better than anybody else could. Who cares about Romo sits to pee's stats after that? Right?

Really? Where are these skins fans?

Here, for starters:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210407

Since clicking on this thread and remembering anything from it seems far from your skill set, I'll quote the first five posts by Skins fans:

"He had a helluva game -- no doubt about it. The NYG secondary is suspect to say the least, but 9 had to make the throws and he was spot-on all night. Tough to watch bc I hate Dallas with every fiber of my being.....but that was the most impressive performance I saw from today's games."

"Romo sits to pee had great numbers for sure. Frye wuold have done about the same.

Kudos to Romo sits to pee :applause: :applause: :applause: "

"I can't even hate on him tonight. He did very well. I looked at those stats like, "damn". Hopefully he won't stay this good"

"yeah... Romo sits to pee will probably win it. he deserves it, even though he played a third-rate defense, he was still efficient"

"as much as I hate to admit it..."

There's a lot more on that thread, if you're really interested in having your question answered, that is.

See this is where skins fans lose me. Tell me you wouldn't be pissing your pants doing cartwheels naked down the street should Campbell play a very prolific, near perfect type game? Even if it comes against the Giants in a couple of weeks?

Again, you should REALLY visit the Stadium forum more often...we have plenty of fans who talk of "caution", "one week at a time" and "let's not put him in the HOF just yet" whenever ANY young player has a great game (or streak of games)...

You haven't done this yet. I guess you're forecasting this years result? We'll see. I guess this is your strange way of saying that you hope to beat a good opponent?

It's simply my way of saying beating your hated rival is MUCH better when they're at full strength and not littered with injuries...when they're battling you for a playoff spot and you get to knock them out and move ahead of them...and when they're being lead by the "Golden Boy" of the league and the one-man press conference at receiver.

Romo sits to pee has started 11 games. Don't you realize the standards you hold him to is a compliment? Naturally it's harder to shred better defenses but I think he's shows alot of potential relative to his experience. Wouldn't you agree?

The "standards" I hold him to are the standards I hold EVERY QB to...meaning, stay consistent...

And please...don't act like all the Cowboys fans on this site have merely been saying "Romo sits to pee has pretty good potential, huh?" lol :laugh:...

This is the way things should be but the point remains that giving Romo sits to pee and ounce of credit is like pulling teeth for you guys even when you guys won at Fed-ex last year. He played very well and put us in a position to win late but all I heard was Tony the Homo.. and Homo sucks.. he's can't beat the skins.

And once again...actually READ our posts (I listed five up above, just as an appetizer)...the idea that nobody here manages to utter even a syllable of positive words about Romo sits to pee is a myth you love latching onto, for that "martyr" effect.

You're still ducking and dodging the fact that a great or potentially great QB SHOULD shred a "bad" defense and not all QB's can or will do that to the giants this year. How good do we believe he is? How do you measure that? We're excited about what he's actually done and his potential. Nobody is claiming elite or HOF......

YET! :D

I'm not ducking or dodging anything...but I am pointing out where you were wrong in thinking our stance against visiting Cowboys fans is due to our absolutely hating to admit that Romo sits to pee played well, and how much it kills us that he may have. That's nonsense. It's all due to the things I mentioned...and to what one of your brethren beautifully said in his post about you being the "enemy" and how he doesn't WANT us gushing over his QB, cuz he damn sure wouldn't gush over ours. He gets it...some of the rest of you, though, just pout and whine and turn a blind eye to anything that doesn't support your perceptions of Skins fans being stubborn.

Aikmen won games like a QB should - his stats don't matter.

Romo sits to pee has shown he is as likely to lose as win - his stats matter.

I'm interested in seeing how he does when the pressure is on. I have doubts about his ability to handle as evidenced last season. I think it comes from looking like you dad is also your grandfather and your mom is also your sister. Got to play on a kids mind...

Romo sits to pee's been in the league longer, and is throwing to TO and Glenn (until now). JC hasn't had the problems with fumbles in the regualr season that Romo sits to pee has.

Romo sits to pee is good, but he is not as good as the hype he gets, and that is the biggest problem most of us Skins fans have with him. (other than the fact he plays for a dirty, classless organization)

Steelers/Browns my friend. Steelers/Ravens doesn't hold a candle to Steelers/Browns.

your post is AWESOME!

good cowboy's fan!

In only 11 career starts Romo sits to pee has been named NFC Player of the Week three times (agains Bucs, Cardinals and Giants). Of the last nine NFC Player of the Week honors, Romo sits to pee has one three of them.

In 11 career starts he has passed for more yardage than Aikman and Staubach did in their first 11 starts....COMBINED.

Of his 11 starts he has had a rating of less than 80 only 4 times. A rating of between 80 and 100 2 times and a rating of above 100 5 times. His career passer rating currently sits at 98.9.

Now, I know you Skins fans will rationalize this; "well, he played well against some bad defenses" etc etc. However, other QBs played against those same defenses and most didn't play as well.

Lets take a look at Campbell:

He has never garnered an NFC Player of the Week award, so I can not compare those. So, lets look at ratings.

Of his eight starts he has had a rating of less than 80 4 times. A rating of between 80 and 100 4 times as well. He has never had a rating higher than 96.2, which was against the Giants in the last game of the season last year. His career rating is 74.4 which is 24.4 rating points less than Romo sits to pee's.

I am not making this post post to say that Romo sits to pee will have a better career than Campbell, because, truth is, none of us know. Either could completely fall apart this season, or next. But, I find it pretty stupid that some of you will state that Campbell is and will be a better QB than Romo sits to pee. It sounds stupid to do so and you have absolutely no facts to back this up.

Face it guys, at this point Romo sits to pee does NOT suck, as much as you Skins fans want him too. Thus far he has been something special.

Much of QB rating has to do with the type of offense run. You are mostly talking about stats. Dallas is a pass happy team which is great early but seldom gets it done it the playoffs. The Redskins are a rushing team. QB stats will not be as good for the Redskins and that is just the way it goes. The Redskins also have an injury prone Moss (when healthy is as good as there is) but two underachievers as 2 and 3. Hopefully our WRs start to help our QB and don't give up on plays like Lloyd did with one on one coverage against the Dolphins.

I will talk about two of Romo sits to pee's big passer rating games and explain why passer rating is a poor statistic. The first was his five TD game last year with two coming from one yard and two more coming from within the ten. It rewards teams for not pounding it in and showing their dominance. The other game was the Giants game. The first quarter should tell you a lot and may have been an indicator. Romo sits to pee looked BAD. He was missing wide open WRs. The remainder of the game he finally started hitting his guys (with nobody around) and then the Giants would miss tackles. The quotient for QB rating takes into account total yards but shouldn't YAC go to the WR and not the QB. The Giants couldn't tackle at all.

Archived