Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reports: Terry Glenn done for season (MERGED)

Mania

I already had Crayton in FF luckily, so his value just went up. Also, he is the team's punt returner until Newman is 100% (which might not be all season). If you are in a league that counts return TDs, Crayton isn't a bad receiver to have for depth.

Also, Crayton isn't as bad as some of you are making him out to be. The Boys production is going to slip with Glenn gone, but Crayton should be able to fill in respectably. At least until Romo sits to pee starts folding again.

He's going to play. If he's not heading to the IR he is playing.

That's good. I'm not sure any NFL team could afford to lose their best corner and one of their better WR's before the season started and expect to be competitive. At least with todays lack of depth on NFL rosters.

He's going to play. If he's not heading to the IR he is playing.

Moseley said he missed practice again yesterday, but is making progress:

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman (heel) missed another practice today, but I'm told he's making excellent progress. The dangerously optimistic Jerry Jones seems convinced Newman will play, but others in the building aren't so sure.

and also added

Newman's regarded as the hardest-working player on the team, and he's not the type of person who would ever ask for a day off.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say he'd play. His effectiveness is another story...

That's good. I'm not sure any NFL team could afford to lose their best corner and one of their better WR's before the season started and expect to be competitive. At least with todays lack of depth on NFL rosters.

It's a scary situation, but it's where good depth comes in.

Not drafting a WR [Even in the 3rd or 4th round] finally has bit us in the behind. W/O Glenn we can still do well. Our offense is still going to be explosive and do just fine. Our whole season still rest in the hands of our defense. If they can stop somebody we will be fine. If we get into shootouts like the end of last year, we could be in for a LOOOONG Ride.

If Glenn goes to I.R. I still see us picking up a Reche Caldwell or even making a trade for Michael Clayton from the Bucs.

Guest sith lord

Right now, the "official" reports say that he will miss the Giants game and possibly more. Anyway, it doesn't look like he'll see the field anytime soon.

From ESPN:

"Phillips said it would be a gametime decision on whether cornerback Terence Newman will be able to play with his plantar fascia foot injury. Linebacker Kevin Burnett returned to practice Thursday. He is recovering from ankle surgery."

EDIT: That was Clayton 30 mins ago.

Right now, the "official" reports say that he will miss the Giants game and possibly more. Anyway, it doesn't look like he'll see the field anytime soon.

I don't see him playing this season. The majority of Cowboy fans don't see it either. With that being said, I would much rather see Terry play late in the season making a playoff run then the first two games and miss the year. Same with Newman and Ellis.

Newman - Will play

But is that a good thing? After last season all we heard was complaints about how Anthony Henry was more or less forced to play through injury and that's the reason he was bad late in the year. And Newman's injury is one that is considered more serious than the one Henry had. If he is affected at all it really hurts what Dallas does on D. You can't rely on Newman to shut down the #2 receiver all by himself meaning you have to give him help.

But is that a good thing? After last season all we heard was complaints about how Anthony Henry was more or less forced to play through injury and that's the reason he was bad late in the year. And Newman's injury is one that is considered more serious than the one Henry had. If he is affected at all it really hurts what Dallas does on D. You can't rely on Newman to shut down the #2 receiver all by himself meaning you have to give him help.

The way I look at it .... If the D-Line cannot generate pass rush we are screwed regardless. Look at last season.

So if Newman has to cover like last year, then it's a long year.

If the pass rush is succesful then we will be fine.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I hate even more to see any play (save for maybe TO) go down for the season before the seasons even started. No player (save for maybe TO) deserves to have that happen to them.

...save for TO. That being said -- better them then us!!

It's crazy how the injury bug hits certain teams each year. No matter how much depth you have, if you lose a couple key guys your shot at having a winning season is greatly diminished. Sure I'd much rather beat the Cowqueens full strength with no excuses, although, there are always plenty of excuses to go around when we win.

The way I look at it .... If the D-Line cannot generate pass rush we are screwed regardless. Look at last season.

So if Newman has to cover like last year, then it's a long year.

If the pass rush is succesful then we will be fine.

I agree but I think Newman is the most important player on your D, even moreso than DeMarcus Ware. Particularly now that you guys are going with so much youth in your backup corners. If he can play at his normal level it gives you guys a huge advantage and allows you to do different things on defense. The better coverage your secondary provides the more aggressive you can be with your front 7.

This is a huge blow to them not because he's the whole team, but he's their lone true "speed" threat with experience. TO can get downfield as well, but the double teams will come and Witten/Fasano will have to step up.

I can see Caldwell or making a trade with the Bucs (Send the Cleveland pick to TB-ha,ha) for Clayton.

And to some of you who are saying it's classless to root for injuries- I don't think anyone in here actually gets out a voodoo doll or openly says "I wish so and so would break his leg." If it weakens their team, it's to our advantage. I'll take anything advantage.

You don't think teams were salivating at us without CP, Marcus, Springs etc.? I don't care who Dallass fields. If they have a star on their helmet, they're NFL calibur and should be beat.

Here's an example: Hypothetically if the U.S. went to war against China and they prepared to go against us with and army of 100 million, then a SARS epidemic broke out and they were down to 1 million, which would you rather face? All this BS about facing their best. Who cares? Like I said, if they wear a star, I want us to beat down on them. No excuses from any team. We had to deal with injuries and so do other teams.

By the way, TO is the only one in the entire history of the league that I want to see get hurt. Not career ender or anything to cripple him. Just an ACL would be nice.

It's crazy how the injury bug hits certain teams each year. No matter how much depth you have, if you lose a couple key guys your shot at having a winning season is greatly diminished. Sure I'd much rather beat the Cowqueens full strength with no excuses, although, there are always plenty of excuses to go around when we win.

They were virtually full strength last year when we were playing w/ backups on D and we still pulled out a win late in the game.

Archived