Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reports: Terry Glenn done for season (MERGED)

Mania

Serves you right for drafting a Cowboy.

Welcome to the era of Fantasy Football.. there is no such thing as not picking a certain player because they are your rival. Especially when they are capable of being a nice number 2 WR or a SOLID replacement for a bye week.

Would be kinda sad if you followed that 'rule'. What is the point of playing fantasy football when you are gonna be a complete homer and draft all Redskins players. :doh:

Welcome to the era of Fantasy Football.. there is no such thing as not picking a certain player because they are your rival. Especially when they are capable of being a nice number 2 WR or a SOLID replacement for a bye week.

Would be kinda sad if you followed that 'rule'. What is the point of playing fantasy football when you are gonna be a complete homer and draft all Redskins players. :doh:

My boy is a big time Steelers fan, he hates the Bengals, but he has Chad Johnson starting at WR on his fantasy team :laugh:

I asked him if he would start Chad against his Steelers this year, he didn't hesitate to say YES, b/c the Steelers will stop the run and force Palmer to pass and Chad will be the go to guy in a game were the run game isn't working.

Point being, don't be a homer if you plan to win in any fantasy football league, rival or not.

But my question for the guy that picked Terry Glenn. Why, didn't he know he was having offseason surgery and he has been out a while already?

#2 rule of fanstasy football: Don't draft a Wr that is as old as Glenn and had surgery on his knee, late in the offseason. JK thats my rule, so don't flip out if you know the real #2 rule :laugh:

Conflict of interests if you ask me.

I've had Witten for 3 years. He's my starting TE on one team. I root for him to catch passes between the 20's in mop up time.

My boy is a big time Steelers fan, he hates the Bengals, but he has Chad Johnson starting at WR on his fantasy team :laugh:

I asked him if he would start Chad against his Steelers this year, he didn't hesitate to say YES, b/c the Steelers will stop the run and force Palmer to pass and Chad will be the go to guy in a game were the Run is working.

Point being, don't be a homer if you plan to win in any fantasy football league, rival or not.

But my question for the guy that picked Terry Glenn. Why, didn't he know he was having offseason surgery and he has been out a while already?

#2 rule of fanstasy football: Don't draft a Wr that is as old as Glenn and had surgery on his knee, late in the offseason. JK thats my rule, so don't flip out if you know the real #2 rule :laugh:

Because at the time.. reports were stating that he would be ready to go by week 1. He was even 'practicing'. It wasn't until after the draft that he was quoted to be out '2 weeks'. Followed, by '2 weeks or more'. Followed where we are at now.. 'potentially the whole season'.

Because at the time.. reports were stating that he would be ready to go by week 1. He was even 'practicing'. It wasn't until after the draft that he was quoted to be out '2 weeks'. Followed, by '2 weeks or more'. Followed where we are at now.. 'potentially the whole season'.

Now you know my rule #2. Don't draft old Wr's that have offseason knee surgery, especially late in the offseason. I will give you a pass this time b/c you didn't know my rule :rolleyes:

For me, FF ruins dilutes the purity of the game. I can't very well be rooting for Witten while he plays against my team. I mean, nothing against FF and anybody that plays it, but I just don't get it.

Purity of the game? This game is far from pure.

If anything, it helps the game. When you play fantasy football, you will follow the sport more closely. You don't just focus on 'your' team. You focus on the game. It even increases football knowledge. How does that ruin anything?

Traditional fandom? nope. Wrong or ruins the game? Hardly.

It has been around since 1962 and is becoming even more popular EVERY year. Instead of finding ways to not play the game or even try to not understand it.. sign up for a free league and play for fun.

I can promise you that you would enjoy it.

Purity of the game? This game is far from pure.

If anything, it helps the game. When you play fantasy football, you will follow the sport more closely. You don't just focus on 'your' team. You focus on the game. It even increases football knowledge. How does that ruin anything?

Traditional fandom? nope. Wrong or ruins the game? Hardly.

It has been around since 1962 and is becoming even more popular EVERY year. Instead of finding ways to not play the game or even try to not understand it.. sign up for a free league and play for fun.

How is the game far from pure? Me cheering for my team to win against all odds and every other team is a pure thing.

Why would I want to cheer for a guy that's playing against my team? The only reason I watch football is to cheer my team until they've played their last game that season. I want every single guy on every single team that plays my team to do poorly. Anything else dilutes the reason I cheer.

Now you know my rule #2. Don't draft old Wr's that have offseason knee surgery, especially late in the offseason. I will give you a pass this time b/c you didn't know my rule :rolleyes:

“Thoughtless risks are destructive, of course, but perhaps even more wasteful is thoughtless caution which prompts inaction and promotes failure to seize opportunity.”

~ Gary Ryan Blair

How is the game far from pure? Me cheering for my team to win against all odds and every other team is a pure thing.

Why would I want to cheer for a guy that's playing against my team? The only reason I watch football is to cheer my team until they've played their last game that season. I want every single guy on every single team that plays my team to do poorly. Anything else dilutes the reason I cheer.

You can root for your team and your fantasy football players. Thinking that you can not is foolish and is only spoken by people who don't even play the game. You can not control who gets what stats regardless if it is against your team or another team in the NFL. Receivers WILL get catches, Runningbacks WILL get carries, Quarterbacks WILL pass. Regardless of who you root for.

No one is saying don't root for your favorite team ( I sure as hell know that I do. Even being in 6 leagues). Rooting for your team or rooting for your players won't change the outcome of the game or their stats.

You can root for your team and your fantasy football players. Thinking that you can not is foolish and is only spoken by people who don't even play the game. You can not control who gets what stats regardless if it is against your team or another team in the NFL. Receivers WILL get catches, Runningbacks WILL get carries, Quarterbacks WILL pass. Regardless of who you root for.

No one is saying don't root for your favorite team ( I sure as hell know that I do. Even being in 6 leagues). Rooting for your team or rooting for your players won't change the outcome of the game or their stats.

You're missing the point entirely and that's exactly the problem with FF. I mean to me it doesn't matter who you cheer for, I'm nobody's moral compass, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a guy whose favorite team loses because hi FF QB threw for 4 TD's against them. I mean I bet the guy is ecstatic becuase he got those FF points. No matter that his favorite team lost.

If you can't seperate what I'm talking about from a silly quest for a silly FF trophy then I can't help you.

You're missing the point entirely and that's exactly the problem with FF. I mean to me it doesn't matter who you cheer for, I'm nobody's moral compass, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a guy whose favorite team loses because hi FF QB threw for 4 TD's against them. I mean I bet the guy is ecstatic becuase he got those FF points. No matter that his favorite team lost.

If you can't seperate what I'm talking about from a silly quest for a silly FF trophy then I can't help you.

I can tell you emphatically that you can have a player from your hated rival on your fantasy team and root for him to do poorly. There is a difference between rooting for a guy and expecting him to do well. I hate TO but if I get good value on him in the draft I will pick him. I will play him and root for him to **** the bed each and every Sunday. Unfortunately history says he will probably do quite well and that is why he is on my team. Of course, if I can trade him and get equal value back I will.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am just not saying what you wish to hear. Therein lies the problem.

My favorite team didn't lose because my fantasy football starting QB threw for 4 TDs. My favorite team lost because the defense couldn't stop him. You can not control the outcome of stats and what not. Am I pissed when the Skins lose? Damn straight! Am I gonna let that keep me down and cry about it? Nope.

I am not JUST a Redskins fan. I am ALSO a football fan. I love this sport and find it very entertaining.

If you wish to shut yourself off from the rest of the NFL and act like the Skins are the only team in the entire league. Then, go right ahead and turn the blind eye.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am just not saying what you wish to hear. Therein lies the problem.

My favorite team didn't lose because my fantasy football starting QB threw for 4 TDs. My favorite team lost because the defense couldn't stop him. You can not control the outcome of stats and what not. Am I pissed when the Skins lose? Damn straight! Am I gonna let that keep me down and cry about it? Nope.

I am not JUST a Redskins fan. I am ALSO a football fan. I love this sport and find it very entertaining.

If you wish to shut yourself off from the rest of the NFL and act like the Skins are the only team in the entire league. Then, go right ahead and turn the blind eye.

Right, I totally shut myself off from the rest of the league becuase I think FF is garbage :laugh: Just because I'm a Redskins fan doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching Petyon dismantle the Saints, or VY pulling out a clutch win against his latest opponent. Unless of course, the latest opponent happens to be the Redskins. Therein lies the problem.

As a Redskins fan I don't ever cheer for an opposing player. Of course you have little effect on the outcome, but if 50% of the home stadium has Peyton Manning as their FF starter and theyre also Redskins fans, I'd say that might have a little more affect on home field advantage than you wanna admit. Who you gonna cheer? Who will you boo? Will you care more if you score in FF or if your "favorite" team wins?

Right, I totally shut myself off from the rest of the league becuase I think FF is garbage :laugh: Just because I'm a Redskins fan doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching Petyon dismantle the Saints, or VY pulling out a clutch win against his latest opponent. Unless of course, the latest opponent happens to be the Redskins. Therein lies the problem.

As a Redskins fan I don't ever cheer for an opposing player. Of course you have little effect on the outcome, but if 50% of the home stadium has Peyton Manning as their FF starter and theyre also Redskins fans, I'd say that might have a little more affect on home field advantage than you wanna admit. Who you gonna cheer? Who will you boo? Will you care more if you score in FF or if your "favorite" team wins?

I think FF is a cancer.

I used to do a baseball pool. I was a die hard fan of a particular team. The conflict between my picks and my teams got to me. After a few years, it was so bad, I abandoned baseball altogether. It affected my team loyalty.

I won't let that happen with the Skins.

It's just my situation. I'm not judging.

It Looks Like Terry Glenn Is Done for '07

Ryan WilsonPosted Sep 7th 2007 11:39AM by Ryan Wilson

Filed under: Cowboys, NFC East, NFL Injuries

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/07/it-looks-like-terry-glenn-is-done-for-the-season/

There was some confusion yesterday about the extent of Terry Glenn's knee injury -- the team's website had conflicting reports listing Glenn as both "out for the season" and "only missing two weeks."

Via Hashmarks, the word on the street is that Glenn's done for the year. Mosley writes that owner Jerry Jones was the main source for both reports, which, unsurprisingly, created some uncertainty. Mosley adds that the original story -- that Glenn would miss all of '07 -- appears to be more accurate:

Late Thursday night, a member of the organization told me Glenn was indeed finished for the season, but that the Cowboys decided (a little too late) to hold off on making the announcement.

Obviously, this is bad news for the Cowboys as they prepare for the Sunday night season opener against the Giants -- especially since the other starting wideout, T.O., is long in the tooth too -- but Mosley points out that in Glenn's 11-year career, he's made it through an entire season unscathed three times. That's it.

Now Patrick Crayton moves into the starting lineup with Sam Hurd and Miles Austin likely to see more playing time as well. You get the feeling this could be a very long, weird season for the Cowboys.

So, you can't enjoy VY pulling out a clutch win while playing fantasy football?

You do exactly what I do. The difference? I play fantasy football and you don't. Your 'arguments' as to why you do not play are no different then why I DO play. I enjoy football, just like you do, AND I can differentiate my love for my favorite team and my fantasy football team.

If you really think that people won't cheer for the Skins because Peyton Manning is on their roster.. you are fooling yourself. PLEASE, don't tell me that you believe that. :rotflmao:

Who am I gonna cheer for? The Redskins

Who will I boo? Who ever the Skins are playing that week and our fellow NFC East teams not named Washington Redskins.

Will I care more if I score in FF or if my favorite team wins? Here is a hint as to that anwer.. it is the same answer as yours is.

I think FF is a cancer.

I used to do a baseball pool. I was a die hard fan of a particular team. The conflict between my picks and my teams got to me. After a few years, it was so bad, I abandoned baseball altogether. It affected my team loyalty.

I won't let that happen with the Skins.

It's just my situation. I'm not judging.

FF is a cancer? Nope. You are just a homer.

Different people can differentiate between their team and their fantasy team.. and some can't.

Archived