Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Dallas have a "We Want DC" chant or anything?

ThePreciating

I remember during an interview of Deion when he came to Washington, he mentioned that we take the rivalry way more serious than the fans in Dallas. So I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I get that from a lot of the Cowboy Fans I talk to. One of our IT Guys is from Dallas and is a life long Cowboy fan and he hates the Eagles more than the Redskins.

I was just curious, because you know when we're playing at our best and Dallas is on the schedule, you're gonna hear the WE WANT DALLAS chant every time.

Does Dallas do anything like that? I know we haven't been exactly nasty as of late, but we've definitely been a thorn in their side.

I think the chant is more of a tradition from a season where we had play Dallas in the playoffs and the chant was filmed for America to see. Maybe I am wrong.

The rivalry is very strong with fans from both sides. Deon was always a Cowboy at heart when he was here, he even admits he came here to get Dan's $$.

:wewantd:

I get that from a lot of the Cowboy Fans I talk to. One of our IT Guys is from Dallas and is a life long Cowboy fan and he hates the Eagles more than the Redskins.

Yeah, i have heard this too, my friend is a Dallas Fan and he always tells me they hate the Eagles more than the Redskins, i guess because the Eagle fans cheered for Micheal Irvins neck injury a few years ago

I don't know if they have any chants like ours, but I do know they have a "We love homos" chant. They sing it at every home game when Romo sits to pee and T.O. step on the field together holding hands.

I laughed out loud when I read this. I mean sure it's immature, but it's CLASSIC Dallas heckling, and someone had to do it.

"We love homos"

Classic. Hahahahaha. You should be on the Man Law commercials.

I remember during an interview of Deion when he came to Washington, he mentioned that we take the rivalry way more serious than the fans in Dallas. So I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Cowboys fans don't really take anything seriously unless they win...:dallasuck

Well I was in Dallas last season for the Skins/Dallas game, and right before kickoff, and after they scored, there was a loud "Redskins Suck" chant.

I am not sure if that chant is part of the rivalry, or if it was a sigh of relief because of what happened to them in their own house in 2005.

I was just curious, because you know when we're playing at our best and Dallas is on the schedule, you're gonna hear the WE WANT DALLAS chant every time.

Does Dallas do anything like that? I know we haven't been exactly nasty as of late, but we've definitely been a thorn in their side.

dallas fans dont care about the redskins nearly as much as the redskins obsession with the cowboys.

but look at the all time record and then the recent (10 year) record and you'll see why. cowboys have owned the redskins.

If you look back there haven't been ALOT of times where BOTH teams were playoff contenders.

We did beat them twice in the NFC Championship game for the rights to go to SB 7 and SB 17...then in 1991 and 1992 we both made the playoffs but it was like 2 ships passing in the night...the Skins were on their way down...way down...where as the Cowboys were on their way up...way up...

The Eagles have provided Dallas with more of an equal rivalry the last 15 years or so...so it stands to reason that at least the younger Cowboy fans under age 35 would hate the Philthy Birds more than us.

But it really would be good for football if BOTH teams were good and fought for division supremacy on more of a regular basis.

i think the rivalry has picked up a lot of steam in the last 2 years.... you could tell with all the posters they had when we went down there. and then how t.o. did santana's first down celebration, then santana did it on the next drive..... believe me, its back. wade is in for a rude awkening when he comes to FedEx....

I guess I should answer this since I live here.......and am around Dallas fans.......who are actual Dallas fans.

I never have met anyone in all my life that "chanted" anything about the Skins.

I wear my B&G all of the time in many different places, and I never get abused. There is friendly heckling but I do think the SKINS fans get more excited about playing Dallas than the Dallas fans get about playing the SKINS.

As far as the chant of "Redskins Suck" before the game last year, I was there, and am there every year. I didn't hear the chant.......so it wasnt the entire stadium....and must have been brief.

If I remember correctly, the playoff game in which Riggins ran for 185 against the Vikings and which precipitated the "We Want Dallas" chants that you see the video footage of occurred on a Saturday. The next day Dallas won their playoff game against the Packers and I remember watching the broadcast and the Dallas fans were chanting about wanting to play the Skins, but can't recall how they were saying it.

Archived