Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Dallas have a "We Want DC" chant or anything?

ThePreciating

THe rivalry is taken much more seriously by you guys, than by us. We care more about winning championships than writing songs.

All you will ever get out of a Dallas fan is the occasional grunt. That usually happens when their two brain cells collide...

:dallasuck

THe rivalry is taken much more seriously by you guys, than by us. We care more about winning championships than writing songs.

says one the several poke fans who live on a REDSKIN Message board, constantly trying to post poke propaganda here

:laugh:

:secret: uh, who said anything about writing songs?

:rolleyes: not only have you not won a playoff game in over a decade, but a division championship as well.... maybe you should just write songs

It seems like the most rowdy Dallas fans into the rivalry are the ones inside the beltway. I haven't came across a native Dallas fan yet that hated the redskins more than the eagles...

I imagine its a long term memory problem. The last five years or so, it's been Philly keeping Dallas from winning the division. They also choose not to remember the 80's because we kept them down most years. It wasn't until we fell off the map while Philly was still working their way up that Dallas got back to the super bowl.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck

You puke fans always say this but it boils your blood when you lose to us.

Nothing better then being in denial.

It boils my blood when the Cowboys lose to anybody.

I hate the NFC East equally.

Really look at Cowboys boards and you'll see just as many Giants, and Eagles threads as there is Redskins.

I guess I should answer this since I live here.......and am around Dallas fans.......who are actual Dallas fans.

I never have met anyone in all my life that "chanted" anything about the Skins.

I wear my B&G all of the time in many different places, and I never get abused. There is friendly heckling but I do think the SKINS fans get more excited about playing Dallas than the Dallas fans get about playing the SKINS.

As far as the chant of "Redskins Suck" before the game last year, I was there, and am there every year. I didn't hear the chant.......so it wasnt the entire stadium....and must have been brief.

I too live in Texas, have been to one game here when we played them 12/26/2004, no chants against Skins. Wore my B&G proudly in the home section as the tickets were given to me from work for a bonus kinda thing. Anyhow some heckling from fans on way from car to the stadium, but nothing serious, some "Skins suck" - to which I proudly said "maybe, but not as bad as the cowboys do...." F**K the Cowpies. They can overlook us if they want too, and think Eagles are their only competition all they want to, let the surprise be on them. We shall sweep them again this year, wait and see!!

HAIL

I too live in Texas, have been to one game here when we played them 12/26/2004, no chants against Skins. Wore my B&G proudly in the home section as the tickets were given to me from work for a bonus kinda thing. Anyhow some heckling from fans on way from car to the stadium, but nothing serious, some "Skins suck" - to which I proudly said "maybe, but not as bad as the cowboys do...." F**K the Cowpies. They can overlook us if they want too, and think Eagles are their only competition all they want to, let the surprise be on them. We shall sweep them again this year, wait and see!!

HAIL

You coming to the game this year in November? My ES tailgate is already in the planning stage......bigger and better! Hope to see you there

I always heard, and was told, the Dallas fans don't take the riverly as serious.

And while that is true on 1 level - Skins are still the longest and biggest rivals to Dallas.

My 3 years in Dallas their "Biggest" rivally kept changing (Eagles, Giants, and at 1 point years ago the 49ers) - However they always track what the redskins are doing. Some fan took out a billbord when Gibbs came back saying "WANTED" (Like a wanted poster) and while they tell you they don't really care about the skins game, they hate loosing to the skins more then any other team.

Yeah, i have heard this too, my friend is a Dallas Fan and he always tells me they hate the Eagles more than the Redskins, i guess because the Eagle fans cheered for Micheal Irvins neck injury a few years ago

these are the bandwagon dallas fans (and there are A LOT of them) who do not appreciate the roots of a rivalry. They just notice that the Eagles have been winning lately and view them as their rival.

I always heard, and was told, the Dallas fans don't take the riverly as serious.

And while that is true on 1 level - Skins are still the longest and biggest rivals to Dallas.

My 3 years in Dallas their "Biggest" rivally kept changing (Eagles, Giants, and at 1 point years ago the 49ers) - However they always track what the redskins are doing. Some fan took out a billbord when Gibbs came back saying "WANTED" (Like a wanted poster) and while they tell you they don't really care about the skins game, they hate loosing to the skins more then any other team.

Yeah, I still am not fond of the 49ers. And especially that Deon P.I. in early '95.

I don't know if they have any chants like ours, but I do know they have a "We love homos" chant. They sing it at every home game when Romo sits to pee and T.O. step on the field together holding hands.

HaHaHA I seriously just laughed for 30 seconds out loud......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Honestly, I think every opposing team feels the same way about Dallas. I mean, sure being in the same division amplifies it for us, and our history, but just about every fan of every team hates Dallas. It is about more than the team, it is about their status as a media darling, how the media always seems to want them to do well, and does everything to try and act like they will be a superbowl contender.

As much as we as Redskins fans keep the rivalry alive, I think the rivalry was at it's high point from the George Allen years to the last days of the original Gibbs era.

The rivalry is recognized as one of the greatest in sports, not just the NFL. Both teams have won multiple championships. The notion that the sense of rivalry is greater from our fan base, shows that 'Skins fans have a more thorough grasp of reality.

Most true, older Cowboys fans recognize it, and reciprocate the dislike. However, much of their fan base was generated during their 90's run, when the 'Skins were insignificant. Unfortunately, the disregard for the rivalry will continue until the 'Skins can put a few seasons together while dispatching the Cowboys.

Archived