Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Brunell TO SEAHAWKS!!!!! (merged)

Dan T.

As they should be: Moss was one of the game's premier gamebreakers in 2005 whereas Betts was a guy who took advantage of alot of poor run defenses in a 5 or 6 game timeframe.

A guy like Moss makes any qb's job easier, and hopefully Campbell will have him as an option to throw to for 16 games this season.

So what are we arguing about?

So what are we arguing about?

Im not the one really arguing with you, that honors goes to Brandon Lloyd's Christmas and others :laugh:

Just wanted to express my belief as to why Brunell's deep completion percentage was favorable compared to the likes of Brady and Manning.

Elkabong congrats on 2000 posts.

Mark Brunell's touchdown was very nice, great pass. Can't you admit that with two guys there and the ball floating like it was it should have been picked off? Maybe the receiver would have come down with the ball, but it was a jump ball.

But then you could also argue his throw last year vs. Jacksonville in OT should have been picked, or that Rogers should have held on to the ball against Seattle.

The only defender I saw who had a chance at picking the ball off was the guy hitting into the back of the receiver and drawing a pass interference call. The other defender was next to the reciever, and the ball was in there before he realized it (much like the JC TD pass to ARE). I saw the receiver go up, his hands touch the ball, and the only other one who had a chance at it couldn't get to it because the receiver was already there.

Besides, I thought everybody wanted a QB who takes chances downfield.;)

(and thanks for the congrats)

Mark Brunell has done a lot for our team, but these days, he's old and washed up. If we can get a draft pick for him, I think we should trade him, plain and simple. With or without Brunell, we'll be in trouble if JC goes down IMHO. So, I say, trade MB. We need to think about our future as well.

Dude, give it up. Unless you have stats, which you don't, then don't bother because your hating opinions don't count for ****. Brunell sets a good example to his teammates by staying positive, by restructuring his contract and pushing money into later years he'll never see. Do you honestly think making absurd statements and stupid judgment calls about a man you don't know give any credence to your argument?

Why would I need stats when I am attacking his leadership ability. I'm telling you things that actually happened. I can't remember when he has stood up and taken responsibility for a horrible game. To me that is leadership. Excuses are not leadership. I'm making judgements based on what i've seen. I can't judge him because I don't know him? Do you know him? Are you him? If you think laughing on the side line during a big loss is good leadership, we just have different ideas on leadership.

But then you could also argue his throw last year vs. Jacksonville in OT should have been picked, or that Rogers should have held on to the ball against Seattle.

;)

(and thanks for the congrats)

No that throw was going to Santana, different rules for him. 2 guys covering Santana, and i'll still give the odds to Santana. :cheers:

Why would I need stats when I am attacking his leadership ability. I'm telling you things that actually happened. I can't remember when he has stood up and taken responsibility for a horrible game. To me that is leadership. Excuses are not leadership. I'm making judgements based on what i've seen. I can't judge him because I don't know him? Do you know him? Are you him? If you think laughing on the side line during a big loss is good leadership, we just have different ideas on leadership.

I meant you needed stats if you were going to slam Brunell as a player. As a leader, we have different views. I don't remember him laughing, but I've seen other players on our team and other teams acting non-chalant during a loss. And Brunell never assigns blame to anyone, he always says it's a team effort. Taking JC under his wing and not making a scene when he lost the starting job to JC aren't signs of character and leadership.

The leadership thing is opinion, and we don't have stats that can back that up. We both have our reasons, so agree to disagree. Hail.

The leadership thing is opinion, and we don't have stats that can back that up. We both have our reasons, so agree to disagree. Hail.

How about when our D is so bad, the only chance we have to win a game is go downfield. Clock is running out, somehow our rushing game has kept us in it, and the coaches call a play sending our WRs long. It's 3rd and 8. Santana is open or not, but MB tosses it to Betts at the LOS where he is immediately tackled. He never even glanced at the #2. Or MB tosses it out of bounds because he refused to stay in the pocket where it was safer. Hey, lets punt and let the other guys run out the clock. My God, how many times do you need to see us lose games like that? I would rather see an interception at that point rather than just fizzle out and lose. We need a guy willing to try to win, eff stats. I'm really tired of watching MB manage us another loss.

There is no future for this team with MB. You really don't need stats to see that. Even if he leaves, I think MB has cost us at least 2 games this year because JG stuck with him too long. JC should have another 3 or 4 games under his belt, and that will show up this season.

I think this pretty much kills the trade for Brunell if there was one going to happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2999662

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are parting ways with quarterback Byron Leftwich after four frustrating, injury-filled seasons.

Coach Jack Del Rio said Friday the team plans to trade or release the former first-round draft pick. Del Rio also named mobile backup David Garrard his starter heading into next week's season opener, believing Garrard gives the team a better chance to win.

I think this pretty much kills the trade for Brunell if there was one going to happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2999662

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are parting ways with quarterback Byron Leftwich after four frustrating, injury-filled seasons.

Coach Jack Del Rio said Friday the team plans to trade or release the former first-round draft pick. Del Rio also named mobile backup David Garrard his starter heading into next week's season opener, believing Garrard gives the team a better chance to win.

From that article:

Del Rio seemed to agree, naming Leftwich his starter in February and backing him every day since -- until now.

Leftwich was in the final year of his contract, so releasing him would not cost the team anything extra against the salary cap in 2007.

But it would leave the Jags with little room for injury at that position. Third-string Quinn Gray, who played well in the preseason finale after missing most of camp because of a sprained ankle, will move into the No. 2 spot.

The Jaguars are also trying to acquire a veteran quarterback to serve as a backup and may turn to former Jacksonville QB Mark Brunell.

CSN just said that Brunell says he "doesn't" know anything about the trade to the hawks however CSN did just say that the skins organization "did" say that talks are in process and that they will make a decision tonight

is that a local CSN to you in WA?

is that a local CSN to you in WA?
sort of....i have a this reciever that gets me local stations for any city i choose...so i keep it set up for Baltimore D.C area, that way i dont miss any skins news :D i'll see what i can find on my own local stations

So...should we start partying now or have a moment of silence first? :paranoid:

Too bad he wasn't healthy most of the time he was here. Tough to throw downfield with zip when your elbow, shoulder and knee are hurt.

He's a class act who never complained and looks like he's FINALLY healthy. Best of luck to you Mark!

How about when our D is so bad, the only chance we have to win a game is go downfield. Clock is running out, somehow our rushing game has kept us in it, and the coaches call a play sending our WRs long. It's 3rd and 8. Santana is open or not, but MB tosses it to Betts at the LOS where he is immediately tackled. He never even glanced at the #2. Or MB tosses it out of bounds because he refused to stay in the pocket where it was safer. Hey, lets punt and let the other guys run out the clock. My God, how many times do you need to see us lose games like that? I would rather see an interception at that point rather than just fizzle out and lose. We need a guy willing to try to win, eff stats. I'm really tired of watching MB manage us another loss.

There is no future for this team with MB. You really don't need stats to see that. Even if he leaves, I think MB has cost us at least 2 games this year because JG stuck with him too long. JC should have another 3 or 4 games under his belt, and that will show up this season.

So in your scenario, you are blaming Brunell for not completing a 3rd down pass, yet no blame goes to the bad D for blowing any leads, nor to Novak missing field goals, nor to Betts for fumbling at the end of games. Those three things are to blame for us not getting the extra 3-4 wins necessary to make the playoffs last year. You don't thin we might have done better had CP been healthy all season?

The only time our rushing game really kept us in a game was when JC was in and our O-line was allowing Betts to rush for 100 yards a game.

I just don't understand how you can come up with a scenario, and pretend that is why we lost every game. Last time I checked, it was a team effort, and the whole team lost, not just Brunell.

Brunell was 47 of 84 on 3rd down passing, or 56%.

Campbell was 34 of 70 on 3rd down passing, or 48.6%

Tom Brady was 71 of 136 on 3rd down passing, or 52.2%

Yeah, eff stats. Those silly little things do nothing but make opinions with no facts look even dumber.

So in your scenario, you are blaming Brunell for not completing a 3rd down pass, yet no blame goes to the bad D for blowing any leads, nor to Novak missing field goals, nor to Betts for fumbling at the end of games. Those three things are to blame for us not getting the extra 3-4 wins necessary to make the playoffs last year. You don't thin we might have done better had CP been healthy all season?

The only time our rushing game really kept us in a game was when JC was in and our O-line was allowing Betts to rush for 100 yards a game.

I just don't understand how you can come up with a scenario, and pretend that is why we lost every game. Last time I checked, it was a team effort, and the whole team lost, not just Brunell.

Brunell was 47 of 84 on 3rd down passing, or 56%.

Campbell was 34 of 70 on 3rd down passing, or 48.6%

Tom Brady was 71 of 136 on 3rd down passing, or 52.2%

Yeah, eff stats. Those silly little things do nothing but make opinions with no facts look even dumber.

What I blame on Brunell is meaningless stats that seem to thrill some people. I don't want want to see our QB throw another 2 yard pass on 3rd and 8. I want a guy with the confidence and game awareness to at least attempt to win the game, not play it safe all the time. I don't want a QB whose diminished passing skills cause our running game to suffer because everybody stacks the box.

I don't think ANY #3 has but a tiny chance of ever seeing the field, and that is huge compared to the possibility it turns into something positive for this team. On the other hand, MBs presence here is hurting the team. There is no future with MB, and we are preventing ourselves from developing Palmer or some young Joe off the street who may be actually able to help the team someday.

Archived