Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Papa John's gets smart

nneece

Papa John's is offering the usual get a pizza at a discount and get a free topping for every TD the Redskins score. At this rate, Papa John's is really going to keep their cost under control. :( Seriously, the O needs to pick up the production.

Looking at the stats, we are running basically the same offense we ran last preseason with a bit more down field passing. Instead of worrying about that, you should instead look to the drastic improvement of the defense. Last year, we gave up over 140 points in preseason, this year we are leading the league with the fewest points allowed.

2006: 143-27

2007: 25-37

The offense itself has scored 23 points so far and should end up with at least 30, indicating the very slight tweaking to our preseason approach to the offense this year.

I know you are seeing teams like Dallas put up 30 points but that is hardly an indicator of how good their offense will be in the real games. Remember that the Raiders last preseason won 4 games and put up 21 points in each of them only to go 2-14 when it counted.

Anyone remember the old deal back in the late 90s, when Dominoes was the sponsor? Back then, they'd take a dollar off for every touchdown we scored. I remember there was one big game where we scored a ton and all the local Dominoes got killed. I remember driving by one and they had shut down early.

I think Papa Johns got the deal the next year.

Jason

remember in 99' when dominos took a dollar of for every touchdown? i think stephen davis lead the league in td's. we put up a bunch of points and dominos lost millions.

If we put up 72 points, would they pay you a dollar or two to eat their pizzas?

God I remember the San Fran game we had where at first they couldn't even cook the pizza's correctly because of all the toppings, then they just game up and had to stop the orders... :laugh:

:laugh: My friend was telling me that Papa John's ran out of toppings near his house. :laugh:

Jacksonville was amazing. I don't even know eight toppings.

You mean San Francisco.

Papa John's is offering the usual get a pizza at a discount and get a free topping for every TD the Redskins score. At this rate, Papa John's is really going to keep their cost under control. :( Seriously, the O needs to pick up the production.
at the rate our O is going they can go back to the original deal of $1.00 off a pizza per touchdown. I remember the year they did that and we were averaging almost 4 tds a game

Anyone remember the old deal back in the late 90s, when Dominoes was the sponsor? Back then, they'd take a dollar off for every touchdown we scored. I remember there was one big game where we scored a ton and all the local Dominoes got killed. I remember driving by one and they had shut down early.

I think Papa Johns got the deal the next year.

Jason

YES! I remember those good ol Domino's days where you could get a Medium pizza for like $2. Those were the days.....PJ's deal sucks so bad in comparison I never even consider taking them up on it. Man up John, put your money where your mouth is, support the Skins and do the dollar off!

Archived