Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good news Bad news Good news Bad news

LVskinsfan

Of course were last we only played a half of game and Boonell has been in for most of the 1/2 of games.

so 2 1/2 games will most likely get you last in the preseason specially when playing 2 top 5 defenses.

I did look at that, we've played the first and third best in preseason and the second everyday in practice. I'm looking forward for it to pay off in the season

Better news:

Our offense is missing Portis, Samuels, and Campbell.

Even more good news,the defense played against the Ravens without Springs or Washington .C.Griffin has hardly played the entire preseason.If this D stays healthy they could be a top 5-8 defense.

I was pretty confident that our defense would be pretty good this year. And also as I thought, I figured the offense would be the big question mark. But as many have stated, we're missing three huge elements on that side of the ball. Lets hope it doesnt take long for them to gel once the regular season begins.

so, which team in the NFL has an offense which plays at 100% without its starting quarterback, left tackle and franchise running back in the lineup? :)

for all the crap Saunders has put up with from the national media about the lack of scoring that point is never mentioned much if at all.

it seems some are of the opinion we are going to start the season with Heyer, Mason and Collins as starters.

Preseason stats mean absolutely nothing, especially team stats.

Good news:

• Our "horrible" offense moved the ball pretty well against the last year's #1 defense....without our starting QB, RB, and LT. Also, it looked like both Moss and Betts only played for the first couple series.
  • Our "#31" defense has allowed one touchdown in 10 full quarters of play.
  • Our D not only got a turnover last night, but SCORED with it!

I just think that the most disturbing fact so far this preseason is that we arent putting points on the board. We are very inconsistent offensively and I hope it improves. We always seem to take the one step forward two steps back approach on O. I know we are mssing talent, and Im sure it will improve....its just disheartening that we seem to average like 10 points every game. Anemic.

I think those stats are skewed because we have played less football then the other teams. Because of the shortened game against the Ravens, the Redskins and Ravens have played 28:00 fewer minutes then the other 30 teams. Naturally, there will be inflated defensive stats and deflated offensive stats for both the Ravens and Redskins.

Notice that the Ravens are 30th overall in total offense and 1st overall in total defense.

I'm surprised nobody else thought of this yet.

Archived