Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI ranks all the NFL owners 1-32

skinsaddict2621

Sadly, this doesn't encompass what really matters- winning. Sure, Bob Kraft is number one. But, Bob McNair and Wayne Huizenga over the Rooney family?

Are you joking?

McNair's team, Houston, has yet to nail down a winning season, and they have already mowed through their first head coach and general manager.

Huizenga is in a constant battle, threatening to move his team out of Miami. It seems that he has put concerns of a new stadium above fielding a competitive team. Oh, and lets not forget last year's mistake of taking Culpepper over Brees, and this year, where the team drafted Ted Ginn Jr. in the top 10, mishandled the Trent Green/Culpepper situation and to top it off, the medical team missed the boat with Joey Porter.

I don't buy this list at all. Jones and Snyder are good owners. They have two of the largest fanbases and have turned huge profits with their teams. Our team is actually one of the best professional sports franchises in the world, profit-wise. But, neither owner have the track record of the Rooney's. The Pats and Steelers should be one-two on this list. The Steelers should not be low in either case, behind those two inept owners I talked about above.

Being a good owner doesn't mean you team is winning all the time. Yes, your owner should facilitate what is needed to make the team a winner, but in the end the winning is up to the players and coaches. In my opinion, Dan does EVERYTHING that HE can to help us win. After that, its up to Gibbs, Saunders, Williams and the team.

Being a good owner doesn't mean you team is winning all the time. Yes, your owner should facilitate what is needed to make the team a winner, but in the end the winning is up to the players and coaches. In my opinion, Dan does EVERYTHING that HE can to help us win. After that, its up to Gibbs, Saunders, Williams and the team.

that would be the sound of hitting the nail on the head mackdaddy

why does the media have a fetish with the patriots. jeez, talk about over emphasizing an off-season free agent spree when it has yet to prove anything.

"Kraft's reaction? The Pats went out and beefed up their roster with one of the most aggressive and productive offseasons in NFL history, including a marquee signing (do-everything linebacker Adalius Thomas) and the acquisition of four receivers capable of having a big impact: Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington. Best of all, New England pulled it off without screwing up its cap-savvy salary structure -- and somehow came away with an extra first-round pick in the '08 draft."

give me a break, one of the best off-seasons in NFL History? lay off the coke

why does the media have a fetish with the patriots. jeez, talk about over emphasizing an off-season free agent spree when it has yet to prove anything.

"Kraft's reaction? The Pats went out and beefed up their roster with one of the most aggressive and productive offseasons in NFL history, including a marquee signing (do-everything linebacker Adalius Thomas) and the acquisition of four receivers capable of having a big impact: Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington. Best of all, New England pulled it off without screwing up its cap-savvy salary structure -- and somehow came away with an extra first-round pick in the '08 draft."

give me a break, one of the best off-seasons in NFL History? lay off the coke

Actually he (Thomas) was perceived as the best free agent linebacker available and coming out with a first round pick back and a talent of that magnitude is worthy of praise all by itself. What the rest of the Pats crop of "talent" does remains to be seen but to get the potential upgrades they have and not giving up too much is something our FO has dreams about. Or they should do at least.

HOWEVER - giving that credit to Bob Kraft is BS in my opinion, Scott Pioli is the one who oversees that side of things as far as I know and hes not an owner. I think this is just SI writing an article to lavish praise on NE and Dullass personally.

First of all -- and this is an entire column topic for the future -- can we all raise our hands and agree that the switch from Paul Tagliabue to Roger Goodell has been one of the better things to happen to the league in recent memory? Most owners and league insiders would endorse that statement, and Kraft has long been one of the new commissioner's most trusted advisors on big-picture matters ranging from television to labor negotiations.

Ummm...no.

S.I. couldn't be any more of a joke if they tried.

Snyder is the 5th best owner because he tries to be successful and he rakes in a lot of cash? That's the criteria for being a great owner? Arrrrggggh. How about a few wins at home for the rabid fan base? Nah, that's un-important.

Archived