Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is a great -- breakdown of the o-line's perfomance

Hooper

Hmmm...these stats seem to imply that the "Left Side Experiment" is not over. Both Heyer and Wade did well in run blocking. Heyer missed on a couple blitzes, but other than that, did fairly well at pass-blocking. He picks up that blitz, and we're all applauding our diamond in the rough instead of calling for his head. :)

EDIT: Not to mention, the SS blitz is hard for anyone to pick up. Dallas has been killing us with it for years (Roy Boy).

Whoever did this is a chump. "Cooley kinda' sucks at blocking..."????? Chump, and he got a handful of things right and that's it. I sat and watched all of our 6 drives in the first half in HD slow mo and what I gathered (and all anyone needs to know) was that Wade is not the answer (right now at least) at LG and Jansen looks like **** and shouldn't as an experienced Vet (hopefully just a bad night). Anything other than that was not enough of a sore spot to mention. Whoever did this analysis is a chump if only b/c he said something stupid about Cooley ;) :2cents:

HTTR

I hope the coaches let Jansen have it after film, from all I've been hearing, Jansen really ****ed up Saturday night. This offense better not stall because he can't get it together......we know he can pummel guys, I don't think he's overrated, he just needs to step up.

Does anyone think Jansen's trying to gain his weight back now? I wasn't really paying attention to him during the game as I was looking at the opposite side of the line. Is he just getting out muscled?

And I disagree with the person saying Wade isn't ready yet. If you mean he shouldn't be the starter during the regular season. I think he did look a little awkward at times, which might have had something to do with his height and just getting adjusted to the game. He did manhandle the defender at times though, and I think the more he plays in the preseason the better off we'll be.

I think the mistake on the first blitz was Jason's, for not checking his backside before the play. He should have seen the uncovered player about to blitz him.

He'll learn.

Jason admitted to it so yeah.

And Stephon Heyer looked really good in that Titans game. I watched him on every offensive play. More times than not, he's still at the line of scrimmage blocking while everyone else was pushed back a yard or more, still trying to protect Campbell.

EDIT: Not to mention, the SS blitz is hard for anyone to pick up. Dallas has been killing us with it for years (Roy Boy).

True, Dallas has even killed us with it when it's coming from the left side and Brunell is in the lineup.

In the first Cowboys game in 2005, right before Brunell ran for 25 yards on 3rd and 27, RW blitzed from the left side and Brunell didn't see it and got sacked. Interestingly enough, though, Thrash was supposed to be on the left side of the line at the time of the snap, but he was right between Thomas and Jansen when the ball was snapped...you could see that it caught him off guard and he just started blocking "whoever" while trying not to get crushed...and RW just came through untouched and sacked Brunell for like a 15 yard loss. Two plays later on 4th down, RW blitzed from the exact same area, but this time Thrash made it over to the lefthand side...and Brunell lobbed one over RW's head and connected with a wide open Thrash for 20 yards. I think that was how the earlier play was supposed to be executed, if Thrash had made it to the other side of the line in time.

is that because he is a *ussy when it comes to the tiugh stuff or cuz he had a bad night?

Where do you get that he's a ***** for the tough stuff? He was voted hardest hitter by his teammates two years straight at Utah State. It routinely takes 2 or 3 guys to bring him down, sometimes even more.

Some of you guys are unreal with your pessimism. :doh:

What we should do is give up on the Wade at LG experiment and move him back to RT, where he played his best football for us last year. I hate to say it, but Jansen's best days are way, way behind him. Given there is no guard left of quality on the free agent market, all that's left to us is to swing a trade for someone like an Alan Faneca. We might have to give up a lot for him, but if we can't protect JC, we will not go very far this season at all.

Archived