Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I will say it now....We are gonna miss the hell out of Dockery

scottlo34

Newsflash:

Dockery was BY FAR the worst O lineman we had last year. Considering we had had the longest cohesive O line in the league through last year, losing only one, and the worst one, to free agency is not that big a deal.

Dock was good for a false start or a hold every single game. C'mon.. some people act like he was Russ Grimm.

Dockery didn't want to work out a deal before last season and the 'Skins and, frankly, nothing he showed was worth keeping him.

King Belly Flop had a total of one half of one decent season and that was near the end of '06. He looked worse than ever in Buffalo's first preseason game.

I just don't understand why it was so hard for some to understand or to see just how bad and clumsy Doc really was.

A lot of peole here seem to take whatever success that our o-line was having at any given time and gave a lot of individual praise where it just wasn't due.

The bottomline IMO is, a 0-line can have success even with a weak/bad link.

BTW, the o-line can form chemistry with that weak link also.

"King Belly Flop," :laugh: that's friggin hilarious.

We won't miss him as much now that we got kendall.

Agreed. According to ESPN scouting, we ended up better in the end:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting?position=73

Guards

RANK PLAYER GRADE

1 Alan Faneca 91

2 Brian Waters 87

3 Steve Hutchinson 87

4 Mike Wahle 84

5 Eric Steinbach 79

25 Pete Kendall 70

36 Derrick Dockery 68

#5 OVERALL GUARD IS A 79 AND WE ENDED UP WITH A GRADE 70, NOT TO BAD IMO.

We made out like bandits! LG will be solid in a month and look at the cap savings!
Fixed it for you...;)

Guards

RANK PLAYER GRADE

1 Alan Faneca 91

2 Brian Waters 87

3 Steve Hutchinson 87

4 Mike Wahle 84

5 Eric Steinbach 79

25 Pete Kendall 70

36 Derrick Dockery 68

Where was Randy Thomas on that list?

Guards

RANK PLAYER GRADE

1 Alan Faneca 91

2 Brian Waters 87

3 Steve Hutchinson 87

4 Mike Wahle 84

5 Eric Steinbach 79

25 Pete Kendall 70

36 Derrick Dockery 68

I like how we love ESPN when they say what we want to hear and hate em when they don't. Not saying this isn't true, just that its funny how people on this board will "Boycott ESPN" then say "According to ESPN we did the right thing blah blah".

I like how we love ESPN when they say what we want to hear and hate em when they don't. Not saying this isn't true, just that its funny how people on this board will "Boycott ESPN" then say "According to ESPN we did the right thing blah blah".
Yup its just a love hate relationship we have, we love them when they give us props but hate there guts when they talk **** about us. Oh well...

Well, this is 2007 and there aren't many teams that are able to retain their "home grown" talent. With FA, everyone is on the move except the super, superstars like Manning, Brady and Tomlinson.

Hell, Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper are on their 3rd teams. Edge is on his second. Trent Green is on his 3rd. That's the nature of the beast in today's NFL.

You keep some and you lose some.

we went 5-11 with Dockery having his best season in the NFL in 2006.

it is important to get solid play inside at OC and OG spots, but you don't need to pay a guy $50M to come in and man these positions to compete and contend.

Kendall is an upgrade in the passing game as a protector for Campbell. We give up some size and strength at the point of attack in the run game.

Overall, I don't see the loss of Dockery or his retention as being a key to winning or losing in 2007.

We will see how much better the Bills are for spending a fortune on a player who has never made the pro bowl or an all-pro team.

So far Marv Levy has not impressed me that much as the Bills de facto GM.

As long as Samuels comes back and plays well we should be good. Without him and Dockery replaced by Kendall our running game could be much less effective this year.
Doc may gave been a decent in-line run blocker but he was crap as a pulling guard and a below average pass blocker. We didn't give up much with him.

Doc may gave been a decent in-line run blocker but he was crap as a pulling guard and a below average pass blocker. We didn't give up much with him.

DD was a horrible lead blocker, he had no second gear, R Thomas comes around the corner and takes people out

Granted it was one preseason game. Granted Samuels was out. I just got a bad feeling that as the season progresses ladies and gents, having Dockery still here along with a healthy CP, our running game would have been absolutely lights out. Yes, I know we couldn't afford him. In fact, we have to hope beyond hope that the O-line stays healthy this year and that Wade can play the guard position or it could be real trouble running the ball this year. I had a sneaky feeling that the defense was gonna be horrible last year, in fact I can dig it up on one of my posts to verify it. I got the same strange feeling about the O-Line....We are gonna miss Dockery badly....comments? :logo:

[

What get's me is how everyone was saying how Dockery was the weak link on our o-line last year, now that he's gone were going to miss him. If we paid him the money 90% of you would still complain, oh we paid him too much he's not worth it. He's with the Bills now and all of you are about to lose your minds what is it with most fans you're not happy when we have them here and cry like girls when their gone, make-up your minds please! If most of the current players we have now read the posts in ES they would not want to play for the skins. Don't get me wrong I only questioning peoples loyalty, because if a player gets injured the first thing that's said is trade him or they're injury prone, then some will say were fans of the team and not the player well the players are the ones who make-up the team without them it would be empty jerseys on a field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the addition of Pete Kendall I think that our o-line will be fine and there is no point in wishing we still had dock because there really was no way to keep him. I think a savy vet who has started more than 100 games in his career will more than make up for the loss of dock. Plus with this addition we can now move Wade back to a backup tackle role where he should be more comfortable.

My comment is; You are a idiot. What did you mean "I will say it now....We are gonna miss the hell out of Dockery". Way to go out on a limb. Hey do you think the God Father is a good movie. Look if you were going to "say it" and make it sound like nobody else knew the skins would miss Dockery. At least say it in March not late August after 2 pre-season games. I will say it now; The Germans will regret starting WWII.

Why?

He's right.

Say what you will about Rod Gardner, but we have not had a #2 receiver close to his production since he left. Hell even as a #1, only Santana's 2005 record setting season and Coles' 03 campaign beats Rod Gardner's 2002 season as the primary receiver this decade so far.

Bring back 50/50 :laugh:

I wasn't a big fan of Dockery. He seemed to be getting better at the end. However, he took the big-bucks and shuffled off to ... upstate NY.

I don't think he was worth what Buffalo paid for him, and he certainly wasn't a franchise player. Still, by waiting too long, the Redskins allowed Dockery to go free agent and gauge his market value. Maybe the Skins weren't interested in keeping Dockery, or they didn't expect the market price for starting guards to jump through the roof this off-season.

We were lucky to pick up Kendall. Hopefully the Skins will take advantage of the two-year reprieve Kendall gives them and draft a another good guard to keep. Then, if that home-grown guard pans out -- let's sign him to a long-term contract and keep him off the market.

I think if Dockery had played in 2005 the way he played in 2006 the Redskins would have made a stronger attempt to resign him. By all accounts his performance in his contract year was significantly better than in 2004 or 2005.

Let's not lose sight of the truth here. Dockery was strong at the point of attack at 6'6 and 340. But he did have some glaring holes in his game. He was not strong in pass protection and he was too slow to pull effectively.

He was worth a $8-$9M bonus but not what Buffalo paid him.

The Bills with Marv Levy as the GM have no record of success, so I don't look at this move the same way I would if the Patriots had made it.

Buffalo has made a number of personnel mistakes in recent years and their record hasn't been playoff caliber.

Archived