Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I will say it now....We are gonna miss the hell out of Dockery

scottlo34

Granted it was one preseason game. Granted Samuels was out. I just got a bad feeling that as the season progresses ladies and gents, having Dockery still here along with a healthy CP, our running game would have been absolutely lights out. Yes, I know we couldn't afford him. In fact, we have to hope beyond hope that the O-line stays healthy this year and that Wade can play the guard position or it could be real trouble running the ball this year. I had a sneaky feeling that the defense was gonna be horrible last year, in fact I can dig it up on one of my posts to verify it. I got the same strange feeling about the O-Line....We are gonna miss Dockery badly....comments? :logo:

I won't miss Doc and his (what) 4 Million a year contract. Bills overpaid for him.

48 million reasons why I won't miss False Start.

hahahahahahahaha.

people are so quick to jump ship because we have a rookie LT and we got beat by a good DL in the Titans. ITS THE FIRST GAME OF THE PRESEASON!! Let it go yall, it isnt that big of a deal yet. If it continues to happen then we should panic, but Samuels is scheduled to be back soon enough and he will sure up that side.

OK...you did see him in the Bills PRESEASON game right?

if you are going to judge the worth of a player on 1 PRESEASON game...They well overpaid Dock.

They overpaid 3/5 of that starting O-Line, but Hickory Dickory Dockery particularly stunk it up.

This is the way of FA in the NFL. Fact is, when you have a lot of money tied up in a position, it is hard to justify spending a ton of money on a guy who is probably the weakest of the bunch. You aren't able to keep everyone, and Dock wasn't so good that he was indispensable.

Decent guards aren't THAT hard to find. We'll be alright.

Jason

Dockery was the weakest link on the line. There is no difference between Dock and Wade. He maybe a bit older but he has more experience. IF your going to say something Like this prove it. I saw the bills play and that line was not impressive.

:doh:

Here's what a Guard looks like who doesn't deserve to be the highest paid

http://shsdemo.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6417&team=2

Here's what a big money Guard looks like

http://shsdemo.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=4707&team=28

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to miss the false starts, the whiffs in the run game, and the babysitting Samuels had to do in pass pro. Dock is solid but he's no Randy Thomas. I guess there is bad and worse, so if you're saying we're going to miss him b/c he was better than the options we have now than I would agree at this point. He's young and will certainly be good for the Bills but he's no stud at this point in his career. :2cents:

HTTR

The mistake was not locking Dockery up prior to his contract year.

That was it. That's what bothers me about the Dockery situation, bottom line.

The 'Skins signed him as a RFA last year. He was uninterested in pursuing a further extension until after '06, but no one wanted him as a RFA, so we kept him here. How is that the Redskins' fault? By not overpaying him as Buffalo did?

Anyone who watched him Friday night knows the answer to that question. The guy was putrid. Good thing Losman can run, but the announcers were gushing more on how "athletic" Losman was and not how bad his blind-side protection was.

I say bring in Alan Faneca from the steelers and place wade as back up, Samuels will come back. Faneca hates the steelers why not trade for him for a second round pick. The skins gave the falcons a third round pick for duckett for god sack.

I say bring in Alan Faneca from the steelers and place wade as back up' date=' Samuels will come back. Faneca hates the steelers why not trade for him for a second round pick. The skins gave the falcons a third round pick for duckett for god sack.[/quote']

Tight monkey.

it's easy for the homers to say "hey, look at the money dock got. be glad we didn't overpay."

i say two things to that:

1. we could have locked him up for less than 1/2 that money had we signed him before his rookie deal expired. one day, we'll learn that lesson. remember, not only did he get more money because he was allowed to taste the open market like pierce and smoot before him, but also due to the huge bump in the salary cap.

2. yes, he is overpaid. why do we overpay for other teams players?

:applause: Spot on. We shpuld have lock him up early.

Did anyone watch the Buffalo game? They got sacked 3 times.

LoL.....yeah, and we got sacked five times with an anemic running game to go with it. Funny how Dockery stunk with Buffalo, but when it comes to the Redskins, the cries heard around here is "it's just one preseason game...takes time for chemistry to develop....it will get better"....blah blah blah....Redskins fans are great.....in our eyes it's different rules for them and not us...Gotta love the homerism...you guys are great and comical...our excuses are in midseason form already!! By george I think we are ready now!!!!

Congrats there Miss Cleo!!

You already said it... We couldn't afford to keep him at the price that he was commanding. Its not that we're gonna miss resigning him, its that if we falter, its because we didn't replace him correctly.

Aside form that though, this major breakthrough of yours could have been announced in any of the other threads discussing Dockery or the O line.

Good luck with that magic 8 ball.

....and there is the famous retort around here....basically what you are saying is I don't want to hear the truth so take it somewhere else...unfortuneately I think most of the organization is much the same way...what we don't want to know will eventually kill us....funny

....and there is the famous retort around here....basically what you are saying is I don't want to hear the truth so take it somewhere else...unfortuneately I think most of the organization is much the same way...what we don't want to know will eventually kill us....funny

Somehow, I don't think you know the complete truth either. I doubt anyone here knows everything about the negotiations and what the Redskins tried to do to keep him.

What is true is that while Dock has gotten better as a player while he's been here, he is nowhere near the level he's getting paid at right now. What we had heard as far as offers seemed reasonable to most of us based on his historical production. He is not better than Randy Thomas, and may never reach that level.

Jason

Somehow, I don't think you know the complete truth either. I doubt anyone here knows everything about the negotiations and what the Redskins tried to do to keep him.

What is true is that while Dock has gotten better as a player while he's been here, he is nowhere near the level he's getting paid at right now. What we had heard as far as offers seemed reasonable to most of us based on his historical production. He is not better than Randy Thomas, and may never reach that level.

Jason

As far as the talent level compared to Thomas is probably right, but unfortuneately and you can mark it down now, Dockery doesn't have the health issues that Thomas has and I guarantee you that Thomas is going to miss some time this year. Randy Thomas is one banged up O-Lineman already and it isn't even preseason game #2.

I say bring in Alan Faneca from the steelers and place wade as back up' date=' Samuels will come back. Faneca hates the steelers why not trade for him for a second round pick. The skins gave the falcons a third round pick for duckett for god sack.[/quote']

god sack? :doh:

:laugh: sorry i just had to do it.

Archived