Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How you feel about your last name, your wife, and your children?

Leonard Washington

Your last sentence says it all.

It is all personal. No right or wrong. Each situation has merit......and each person will find what is right for them.

You did say "why dont they love them enough to take the other's last name". One COULD say...."you fell in love with me with WHATEVER as my last name...why do I have to change it?

It is all personal.

Well, I'm glad we agree on something. :silly:

Damnit, Die Hard. You're no friggin' help at all. I just called my wife and told her I'd be willing to come back for an autographed Theismann jersey, two cases of Coors Light and tickets to the Dolphins game.

***** hung up on me.

What's your leverage (what is she getting in return)?

You?! :laugh: You gotta have something she wants! :silly:

Damnit, Die Hard. You're no friggin' help at all. I just called my wife and told her I'd be willing to come back for an autographed Theismann jersey, two cases of Coors Light and tickets to the Dolphins game.

***** hung up on me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

notice DH didn't disclose the terms of his baby early agreement ;)

Hey there's another aspect to this besides "my wife won't give the kids my last name" Suppose the kids where your daughters children and she still had your name? I had this very discussion with my son about what happens if he only has daughters? :laugh:. Of course he could always do the King B02002.JPGHenry the VII thing :silly:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

notice DH didn't disclose the terms of his baby early agreement ;)

Big screen TV.... and a leather couch :) I got the big screen TV.... we didn't have enough cash for the couch at the time. But I remind her every month that as soon as I'm working again and we have some cash.... I don't want any hassle about it.

Now, the terms of an agreement I WON'T share.... are the details from our arrangement where I don't tell our son there is no Santa Claus. Some things are private :) But if you think that's silly.... just check my older posts for my reasoning about not lying to my son. I'm actually pretty serious about it. It is a huge compromise of my principles.... but the offer was too good :laugh: And part of the agreement is I'm not going to perpetuate the lie... I'm just going to avoid the topic altogether.

SO is going to legally take my name when we get married in December. She is still going to use her maiden name in her professional capacity. Normally, I would say no name, no marriage. I have not an ounce of doubt I would walk if any other woman refused. In her case however, it is my fault that I missed out on the Mrs. Learned Hand, DVM

I was the one that broke up with her when she was in vet school. During her vet school years, she kept reminding me that I needed to go ahead and marry her before they handed her the DVM, if I wanted her to use my name professionally.

I was an idiot, broke of the relationship because I missed bachelorhood, and by the time I came to my senses, she had graduated and built a very nice practice using her name.

I am not being a *****. I dont understand the "I AM MAN....LET ME THUMP MY CHEST TO SHOW YOU" attitude that are in some of these answers.

Are you guys serious?

Why does it matter if the wife takes the name or not?

Really.

Kids last name.........should be discussed.....and as an educator......the dads last name makes more sense.

But....WHY must the wife take the husband's name?

I have 3 degrees....all of my professional written works are in my name. Should I decide to marry I will keep my name. No reflection on the man......if I marry I will love him but why does keeping my last name now make a difference?

I am looking for logical rational conversation. Not the testosterone.....I AM MAN. I WILL BACK SLAP THE ***** conversation.

Will you expect an engagement ring?

How about a wedding with the normal trappings associated with such an event?

Most women get an engagement ring because they want a symbol of their love "that will last forever."

They get a wedding where they get to play princess for the day and most likely are going to get the final say on anything regarding "their day."

If she would be happy with a cigar band and a kegger headlined by a Who tribute band, then we need not discuss the name issue.

Otherwise, she is taking my f'ing name.

I have no issue with a woman keeping her name. She can do whatever she wants, she's not my property.

I think the kids naming is the bigger issue. Now this guy is going to look like pedophile #1 when he tries to pick up his kids from school early. :doh: I'm assuming her issue is like HH's and she's not just being a *****. She definitely needs to talk to her husband more, this guy was in sad shape.

I have no issue with a woman keeping her name. She can do whatever she wants, she's not my property.

I think the kids naming is the bigger issue.

I pretty much agree with this. A wife not taking the man's name is one thing. If the people getting married are ok with that arrangement I sure don't care ... but the woman not even wanting to include the father's name in a hyphenated surname? Something's not right there, especially if the father doesn't like it. Sounds like the wife has some real screwed up priorities.

Oh, and Tony, you suck. :)

Will you expect an engagement ring?

How about a wedding with the normal trappings associated with such an event?

Most women get an engagement ring because they want a symbol of their love "that will last forever."

They get a wedding where they get to play princess for the day and most likely are going to get the final say on anything regarding "their day."

If she would be happy with a cigar band and a kegger headlined by a Who tribute band, then we need not discuss the name issue.

Otherwise, she is taking my f'ing name.

Being married, for me, is NOT a deal breaker.

If I love someone, and I think we can make a life...I would live with someone.

Engagement ring? Naww.

New plama TV for both of us to enjoy.

If you love me and I love you, name or not, is not a big deal.

Being married, for me, is NOT a deal breaker.

If I love someone, and I think we can make a life...I would live with someone.

Engagement ring? Naww.

New plama TV for both of us to enjoy.

If you love me and I love you, name or not, is not a big deal.

:applause:

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

so to recap, we've got your name for a ring- fairly conventional

A big screen tv for a child- that quite different

and sexual favors for santa claus- damn DH will you be my agent? :silly:

Yeah, I've got some pretty decent negotiation skills. Works in the board game Risk. Works in FFL too :)

I just can't stand people who don't listen to me when I tell them what's good for them :laugh:

Actually, I've learned the craft of argument through ExtremeSkins over the years. It's helped a lot :)

To be quite honest this is exactly why pre-marital counseling is important, all of these questions can be asked and talked about. I really do feel for the guy, but this is the type of stuff you have to know going into a marriage, not the stuff you figure out when you receive your first-born.

Archived