Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we make FedEx LOUDER this year 12th Man?

Walking Deadman

Here's what needs to be done....

Stop selling so many tickets to visiting team's fans. They're the virus in the stadium that steals our home field advantage. Especially the case with Philthy Eggles fans.

Sell out the stadium to Redskins fans and All those Redskins fans show up.... AND be loud and proud. Get into the game knowing that the noise you make CAN AND WILL make a difference and help the Redskins defense out. We've seen this especially with the Chicago Bears when the 12th man's cheers were so loud it caused Chicago to have 3-4 strait false starts. Same 2 seasons ago on Sunday Night Football against the Eagles.

Pump you section up. Be a cheeleader for your individual section and get everyone to rally and cheer for the team. Hype them up. As long as every one acts casual sitting on thier hands and not being passionate at all about the game at hand or the Redskins, we will never have home field advantage. It takes a total team effort BY THE FANS to give the Redskins football team home field effort. Get everyone excited.

And then there is the team's part to play hard and get the fans excited about their play. The sad truth is that many Redskins fans havn't had much to cheer about in the last 10 years so many have all become pessamistic. That needs to change and they need to start believing good things can happen. They need to start believing no matter what happens that the Redskins have the will, and the talent, to win. If the fans start thinking with an optimistic mindset and throw away that old "woe is me" attitude then you will start to see more fans getting into it, being louder, and cheering the Redskins to victory by providing them homefield advantage.

And this is VERY important. I really hope all fans consider this topic.

They've been doing that for years, though. They were booing Theismann when he'd go 3 and out and that was the game when he broke his leg!

Yeah and it pissed me off when they did that to Heath his rookie year too, even after he showed some talent against the Giants by almost bringing the team back. Then of coarse they did it to Rich Gannon... NO WONDER CHAMP BAILY LEFT!

Our fans must really suck to be booing like that so easily. The only positive I can remember is when Darrell Green went down the year he was supposed to retire and then everybody went silent, then as soon as he got up everybody cheered him on with love. It was directly after that, that he decided to come back and play one more year.

But our fans really need to get their heads straitened out about these types of things. Positivity is more productive than beating someone down with criticism and pessamism. Build them up and they'll do special things like become a champion, but beat them down and they'll wimper like a scolded dog with it's tale tucked between it's legs.

The generation of Skins fans that had tickets at RFK are now older and not as into it as alot of people are now a days, yea yea i know then give them up

to people that will make noise. But if you look around in the stadium, there are alot of older people in the seats. Our bad record/play doesnt halp the cause either. My :2cents:

no fairweather fans who start booing after the offense has its 2nd 3 and out... :)

bingo.

or the idiots booing when Brunell has one incompletion. or the people who dont get up on 3rd down...MAKE THEM GET UP.

I have come to the conclusion that Skins fans are 90% fairweather, they arent there to support their team from a 12th man perspective as they are to watch a football game. I really think as fans its our job to make noise when we're there, not everyone agrees, and there is nothing we can do about it except be "that guy" that yells at everyone to get up and make noise when the game is on the line and its 3rd down and Randy Redskins fan is sitting down chewing on his last chicken tender.

If they win, the crowd will be rowdier Im sure. Thats unfortunate, but thats the reality of it. People really understimate how much a crowd can sway a game.

I agree about the visiting fans comment. I know that their money goes to the redskins, but come on. I would rather have fans that care about our team in the stadium. Also, it might help that on third down that people stand up and make a HECK OF A LOT OF NOISE! It drives me crazy to see people sitting down during a key play on third down that might get the redskins D off the field.

i have this exact experience every game...

the 1st 3rd down for the opposing team i get up and start cheering, no1 else in my section is standing (most arent even in their seats) and someone behind me tells me to sit down or he'll get the usher....i think the key is for a group of 5 or 6 in the front row to get up, then people will have to get up to see

I can't tell you how many catatonic people I saw in the stands last year, my tix were in 118 row 7.

Last year, I bought a friend's tickets who was thinking of not renewing: Sec 118, Row 3 on the aisle. (he re-upped this year - dang)

Anyway, we had the same problem right behind us ... I almost always wanted to be the first one up for a defensive 3rd down and I got the criticism. Granted, there were times when we did stand but I tried to be mindful of the people behind me. It really shouldn't take thought here: get loud on 3rd down.

Someone mentioned the Jags game ... last year's Dallas game, people started leaving when Dallas was getting set to kick the apparent game winning field goal. Then came "The Block" ... and when we got the game winner with no time left, I can tell you that it was LOUD.

As far as making things better ...

1. As much as others might hate the idea, we need to bring back "Rock and Roll, Part 2" so we can chant, "YOU S**K !!!". Those home games against Dallas and New York were AWESOME as we put up five touchdowns in each game ... and, yes, it did get loud.
  2. Get rid of all the "canned" stuff ... both between series and prior to the game. If you need some loudmouth yelling into a microphone to bring you to life, give up the tickets and stay home.
  3. Let the fans generate the excitement. If the division comes down to us and the Cowgirls on the final Sunday at home, I'd gladly get there an hour early as long as they get rid of all the pre-game stuff so that 92,000 fans can chant "WE WANT DALLAS !!! WE WANT DALLAS !!!" for an hour leading up to kickoff. This was what helped give RFK its advantage.

I'm sure there is more but this would be my wish list. :cool:

:cheers:

Archived