Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we make FedEx LOUDER this year 12th Man?

Walking Deadman

As you all know by now (see the sig.) I'm all about the fans at the game representing the 12th Man. I mean growing up watching the Skins play, you saw the RFK days and the fans did make an impact and opposing teams didn't want to play us at home b/c the fans were so damn loud they couldn't think, not to mention hear the snap count.

I want us to be that type of fan base again. I know by being here we still have those fans.

I know, I know you might be thinking "Well, Deadman it would help if the team could actually win, or score a touchdown or stop a friggin' run." True, but I still think we can do our part to represent the 12th Man and it's a new season so get the losing mentality outta here (at least for now you crazy "realists" ;):) ).

I guess my question is does anybody have any ideas on how to make this happen outside of myself or some other poster trying to do pep-rallys here with fire-up threads?

Is there any way to challenge the fellow ESers in the upper bowls, lower bowls, OVC, and club seats without this being some competition (I mean we're united to root for the Skins--UNITY). I know I was trying to push for 5 false starts that the 12th Man could generate with noise last year........

I felt sick last year when I felt that noise was being pumped in b/c the crowd was dead.

So if anybody has some ideas post 'em here (matter of fact with 2 preseason games at home maybe we can see if they work before Miami)

Thanks for your time

-WD

HTTR

How about some Skins flags or tri-color banners with Skins colors in the lower bowl. I'm not talking little flags, I'm talking banners that span 3-4 rows and about 20 seats. After a TD, or a commercial break, wave those things like mad!

We all know the lower bowl owns the stadium. Too bad the days are gone of the deisel horn.

I don't think the problem is with the 12th man, okay maybe a few :doh: , but the main problem is with the design of the stadium.

RFK had a canopy that would protrude over the upper level, deflecting sound towards the field. Therefore the noise level would literally be right on the top of the field. Plus, the upper level was closer to the field.

FedEx field spans outward, away from the field, therefore the noise level would have to travel farther and would be lost, and the last time I checked, there was no canopy construction over the upper level this off season.

I always represent the 12th man and leave the stadium with no voice. I bleed Burgundy and Gold, therefore it is in me to cheer and yell for my team. Otherwise, I might as well sit at home.

Hail!! :logo:

Good luck. I got a lot of complaints last year for actually being excited about the games last year... mostly from the same old man four rows behind me and that one douche that was occasionally with him who tried to throw stuff at us.

**** that, if anything they needed stuff thrown at them for being prudes with their heads up their asses.

If you can't take fans screaming and getting into the game you should watch it at home.

If you aren't there at the player introductions, you forfeit your tickets to a real fan (same deal for leaving early)....unless "Skins are down by 17+ points, with under 10 mins remaining in the 4th, and the other team makes a first down. (otherwise my dad would leave us...he had the keys!).

One game I saw 4 people leave section 123 with 10 mins to go in a close game. I guess they something important to go to?

I can't tell you how many catatonic people I saw in the stands last year, my tix were in 118 row 7. Lots of people also that were more concerned with going for smoke breaks or criticizing every play call. This year I came off the list so I'm moving wayyyy up to 425 row 26, so I'm yelling in the downward direction. As a few mentioned, the stadium just isn't conducive for noise reflection. People just need to be loud and not sell tix to fans of opposing teams. Also, I agree that those who complain about real fans standing and yelling ought to just go the f*** home and watch the boob tube.

Less fakers and more die hards and the place would be slammin'. I'm all about being polite to other fans, but I'm just as quick to tell a fake ass fan to get with the program or shut the f' up if they start complaining about people standing up on crucial downs. There are lots of powder puffers in the Club L but I'm trying to change that :D God I hope we don't have to continue to pump noise through the loud speakers. That's embarrassing :doh:

HTTR

As you all know by now (see the sig.) I'm all about the fans at the game representing the 12th Man. I mean growing up watching the Skins play, you saw the RFK days and the fans did make an impact and opposing teams didn't want to play us at home b/c the fans were so damn loud they couldn't think, not to mention hear the snap count.

I want us to be that type of fan base again. I know by being here we still have those fans.

I know, I know you might be thinking "Well, Deadman it would help if the team could actually win, or score a touchdown or stop a friggin' run." True, but I still think we can do our part to represent the 12th Man and it's a new season so get the losing mentality outta here (at least for now you crazy "realists" ;):) ).

I guess my question is does anybody have any ideas on how to make this happen outside of myself or some other poster trying to do pep-rallys here with fire-up threads?

Is there any way to challenge the fellow ESers in the upper bowls, lower bowls, OVC, and club seats without this being some competition (I mean we're united to root for the Skins--UNITY). I know I was trying to push for 5 false starts that the 12th Man could generate with noise last year........

I felt sick last year when I felt that noise was being pumped in b/c the crowd was dead.

So if anybody has some ideas post 'em here (matter of fact with 2 preseason games at home maybe we can see if they work before Miami)

Thanks for your time

-WD

HTTR

When the teams play is poor and disappointing, the fans attention becomes poor. When you're at FedEx lately, you'll notice most of the fans being involved in other activities thriughout the stadium rather than being in their seats cheering on the team and making a lot of noise when the opponent is on offense.

A poor team will lessen the enthusiam and break down their willingness to participate.

When you see the improvement in the team, you will see the improvement of the fans and when that occurs, you will hear a "LOT OF NOISE AND CHEERS" :mad:

Well, I went to the Jags game and im pretty sure that was loud. I know its not an real stat, but we gave them at least 4 false starts.

But, Some people actually left in the 4th quarter when we were up by 10. Some people left once it went to OT mainly because of traffic..What the ****

One of my friends was a cowboys fan who went to the jags game and he said he and his skins family left early because they hate traffic. Seriously, why would people do that? Of course, they have season tickets!!!

One of my real pet peeves is lame, fair weather fans who come to the games. Or even worse, people who come to the games who aren't fans at all. These are the same people who show up late, leave early, miss half the time they actually are there getting food and drinks and of course yell at you to sit down and be quiet when you are being loud or enthusiastic. The NFL is of course a business and will do what makes it the most money, but it would be nice if we could pack Fed Ex with more die hard fans.

I know how to get fedex louder, crank up the speakers playing the bogus crowd noise.

Or win. Winning is good.

I usually go home with a hoarse voice from any sporting event (after the Rutgers win over Louisville I lost my voice for a good hour), but unless you have a cattle prod you're not going to motivate those numerous wastes of seats.

Or win. Winning is good.

Exactly, if we play well, it will be loud. Not RFK loud, but loud enough.

Think back to 2005, there were three games where I think is was exceptionally loud, and it was great.

1. The season opener against the Bears. The Bears O-line could not hear the snap count, leading to a few key penalties that helped us seal that game.

2. The Cowboys game. It will always be loud for them, but as we hammered tham, FedEx was shaking. It was like a massive party, and it was amazing.

3. The Giants game. It was very similar to the Cowboys game. We played well, FedEx was rocking, and it was a great time.

There was really not much of that last year, mostly because we were not winning. It was a great atmosphere near the end of the Jaguars game, but that was about it.

In conclusion, win and it will be loud. A lot of other things will fall in place from there. I will be loud either way, but it is always a bonus to be loud and go home with a W.

Archived