Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 Defensive Players Under 25

miked1612

If you were to put Sean Taylor on the Ravens...or the Bears...you would then witness historic and absolute supremacy. Everyone around him on our squad needs to step up...and fulfill his destiny. His talents are unmatched...and Gibbs...IF YOU READ THIS...

START USING TAYLOR IN THE RED ZONE FOR JUMP BALLS / FADES / AND THE VERTICAL ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have found me out. I will start drawing up the necessary plays at once!

;)

I am sorry, but putting Merriman at 1 and ST at 2 is utter BS.

Fact is up to this point these two are building cemetaries in their closet. If you think the subpar play of our secondary last year had nothing to do with STs off the field distractions you are decieving yourself. If you put a guy on steroids at number one you are a jack ###.

Neither should have made the top 5 until they are able to demonstrate personal responsibility off the field for a couple seasons because their antics off the field affects their impact on the field.

ST can be a great player, but he has to keep his head on straight and that will be his biggest challenge, not some punk puke wrs.

Fact is up to this point these two are building cemetaries in their closet. If you think the subpar play of our secondary last year had nothing to do with STs off the field distractions you are decieving yourself. If you put a guy on steroids at number one you are a jack ###.

Neither should have made the top 5 until they are able to demonstrate personal responsibility off the field for a couple seasons because their antics off the field affects their impact on the field.

ST can be a great player, but he has to keep his head on straight and that will be his biggest challenge, not some punk puke wrs.

Um...Taylor was completely clear of any charges by last May or June I believe...and he didn't get in any trouble throughout the season last year. I don't think any of his old off the field incidents had a single thing to do with our secondary sucking last year, I don't know where you'd get that idea from.

The defensive line never getting pressure, sure. Springs being hurt, sure. Guys like Wright and Rumph starting at corner, sure. Archuleta sucking in a poor man's Cover 2 style coverage, sure. But BS gun charges that were already cleared up and eliminated? I don't see the connection.

After he was suspended, Merrimans production didn't drop off. I think he wasn't juicing.

Explain?

#2? The guy shouldn't have even made the Pro-Bowl.

Demarcus Ware, Kamerion Wimbley, Demeco Ryans, DeAngelo Hall, Tommie Harris and Shawne Merriman all *EAT* ST.

Yet you're fine with Romo sits to pee being there.

111 Tackles, 1 INT, 3 Forced Fumbles. Pretty good stats for a Probowl safety. Taylor was an alternate anyway. He wouldn't have gone if Dawkins had decided to go. So as an alternate, those stats are definitely worthy.

A QB who flakes out at the end of the season, and costs his team a playoff win on the other hand...

After he was suspended, Merrimans production didn't drop off. I think he wasn't juicing.

Explain?

That's what I never got- Merriman was nasty without taking any kind of illegal supplement/steroid/whatever. Why bother taking one so briefly?

And according to Goodell himself:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2853277

In an effort to distance Shawne Merriman's name from being attached to a new policy, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the Chargers star linebacker has tested clean on 19 of 20 random tests for performance-enhancing drugs since he entered the league two years ago.

The guy's not a dirty player, I don't know why people are complaining about him being #1 on the list. Fact is, he's one the scariest and most disruptive pass rushers in the league and at his current rate of play could be one of the elites of his generation.

This is one of the more ridiculous comments I've ever read. You couldn't be more wrong. All of Taylor’s problems were going in during the 2005-'06 season, and he had no problems and they were pretty much all taking care of by the 2006-'07 season, so right there you are proven completely wrong. You need to pull your head out of your :moon: and start listening and getting what's really going in the world.

#2? The guy shouldn't have even made the Pro-Bowl.

Demarcus Ware, Kamerion Wimbley, Demeco Ryans, DeAngelo Hall, Tommie Harris and Shawne Merriman all *EAT* ST.

Since we are using players who aren't better than Taylor can we include players who aren't under 25 too?

The guy's not a dirty player, I don't know why people are complaining about him being #1 on the list. Fact is, he's one the scariest and most disruptive pass rushers in the league and at his current rate of play could be one of the elites of his generation.

and yet we took Rogers :(

If you were to put Sean Taylor on the Ravens...or the Bears...you would then witness historic and absolute supremacy. Everyone around him on our squad needs to step up...and fulfill his destiny. His talents are unmatched...and Gibbs...IF YOU READ THIS...

START USING TAYLOR IN THE RED ZONE FOR JUMP BALLS / FADES / AND THE VERTICAL ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Vertical Attack?

Yeah it's not like ST has won a game against the Cowboys single-handedly...

and it's not like T.O. is scared s***less of ST...

and it's not like he took in the game-winning score in a playoff game against the Bucs...

No you're totally right. Take him off the list.

what a counter-point!!!!

With the coverage playing to ST's strengths and him losing 20 lbs to become lighter... no limit this year...

Wow, just freaking WOW. I laughed out loud when I got to #1, because of the caption.

The caption for Shawne Merriman is hilarious.

“Merriman was suspended four games for violating the NFL's drug policy and STILL amassed 17 sacks in 2006. He's fast, strong and his motor is running full speed every time he's on the field.”

STILL? STILL?

How about BECAUSE! How about he took drugs and then was able to get 17 sacks!!

I am not claiming he is not an amazing player without drugs, but so was Barry Bonds. You still cannot give someone PROPS for overcoming the suspension of steroids.

Archived