Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOXSports: Quinn agrees to 5-year deal with Browns

drowland

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7099486

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

The Brady Quinn saga is now officially over.The rookie quarterback has agreed to terms on a five-year deal with the Cleveland Browns, FOXSports.com has learned.

The deal, which was agreed to Tuesday morning, has not yet been signed.

Quinn was on his way to Cleveland to join his teammates on Tuesday.

The No. 22 pick in this year's draft out of Notre Dame, Quinn had been working out in Tempe, Ariz. at Athletes Performance Institute, and last week said he was hoping his holdout would end soon.

His hopes have now been answered.

Russels deal will get done before Darrelle Revis deal is done.

I heard somewhere Revis was so far from getting a deal done that he's considering re-entering the draft. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it would suck for the Jets. Apparently his uncle sat out a season while in a contract dipute with the Redskins. His uncle is Sean Gilbert.

I heard somewhere Revis was so far from getting a deal done that he's considering re-entering the draft. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it would suck for the Jets. Apparently his uncle sat out a season while in a contract dipute with the Redskins. His uncle is Sean Gilbert.

Revis & the Jets haven't even talked numbers yet. The negotiations started, the Jets said they want a six year deal. Revis wants a five year deal (like every rookie has signed this year).

Thats as far as they've gotten.......

From what i understand Revis and the Jets are done speaking period. I posted this yesterday, but the Jets offered Revis a 5 year deal (which Revis camp wanted) with incentives in the back end of the deal with would trigger more guaranteed money. From what i gather the Jets and his agent agreed on this, but needed to work out further language in the deal which is standard. Supposedly the Jets FO pulled this deal off the table, and offered him a 6 year deal with no back end guanteed $. Revis camp says no deal will be reached until the first deal is put back onto the table......Jets side saying they never offered that deal, and they say they are done talking to him because he already slotted for a certain amount being the 14th pick. Now coach Mangini as well as the FO are copying a blue print off the Patriots here by not blinking in negoiations the problem is they traded up to get this guy. I was told me someone that he would be shocked if he signed by week 1. Stay tuned

Revis & the Jets haven't even talked numbers yet. The negotiations started, the Jets said they want a six year deal. Revis wants a five year deal (like every rookie has signed this year).

Thats as far as they've gotten.......

urban myth....numbers have definetly been discussed.

urban myth....numbers have definetly been discussed.

http://jets.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=665716

As it was put to us, the Jets demanding Revis sign a six-year deal equates to Revis demanding nothing more than a four-year contract from the team. In other words, compared to the market value of contracts given to first-round picks, it's a bit ridiculous.

Once they agree on the length of the contract the two sides must then agree on money. Sources told us today the Jets and Revis have not talked dollars and cents since they can't agree on the length of the contract.

Hey there two sides to every story...i respect the post, i've just been told by creditable guy that numbers were discussed, and that the Jets and Revis camp were very close to signing the deal until the Jets pulled the first offer off the table. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Haven't even heard about Russell. He's screwing himself IMO. You need the reps, you need to be in camp and you need to learn. Quinn screwed his season and gets a bunch of crap from everyone in here, yet Russell hasn't been heard from since the last OTA's.

Why don't the Jets and Revis have th 6th year a players option year if he meets certain escalators and the team's option if he doesn't? Can you say compromise?

Browns reportedly agree to deal with rookie QB Quinn

August 7, 2007

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) -- Brady Quinn apparently got what he was looking for financially from the Cleveland Browns.

Quinn and the Browns agreed to terms on a five-year contract Tuesday, according to a report on FOXSports.com.

According to the web site, the deal is worth $20.2 million, with $7.75 million in guaranteed money. The report also said that Quinn could earn up to $30 million in escalator clauses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhbX.Zd43IyisKSSJKVHS4VDubYF?slug=txbrownsquinn&prov=st&type=lgns

Archived