Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Jackson demoted

VinceGeorgeJoe

Word trickled out all the way to San Diego?

Yeah, this sounds too good to be true for most of us. The ONLY worthwhile thing to come out of that Friend article last year was the exposure of Jackson as a bitter, petulant child...too busy sulking to address the issues on the field.

Still amazed this clown has a job...GW should have turned the whole thing over to Gray months ago.

1) Why is it that only those with next to zero posts on the site tend to have all the "inside" info?

2) Wanna define what "from what I've been told" means, so we can put the rumor into proper context?

:laugh: Also, why do they create threads and seem to disappear when questions appear?

From what I'm told, Steve Jackson no longer has total control of the safeties. It's flown under the radar, but Jerry Gray is now the entire secondary coach, and Jackson (who's frustrated Ryan Clark, Sean Taylor and others in the past) is his assistant. Whether the safeties and corners still meet separately this year is unknown, but the sense is Gray has more autonomy this year with all the defensive backs, and Jackson has been taken down a notch.

i pray to god this is true. on the website it still says he's our safeties coach, but i hope the get rid of this tool as soon as possible

1) Why is it that only those with next to zero posts on the site tend to have all the "inside" info?

Probably because they don't need to talk to a bunch of fans who try to act like they know something when we don't, LOL!

However, I am not saying this guy has ties with the league, but I also am not saying he doesn't.

Word trickled out all the way to San Diego?

Yeah, this sounds too good to be true for most of us. The ONLY worthwhile thing to come out of that Friend article last year was the exposure of Jackson as a bitter, petulant child...too busy sulking to address the issues on the field.

Still amazed this clown has a job...GW should have turned the whole thing over to Gray months ago.

We don't know what kind of person Jackson is.

In that Friend article, he had one source saying those things about Jackson.

That was a bitter current/now ex player who didn't have the guts to give his name.

That is hardly what I would call an "unimpeachable source".

For all we know, Gray is the jerk, and Jackson is the good guy. :D

I have a hard time believing that Gibbs would've kept Jackson around for another minute if he was behaving THAT BADLY.

They had no problem getting rid of Lindsey when they felt he wasn't working out. I'm sure they wouldn't have hesitated to fire Jackson if he was that much of a problem, and was THAT hated.

I agree, though, that titles mean nothing in Washington. Jackson could've been demoted authority wise, but still not had his coaching title changed.

You've been reading Harry Potter haven't you..

Actually its a quote from a movie called "Best in Show". Its a parody of the west minster dog show and it really is a classic. I encourage everyone to check it out. Its hilarious. Its got Eugene Levy in it from American Pie.

Steve Jackson was the guy who was here in 04 and 05 when our secondary played well. Gray just came on the beginning of last year. I mean I dunno what all happened behind closed doors, but our secondary was outstanding in 04 and good in 05. Jackson had to be doing something right those two years.

From what I'm told, Steve Jackson no longer has total control of the safeties. It's flown under the radar, but Jerry Gray is now the entire secondary coach, and Jackson (who's frustrated Ryan Clark, Sean Taylor and others in the past) is his assistant. Whether the safeties and corners still meet separately this year is unknown, but the sense is Gray has more autonomy this year with all the defensive backs, and Jackson has been taken down a notch.

Yea, I noticed that his title has changed to something like "safety coordinator" or "Passing Game Coordinator" or some such rubbish.

The guy is legit is what Om is saying. I don't think we need to divulge identities here. Anyway, I guess if he was demoted then maybe I'm giving him too much credit for those other two years. Having the CB's and Safeties in different meetings is a ridiculous notion so if he was behind that then I'm all for him being demoted if it's for the benefit of our secondary.

You know what, I don't really care who is the Safety's coach, just as long as both the CB and Safety's are playing well and playing well together (i.e. understanding the other player's mindsight and thought process)...

Here's to a formidable defense...and hopefully a great season... :cheers:

HTTR! :point2sky

Not sure I'd casually dismiss this thread starter, friends.

Just sayin'.

Unless a thread starter has earned a solid reputation around here or gives specifics on how they know what they're claiming to know, I'll always dismiss threads like these. I don't care if I'm right or wrong when I do...I just tire of unsubstantiated and unexplained rumors by members with a grand total of three posts littering the forum. For every one that's valid, there are 92 million that aren't lol...

Archived