Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Jackson demoted

VinceGeorgeJoe

From what I'm told, Steve Jackson no longer has total control of the safeties. It's flown under the radar, but Jerry Gray is now the entire secondary coach, and Jackson (who's frustrated Ryan Clark, Sean Taylor and others in the past) is his assistant. Whether the safeties and corners still meet separately this year is unknown, but the sense is Gray has more autonomy this year with all the defensive backs, and Jackson has been taken down a notch.

From what I'm told, Steve Jackson no longer has total control of the safeties. It's flown under the radar, but Jerry Gray is now the entire secondary coach, and Jackson (who's frustrated Ryan Clark, Sean Taylor and others in the past) is his assistant. Whether the safeties and corners still meet separately this year is unknown, but the sense is Gray has more autonomy this year with all the defensive backs, and Jackson has been taken down a notch.

Link? If so, that is fantastic news! 2nd to Dale Lindsay getting fired!!

Well, that would be interesting.

Weren't Gray and Jackson teammates in Houston?

That wouldn't be too surprising. I had speculated at the end of last year that Gibbs & co. had approached both Lindsey and Jackson about either taking a demotion/giving up control or hitting the road. I think Dale was too proud to take a demotion (just as he was too proud not to bench Warrick Holdman) and Jackson accepted his demotion.

interesting....of course you need a link young fella.

i wonder how this is going to play out. i wonder if jackson will cause some trouble while working under gray.

young fella? the dudes got 17 years on you.

:laugh:

this clown should have been fired midway through last season. How he continues to suckle from Snyder's nipple is amazing.

More like Gregg Williams nipple.:laugh:

When Gregg got that fat contract towards the end of our 2005 season, I think he got trigger happy hiring his friends. Search for some stories in Fall of 2006. When our defense started to look like crap day in and day out, the media started to look at our bloated coaching staff... not to mention the whistle blower that went to ESPN about all the dirt on our defense.

I hope that all the crap we saw play out last year was simply a fluke. Williams tried a lot of experimental stuff. Archelleta as a hybrid player--didn't work EVER. Then he had our CB's and Safeties not meeting together--because of this, there was NO communication on the field and offenses devoured us. man, I don't even want to think about this anymore... I'm getting shivers. :puke:

I was under the impression that with Lindsey getting fired, Williams was going back to a smaller defensive coaching staff. Did he not fire others?

it's called occlumency...gooooooooodddddd

sorry to be a nerd. Occlumency is shutting your mind off. Leglimency is getting to know what's happening in another persons mind.

Gotta love Harry Potter, and gotta love this news if it is true.. News articles as recent as today have been saying "safeties coach Steven Jackson".

sorry to be a nerd. Occlumency is shutting your mind off. Leglimency is getting to know what's happening in another persons mind.

Gotta love Harry Potter, and gotta love this news if it is true.. News articles as recent as today have been saying "safeties coach Steven Jackson".

touche'

regardless the whole crap about not meeting together was absolutely idiotic last year. i mean seriously, who throws a shoe?

What was Jackson before this "demotion"?

According to this recent article in the Times:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204788

Jackson is still called the "Safeties Coach".

I was under the impression that with Lindsey getting fired, Williams was going back to a smaller defensive coaching staff. Did he not fire others?

Let's only hope that this is the case!! We have too many coaches who each have their own views and beliefs, and they all butt heads with each other, hence the well-documented "seperate meeting" nonsense from last year.

God, I hope the defense comes correct this year.

ogre01.jpg

NNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist that. Although I can't really speak - I just finished the 7th book in about 8 days)

This still needs a better source then "from what I have been told"

WHO ARE YOU?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW tofrie, if Jackson really was demoted and became Gray's assistant, why would there still be seperate meetings between safties and corners? It's pretty much a no brainer that there wouldn't be. You know what I mean? :)

Archived