Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Jackson demoted

VinceGeorgeJoe

The knock wasn't that Jackson couldn't coach, but more that he wouldn't. And much of what was stated in that article was confirmed publicly by Shawn Springs.

I just can't conceive of the safeties and DB's attending different meetings and not being on the same page, gameplanning-wise. That is outrageous.

Worries me that this guy is still on the team when we have young, talented players at the position that need quality, professional coaching.

The knock wasn't that Jackson couldn't coach, but more that he wouldn't. And much of what was stated in that article was confirmed publicly by Shawn Springs.

I just can't conceive of the safeties and DB's attending different meetings and not being on the same page, gameplanning-wise. That is outrageous.

Worries me that this guy is still on the team when we have young, talented players at the position that need quality, professional coaching.

Yeah, but many think Springs WAS the "undisclosed source" in the article.

If he was, he was just confirming his own words. :)

The seperate meetings between the CBs and the safties was the norm in '04 ad '05 when Jackson was running the secondary, wasn't it?

No one had a problem with it then when our defenses were great (mainly b/c we didn't know about it :) ).

As I said, Jackson I'm sure isn't nearly a problem as that Friend article and its one "source" suggested, or he would've been long gone.

He may have been demoted, as the coaching title he now holds (provided by JimmiJo) suggests.

However, we have no idea what happened behind closed doors, or the reasons he may have been demoted.

They may have nothing to do with the alleged incidents related in the Friend article.

As I said, Jackson I'm sure isn't nearly a problem as that Friend article and its one "source" suggested, or he would've been long gone.

Maybe not, JG likely has a different preception from that of a (or more) player(s). And I "think" he "may" give the benefit of the doubt to the coach.

However, we have no idea what happened behind closed doors, or the reasons he may have been demoted.

I agree, JG is not ever going to come out and bash a current or former assistant in public.

Wow Califan I think you beat Lloyds Mongolian beef and Tastes Like Chicken all in one fell swoop and not a bounce or an ass between them. Those eyes, oh my. Stopped me dead in my tracks.

As for the original poster, I guess if Om will vouch for him/her then we can agree that this is legit. Is this another Andyman scenario? Wheres he been in forever anyway?

Weren't Gray and Jackson teammates in Houston?

Not only were they teammates, but they were also in the defensive backfield together during the greatest comeback in NFL history. They made Frank Reich the answer to a trivia question.

I hope this is true and it seems to be by his new title. Though I prefer that they just got rid of him all together. Jackson screwing up Landry after already having a negative effect on Sean Taylor is one of my biggest concerns about this team.

Has no one figured this out yet?

tofrie = Tom Friend

A quick glance at his previous posts will detail as much. It seems as if Om knew as much.

Well done. I think you've got it. Or at least you've got what we're SUPPOSED to think.

My brain just shut down and re-started.

I am in favor of limited government and bureaucracy. This is a prime example of how we don't need a coach for every single position. Next thing we will have is the coaches coach and gms gm. I understand a quarterback coach and a running back coach wideout coach and all the other positions, but couldn't you have one guy doing two jobs? I mean come on this is rediculous with how many chiefs there are?

Well done. I think you've got it. Or at least you've got what we're SUPPOSED to think.

My brain just shut down and re-started.

Hahaha, I feel the same way. Anyway, I hope this move was made, the secondary will be better off for it.

If tofrie is Tom Friend, then what are we to make of his previous post (check his history) about Shawn Springs and his trainer (David Boston's previous trainer).

And I'll add to that...wasn't B Lloyd training with Springs in Arizona?

PURE SPECULATION: If tofrie is Tom Friend, then MAYBE Springs and Lloyd are juicing.

There has been a lot of chatter (and a this year vs. last year photo comparison thread) about Lloyd looking a lot bigger this season.

If tofrie is Tom Friend, then what are we to make of his previous post (check his history) about Shawn Springs and his trainer (David Boston's previous trainer).

And I'll add to that...wasn't B Lloyd training with Springs in Arizona?

PURE SPECULATION: If tofrie is Tom Friend, then MAYBE Springs and Lloyd are juicing.

There has been a lot of chatter (and a this year vs. last year photo comparison thread) about Lloyd looking a lot bigger this season.

This is what tofrie said then:

Bryant's article mentions that Springs is working with strength coach Ian Danney. Oh, is that a red flag. Danney, just so you all know, was David Boston's personal trainer when Boston was nailed for steroids and suspected of HGH. He is someone to be highly suspicious of. But, I'll say this, Springs will eventually show up looking like a Greek God. Guaranteed.

It's been said that Springs looks much larger, and it is VERY clear that Lloyd has gathered some muscle mass. I can't imagine anyone would be stupid enough to juice in this day and age anymore... Although if you remember last year, Jon Jansen said that he had reason to believe that a large number of players do.

That being said... If Lloyd is caught juicing, would that be reason to void his contract?

Archived