Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Connecticut Home Invasion.

USS Redskins

Screw fair trials.

Screw the fact that innocent people have been wrongfully executed in the past.

Screw the fact that the Death Penalty cannot be undone once imposed.

I want Revenge and I want it now! I want these guys tortured to death today!

sigh

There he is! Your back! Why is it you are always in favor of the suspects in everyone of these threads? Welcome to year 2010 where DNA and incredible technology can prove guilt. This isn't 1950 anymore.

There he is! Your back! Why is it you are always in favor of the suspects in everyone of these threads? Welcome to year 2010 where DNA and incredible technology can prove guilt. This isn't 1950 anymore.

I'm not in favor of the suspects. I'm against the Death Penalty.

And I promise you that I know far, far more about the process of proving guilt in our court systems, including the use of DNA and other technology, than does the Average Bear. Don't let "NCIS- Miami" fool you - no form of evidence is completely infalliable, and wrongful convictions still happen all the time.

These two pieces of **** have been proven guilty and deserve to be feed to a wood chipper legs first, so they get to feel the love, however maybe they just had a bad childhood and that's what made them rape and kill...yea right. I honestly hope they die in the most painful way possible.

Why even have a trial at all? Incredible technology is all you need.

Screw fair trials.

Screw the fact that innocent people have been wrongfully executed in the past.

Screw the fact that the Death Penalty cannot be undone once imposed.

I want Revenge and I want it now! I want these guys tortured to death today!

sigh

I know, I feel the same way. It's frustrating and almost shocking to see how many people are ready at the drop of a hat to completely throw out due process and put two to the head over a newspaper article. That Constitution thingy is pretty smart now and then.

Gosh, I find myself agreeing with Destino.

The crime is shocking and horrific. Yet, there's no place in our Constitution just to shortcut the Constitutional process, which ensures the Constitutional level of Due Process.

I can't remember who, but there was a Supreme Court Justice who reversed on the death penalty cases. It was Blackmun.

An interesting contrast:

Bruce Edwin Callins will be executed [tomorrow] by the state of Texas. Intravenous tubes attached to his arms will carry the instrument of death, a toxic fluid designed specifically for the purpose of killing human beings. The witnesses...will behold Callins...strapped to a gurney, seconds away from extinction. Within days, or perhaps hours, the memory of Callins will begin to fade. The wheels of justice will churn again, and somewhere, another jury or another judge will have the...task of determining whether some human being is to live or die. We hope...that the defendant whose life is at risk will be represented by...someone who is inspired by the awareness that a less-than-vigorous defense...could have fatal consequences for the defendant. We hope that the attorney will investigate all aspects of the case, follow all evidentiary and procedural rules, and appear before a judge...committed to the protection of defendants' rights... But even if we can feel confident that these actors will fulfill their roles...our collective conscience will remain uneasy. Twenty years have passed since this court declared that the death penalty must be imposed fairly and with reasonable consistency or not at all, and despite the effort of the states and courts to devise legal formulas and procedural rules to meet this...challenge, the death penalty remains fraught with arbitrariness, discrimination...and mistake... From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death. For more than 20 years I have endeavored...to develop...rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor...Rather than continue to coddle the court's delusion that the desired level of fairness has been achieved...I feel...obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed. It is virtually self-evident to me now that no combination of procedural rules or substantive regulations ever can save the death penalty from its inherent constitutional deficiencies... Perhaps one day this court will develop procedural rules or verbal formulas that actually will provide consistency, fairness and reliability in a capital-sentencing scheme. I am not optimistic that such a day will come. I am more optimistic, though, that this court eventually will conclude that the effort to eliminate arbitrariness while preserving fairness 'in the infliction of [death] is so plainly doomed to failure that it and the death penalty must be abandoned altogether.' (Godfrey v. Georgia, 1980) I may not live to see that day, but I have faith that eventually it will arrive. The path the court has chosen lessen us all.

That is Blackmun. Now we have, Scalia.

Though Justice Blackmun joins those of us who have acknowledged the incompatibility of the court's Furman and Lockett-Eddings lines of jurisprudence...he unfortunately draws the wrong conclusion from the acknowledgment... Surely a different conclusion commends itself, to wit, that at least one of these judicially announced irreconcilable commands which cause the Constitution to prohibit what its text explicitly permits must be wrong. Convictions in opposition to the death penalty are often passionate and deeply held. That would be no excuse for reading them into a Constitution that does not contain them, even if they represented the convictions of a majority of Americans. Much less is there any excuse for using that course to thrust a minority's views upon the people. Justice Blackmun begins his statement by describing with poignancy the death of a convicted murderer by lethal injection. He chooses, as the case in which to make that statement, one of the less brutal of the murders that regularly come before us, the murder of a man ripped by a bullet suddenly and unexpectedly, with no opportunity to prepare himself and his affairs, and left to bleed to death on the floor of a tavern. The death-by-injection which Justice Blackmun describes looks pretty desirable next to that. It looks even better next to some of the other cases currently before us, which Justice Blackmun did not select as the vehicle for his announcement that the death penalty is always unconstitutional, for example, the case of the 11-year-old girl raped by four men and then killed by stuffing her panties down her throat. How enviable a quiet death by lethal injection compared with that!

I agree with Scalia, but that doesn't mean these criminals don't deserve all due process as a matter of law.

These two pieces of **** have been proven guilty and deserve to be feed to a wood chipper legs first, so they get to feel the love, however maybe they just had a bad childhood and that's what made them rape and kill...yea right. I honestly hope they die in the most painful way possible.

So do I, But I'd like for it not to cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars and end with the state committing the murder.

The problem with Capital Punishment isnt these cut and dry type cases. It's that we have that pesky Constitution that requires us to treat all cases the same way.

So do I, But I'd like for it not to cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars and end with the state committing the murder.

The problem with Capital Punishment isnt these cut and dry type cases. It's that we have that pesky Constitution that requires us to treat all cases the same way.

Stereotype time. Always gets me in trouble.

Some people really don't like the Constitution and the protections it provides to all individuals from the overwhelming power of government...

unless the right at issue is the Second Amendment right to bear arms. Then they become strict Constitutionalists.

Forget the government, I'm just saying I wouldn't be really upset if someone went all Jack Ruby on these guys. Of course I wouldn't do it myself or condone it.....

Oh, I feel exactly the same way, and like I said before, there is nothing wrong with venting. Good for the blood pressure.

It's the government following through on it that I have problems with. There is a reason that 137 countries in the world have abolished the Death Penalty, including every single major Western democracy (except the USA).

The Death Penalty is for countries where the State us paramount over the people. Places like China, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, the Middle East and much of the Third World. Places we should not want to emulate.

I lold at the liberals who said "innocent until proven guilty" its the stock phrase nowadays.

here are some facts

1- the woman who was murdered gave a message to the bank teller

2- the cops got to the house but didnt get there in time, they did however get there in time to watch the scum exiting the house after lighting it on fire after murdering the family.

3- The cops should have saved the taxpayers the trial and done the job at the scene.

if not the government then who?

Stereotype time. Always gets me in trouble.

Some people really don't like the Constitution and the protections it provides to all individuals from the overwhelming power of government...

unless the right at issue is the Second Amendment right to bear arms. Then they become strict Constitutionalists.

Sounds like a shot my way, I don't think anything I had to say violated the Constitution except maybe cruel and unusual punishment, these angels were convicted, I'm sure a folks from your line of work will line up to appeal and appeal and appeal basing their argument on everything from sunspots to how they were brought up and costing the public hundreds of thousands of dollars to put off what in this case we all know is true... the ****ers did it and meant to do it. No I cannot recall where the constitution said that the convicted can appeal to the ends of the earth and i'm sure if these individuals get what they deserve thats what will happen in this case because cowards that make up this type of scum can't take responsibilty for what they have done and the sorry assed lawyers who are there to support their anti death penalty views then to make sure justice is served enable this kind of **** to happen.

Sounds like a shot my way, I don't think anything I had to say violated the Constitution except maybe cruel and unusual punishment

Yeah, and maybe due process and about 5 other things. Ya think?

these angels were convicted, I'm sure a folks from your line of work will line up to appeal and appeal and appeal basing their argument on everything from sunspots to how they were brought up and costing the public hundreds of thousands of dollars to put off what in this case we all know is true... the ****ers did it and meant to do it. No I cannot recall where the constitution said that the convicted can appeal to the ends of the earth and i'm sure if these individuals get what they deserve thats what will happen in this case because cowards that make up this type of scum can't take responsibilty for what they have done and the sorry assed lawyers who are there to support their anti death penalty views then to make sure justice is served enable this kind of **** to happen.

I'm sure you believe this, but the evidence does not bear you out.

BS they were convicted, remember we are talking about this case and the case was not dismissed because of any violation of their due process hell they were caught coming out of the house and I'm sure that they will get their appeal(s) I know some would argue that they were there to help and the DNA evidence was planted by the evil police... but we know the truth they did it we just disagree on their fate. And by they way in this case the evidence has not been presented, if they get the death penalty want to bet how many appeals they get?

Archived