Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 NBA Stars Duct-Taped, Robbed in Separate Chicago Home Invasions

Dan T.

Yikes.

Police looking for link in robberies of two NBA players

By DON BABWIN, Associated Press Writer

July 30, 2007

CHICAGO (AP) -- Two hulking NBA stars were bound with duct tape and robbed of cash and jewelry by masked gunmen in separate holdups that have Chicago-area detectives wondering whether someone is targeting professional athletes.

New York Knicks forward Eddy Curry -- 6-foot-11, 285 pounds -- was tied up along with his wife and an employee at his mansion in suburban Burr Ridge on Saturday.

Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker, who is 6-foot-9, 245 pounds, was similarly robbed along with a relative at his $4 million townhouse in Chicago's exclusive River North section on July 10.

Full story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-nbarobberies&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yea i agree with ya rumpshaker. Its gotta be someone closley involved with them the details between the two are just too close together. My question is don't most NBA stars have pretty sophisticated security systems in and outside of there homes? I mean they are baalllllerrrss

Yea i agree with ya rumpshaker. Its gotta be someone closley involved with them the details between the two are just too close together. My question is don't most NBA stars have pretty sophisticated security systems in and outside of there homes? I mean they are baalllllerrrss

Could be someone involved with setting up the systems. I wouldn't be shocked to find out both security systems were set up by the same people.

Really how much is a security system going to help you when you answer a knock at the door and three armed guys barge in?

Hey man, I'm just speculating in the most outlandish, Hollywood way here. You gotta admit, this is one weird, movie-type story. Personally, I think the more cool conjecture we add to it the better. :)

Really how much is a security system going to help you when you answer a knock at the door and three armed guys barge in?

Ever seen Cribs? I seriously doubt these guys had a door you could just walk up to and ring the doorbell...

it is rather hilarious considering the size of the "victims", wealth, proximity, timing etc.....embarrassing too, I'd bet both of them wish the press hadn't got a hold of it.

It'll give a whole new meaning to "he was robbed" during a ball game

how is this hilarious???

this shows it doesn't matter how rich you are everyone can be a victim of a horrible event, they are being targeted and it seems by very smart crooks

they are happy no one got hurt not this was leaked, and any police event is public knowledge anyway

Then I heard a moan, honey I'm home

Yep, tote chrome for situations like this

I'm up in his broad I know he won't like this

Now I'm like ^%% you better talk to him

Before this fist put a spark to him

#**# around **** get dark to him, put a part through him

Lose a major part to him, arm, leg

She beggin me to stop but this cat gettin closer

Gettin hot like a toaster, I ****s the toast, uhh

Before my eyes could blink

She screams out, "Honey bring me up somethin to drink!"

He go back downstairs more time to think

Her brain racin, she's tellin me to stay patient

She don't know I'm, cool as a fan

Gat in hand, I don't wanna blast her man

But I can and I will doe, I probably chill doe

Even though situation lookin kinda ill yo

It came to me like a song I wrote

Told the $%$^ gimme your scarf, pillowcase and rope

Got dressed quick, tied the scarf around my face

Roped the $%@ up, gagged her mouth with the pillowcase

Play the cut, #$#$2 comin off some love potion ****

Flash the heat on em, he stood emotionless

Dropped the glass screamin, "Don't blast here's the stash,

a hundred cash just don't shoot my ass, please!"

#$@ pullin mad G's out the floor

Put stacks in a Prada knapsack, hit the door

Grab the keys to the five, call my ##$# on the cell

Bring some weed I got a story to tell, uhh

hmmm

you don't find it at least a little amusing that an overpaid 6'-11" 285lb. man was duct taped and robbed up in his "crib"? :silly: I'll bet some of his opponents do. I can hear 'em now "i'm bring the duct tape tonight biaaaatch!"

Sorry Dean, but really, I don't. I can't imagine the terror not knowing if they're going to shoot you to death, and the sense of violation that you're not safe in your own home. I see nothing amusing about it at all.

They're big, they're overpaid, but they're human.

you don't find it at least a little amusing that an overpaid 6'-11" 285lb. man was duct taped and robbed up in his "crib"? I'll bet some of his opponents do. I can hear 'em now "i'm bringing the duct tape tonight biaaaatch!"

No, this is not amusing or funny at all...when someone threatens your life with a gun, size doesn't really matter.

And how ironic it would be if these two are into the thug lifestyle and got owned by there own.

why make ignorant assumptions?

Dean you haven't explained what's "hilarious" and "amusing" about this story. I like to think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I'm really baffled where you see humor in it.

Lets not get over PC about this...the man has a right to find anything humorous he wants doesn't he?

Archived