Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you imagine a skyscraper over 1,000 ft higher than the Empire State Building?

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord
your title sounds like a commercial. i bet it will be windy like a mofo up there. good luck to the construction workers.

I know. But it is a nice looking building. It has more character than the Freedom Tower I might add.

Okay I've had about enough of this Dubai nonsense.

Yeah, what is up with Dubai? That's the same place that has the giant island shaped like a palm tree, and that's building a series of islands shaped like the globe. And the giant hotel on the water with the helicopter pad that gives me vertigo every time I see it.

The money there must be unreal.

Saw a Discovery Channel documentary on the construction of this thing. Everything in Dubai is to the utmost extreme. As impressive as it is, what really blows my mind are the palm islands that they are building in the Persian Gulf. Below, the smallest one (already built), is but one of three that will eventually be completed:

9675246.jpg

Check out the high-rises to the right of the photo. That shoud give you some perspective on how big that thing is, and remember, that's the little one.

Not to mention the map of the world being built, as well. Got $30 million lying around? Then one of those little islands can be yours.

19.jpg

i have a relative who works there. They recruit a lot of talent from all over the world to work there. They also just have money to spend, and obviously building more of these follies attracts more tourists.

Lots of the Arab countries are like that, or at least big Arab companies. Some of the Arab airlines are privately owned by these oil mughals, and are apparently some of the best fitted planes with the best customer service, or so I've heard.

Archived