Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Water bars? $55 for a bottle of water?

Spaceman Spiff

$55 for a 3/4 -liter bottle of Bling H20, a spring water from English Mountain Spring in Tennessee that is bottled in a corked, glazed bottle decorated with Swarovski crystals

It says that it is bottled from a natural spring on English Mountain... Just FYI... there is an English Mountain Spring Water company locally here that will deliver huge-ass jugs of water for a few dollars.

http://www.englishmountainh2o.com/em.html

We used to get the bottles delivered at my old office. We didn't pay $55 though.

Of course... if any of you fools want... I'll gladly send you a bottle for $50. Hey... you'll save $5.

It says that it is bottled from a natural spring on English Mountain... Just FYI... there is an English Mountain Spring Water company locally here that will deliver huge-ass jugs of water for a few dollars.

http://www.englishmountainh2o.com/em.html

We used to get the bottles delivered at my old office. We didn't pay $55 though.

Of course... if any of you fools want... I'll gladly send you a bottle for $50. Hey... you'll save $5.

And I guess I should add... it tastes like water. Yup... shocking, I know.

If any of you want next time you're down this way I'll take you to English Mountain and you can drink all you want right from the source. $55 tour guide fee of course

And BTW... I was told thru word of mouth that one guy owns the land where the spring is (he is the owner of English Mountain)... so I'm wondering if it is him behind all of this. Or maybe I just have bad info. :)

SamJackson.jpg

It'll get you hydrated!

:rotflmao:

Anyways, I carry a Nalgene bottle with me everywhere i go. I always fill it with Brita-filtered tap water.

When im cooking, i always use filtered water too, even if im going to boil the water.......even if im just cooking hot dogs. Water must go through the brita.

Im a semi water snob. I wont drink Dansani, or Aquifina. Both are just purified tap waters.

The only water I use to cook is Deer Park, never just use tap water for food.

Fiji, Aqua Panna are my 2 favorites, but have recently ventured to some more expensive waters for drinking.

:rolleyes:

A quick blind taste test would disabuse you of the notion that any of this makes sense at all.

"A quick blind taste test would disabuse you of the notion that any of this makes sense at all."

WRONG

Glad you guys know me better than myself!

I do it cause it makes me feel better and I can!

Some people like fine wines.

Some like gourmet beers.

I prefer high quality H20.

"A quick blind taste test would disabuse you of the notion that any of this makes sense at all."

WRONG

Some like gourmet beers.

I get it now...

waterboy-poster-0.jpgNew%20waterboy.gif

WRONG

Some like gourmet beers.

Hey it's your money. Spend it how you see fit. But I don't believe for a second that you can tell the difference between various waters.

"But I don't believe for a second that you can tell the difference between various waters"

Okay, ill use your logic. I have a hard time believing you are a male. How can your prove otherwise Dan, or should I say Danielle?

I can tell the differance between Fiji (which has its own unique tatse) over any other bottle of water.

Could I tell the differance between Aquifina and Dansani. Easily.

Aqua Panna vs Voss still? Not as easy, but i sure as hell cann tell the differnce between those 2 and the same water that you shower in and dump in!

"But I don't believe for a second that you can tell the difference between various waters"

Okay, ill use your logic. I have a hard time believing you are a male. How can your prove otherwise Dan, or should I say Danielle?

I can tell the differance between Fiji (which has its own unique tatse) over any other bottle of water.

Could I tell the differance between Aquifina and Dansani. Easily.

Aqua Panna vs Voss still? Not as easy, but i sure as hell cann tell the differnce between those 2 and the same water that you shower in and dump in!

Well, I'll make a deal. At a future Redskins tailgate, we'll set up a blind taste test of various waters, and you can prove your amazing palate.

In return, you can peek at my dick as I pee tap water to prove I'm a male. :silly:

Bottled Water: Pure Drink or Pure Hype

We have conducted a review of available information on bottled water and its sources, an in-depth assessment of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and all 50 states' programs governing bottled water safety, and an analysis of government and academic bottled water testing results. We have compared FDA's bottled water rules with certain international bottled water standards and with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules that apply to piped tap water supplied by public water systems. In addition, NRDC commissioned independent lab testing of more than 1,000 bottles of 103 types of bottled water from many parts of the country (California, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, New York, and Texas). Our conclusions and recommendations follow.
Our "snapshot" testing of more than 1,000 bottles of 103 brands of water by three independent labs found that most bottled water tested was of good quality, but some brands' quality was spotty. About one third of the bottled waters we tested contained significant contamination (i.e., levels of chemical or bacterial contaminants exceeding those allowed under a state or industry standard or guideline) in at least one test.

- Nearly one in four of the waters tested (23 of the 103 waters, or 22 percent) violated strict applicable state (California) limits for bottled water in at least one sample, most commonly for arsenic or certain cancer-causing man-made ("synthetic") organic compounds.

- Nearly one in five tested waters (18 of the 103, or 17 percent) contained, in at least one sample, more bacteria than allowed under microbiological-purity "guidelines" (unenforceable sanitation guidelines based on heterotrophic plate count [HPC] bacteria levels in the water) adopted by some states, the industry, and the EU.

- In sum, approximately one third of the tested waters (34 of 103 waters, or 33 percent) violated an enforceable state standard or exceeded microbiological-purity guidelines, or both, in at least one sample.

"At a future Redskins tailgate, we'll set up a blind taste test of various waters, and you can prove your amazing palate."

Yeah, excellent plan. Ill go to a Redskin game, and instead of drinking alcohol, ill drink water, to prove to you that I can taste the difference!

I mean, while im taking some prescoius tailgate time to appease you and your incorrect assumptions, why dont I prove to you that I can snort an 8 ball in one line?

How about I also show you that I can tell the differnce between and EQT jersey and and an authentic 200 yards away!

Man great idea Danielle!

Anything else you dont think I can do, cause week one, its all about proving to you I can tell the differnce between bottled water!

Not everyone is a redneck like you and drinks out of the toilet.

"At a future Redskins tailgate, we'll set up a blind taste test of various waters, and you can prove your amazing palate."

Yeah, excellent plan. Ill go to a Redskin game, and instead of drinking alcohol, ill drink water, to prove to you that I can taste the difference!

I mean, while im taking some prescoius tailgate time to appease you and your incorrect assumptions, why dont I prove to you that I can snort an 8 ball in one line?

How about I also show you that I can tell the differnce between and EQT jersey and and an authentic 200 yards away!

Man great idea Danielle!

Anything else you dont think I can do, cause week one, its all about proving to you I can tell the differnce between bottled water!

Actually I drink filtered well water at home. It tastes great, thanks.

Personally, I think that bottled waters, especially expensive bottled waters, are a laughable hoax perpetrated upon gullible consumers. But like I said before, it's your money, spend it how you see fit.

Ever had Fiji water before? It aint spring, filtered or purified.

Man never touches it, bottled at the source.

Artisean water. I can taste the differnece, most people can. Thats why it sells.

While YOU may not be able to distinguish the 2, that doesnt mean myself or anyone else that you havent met before can't.

thats my point. You dont know me or my taste bud power.

Man great idea Danielle!

Can you really snort a whole 8 ball at once? :yikes:

Ever had Fiji water before? It aint spring, filtered or purified.

Man never touches it, bottled at the source.

I think you should brush up on the whole water cycle thing.

thats my point. You dont know me or my taste bud power.

:laugh: :laugh: Funny stuff skins247, funny stuff. :cheers:

Archived