Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Water bars? $55 for a bottle of water?

Spaceman Spiff

So does that mean all the fish **** & bear piss & all the other natural stuff in the stream gets passed on to the consumer?

Sweet, monkey piss is good for the immune system, I hear......

I hear they trained the monkeys to bottle the water, so man really never does touch it.

When im cooking, i always use filtered water too, even if im going to boil the water.......even if im just cooking hot dogs. Water must go through the brita.

You know, impurities HELP water boil.

By using filtered water, you basically need to season it with salt...if you want it to boil faster. Filtered water has less impurities and basically takes more time/energy to bring to a boil. Impurities help it boil.

Wow, this water fight is deteriorating quickly......

Funny...no different than squirt gun fights when I was 8 years old. All funa nd games until someone starts ****ing.

Oh, working in a liquor store...this reminds me of bottled Scotch water. Glenlivet bottles water from the same spring they use as the source of their scotch.

http://www.aquadeli.co.nz/speysideGlenlivet.php

That site, in general, I just stumbled upon through google and is riddled with ridiculous water nonsense. Its silly...but I guess people will do what they want...

You know, impurities HELP water boil.

By using filtered water, you basically need to season it with salt...if you want it to boil faster. Filtered water has less impurities and basically takes more time/energy to bring to a boil. Impurities help it boil.

Its a hot dog. I can wait an extra minute or 2.

Yes on the 8 ball (In my younger days*)

"I think you should brush up on the whole water cycle thing"

I think you should brush up pal. Heres a link. Stop hating on my water selection.

http://www.fijiwater.com/

*Younger days meaning last year

Forums on the internet have a feature to quote the person you are responding to in a manner that is more easily noticed. By pressing the quote button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you would like to quote, you will be sent to the reply screen with the other person's words in the proper quote format. It is just as easy if not easier then actually typing out the quotations and it makes it easier for everybody else to understand who and what you are responding to.

With that said, while I know there is a distinct difference between hose water and bottled water, but both of them will do roughly the same thing in your stomach...if it is flavor or just something you want, that is understandable...a lot of people like different things for different reasons. You don't exactly gain major health benefits drinking bottled water over tap water. Your life expectancy is not determined by whether you drink tap water or bottled water.

Ever had Fiji water before? It aint spring, filtered or purified.

Man never touches it, bottled at the source.

Coincidentally, this quote from the article I cited earlier in this thread:

"The Globe's lab tests, conducted by GeoLabs Inc. in Braintree and G&L Laboratories in Quincy, indicated there were some differences between the bottled and tap waters, but the differences in most cases were minimal.

The chief exception was a background bacteria test that found unusually high levels in the Fiji bottled water.

None of the five waters tested showed any trace of coliform bacteria, which can be an indicator of E. coli. But a heterotrophic plate count test, which indicates whether conditions are ripe for bacteria growth, showed Fiji water with an estimated 1,800 colony-forming units per milliliter. The recommended maximum is 500 colony-forming units.

Paul Tierney, director of the food protection program at the state Department of Public Health, said the higher level does not necessarily indicate a health risk, but possibly a sanitation problem at the bottling plant." http://www.boston.com/business/arti.../18/water_wars/

You dont know me or my taste bud power.

Could you taste Fiji's 1,800 colony-forming units per milliliter?

The argument your making here Danielle is that I CANT tell the difference between Fiji water and tap water.

Not the mineral content.

You're all over the place. Choose one poor arguement and stick with it

Who said anything about mineral content? :

"But a heterotrophic plate count test, which indicates whether conditions are ripe for bacteria growth, showed Fiji water with an estimated 1,800 colony-forming units per milliliter."

Here's my argument. I think that bottled waters, especially expensive bottled waters, are largely a hoax perpetrated upon gullible consumers.

I doubt that you or most anybody else could discern between five different bottled waters, with a tap water thrown in, in a true blind taste test.

But suppose, for argument's sake, I do indeed underestimate the power of your taste buds. Is the difference really worth the dollars paid out for it? If you pay, I guess the answer is yes. Drink away, fatboy. Here's to the awesome power of your taste buds. :cheers:

Paul Tierney, director of the food protection program at the state Department of Public Health, said the higher level does not necessarily indicate a health risk, but possibly a sanitation problem at the bottling plant."

I hear they trained the monkeys to bottle the water, so man really never does touch it.

It all makes sense now

Archived