Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Beckham and his wife are trying too hard?

Thanos

And lastly, this all argument about the best athletes in the world only play our sports is just rediculous.

I think if you compare soccer to abseball, soccer atheletes are more pure atheletes than baseball players who sit ont heir ass for most of the game. Obviosly comparing different sports for who is a better atheletes is inconclusive to say the least but the best atheletes in the world don't just live in the US.

They are going to have to try hard, because soccer players and washed-up Spice Girls just arent that interesting to Americans.
Am I the only one who's insulted by the fact that they both wait until their careers are in the crapper before coming over here? I don't want to be Germany to their David Hasselhoff.

Both of these posts made me.... :laugh:

I blame Canada.

I wish they would have come to Canada.... then they would have rightfully fallen from celebrity :)

Seriously, "celebrity" in Canada is worthless (literally) :) Why do you think they all leave the country to work in the US?

We don't even support our professional sports franchises. The Toronto Maple Leafs are the only exception... and they stink :)

Becks being a good looking guy will try doing smaller roles in movies before trasnsition his career full time into Hollywood.

Unless silent movies return, Beckham won't be appearing in any movies. His voice is like the Geico Gecko on helium.

I wish they would have come to Canada.... then they would have rightfully fallen from celebrity :)

Seriously, "celebrity" in Canada is worthless (literally) :) Why do you think they all leave the country to work in the US?

We don't even support our professional sports franchises. The Toronto Maple Leafs are the only exception... and they stink :)

Good point. But I though you guys loved the Canadians too? Or do they not count because they're in Quebec?

Good point. But I though you guys loved the Canadians too? Or do they not count because they're in Quebec?

The love affair with the Montreal Canadiens has faded.... surprisingly even with the frenchies. They moved into a new stadium.... had a beer sponsor (Molson) and lost it... and they have troubles filling the stadium for quite a few years ago. The history is gone and long removed.

The Canadiens have struggled on the ice for quite a few years ago.... and there's no infusion of talent on the team and they fail to sign anybody of note every year. Saku Koivu had to beat cancer just to keep that team respectable for the past 10 years.

Remember, that's a province that lost the Quebec Nordiques and the Montreal Expos in the past 10 years. It's embarrassing.

See him do what? He hasnt played.

That is my point! He hasn't even played a game in the MLS and they are already selling out games.

Maybe the two of them are trying hard, but I would have to say it is working because they are getting paid!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Uh oh is right! Whats up with your boy? Looks like he's the Glass Joe of soccer players...and that's saying something.

It's not over 'til it's over! When the season ends and the attendence is up, you still wear the Beckham sig. :laugh:

• 7 months later...

Archived