Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could add any one NFL player to the Skins roster...

morpheusmeyers

If you had asked this question a few months ago, I would have said Vilma, hands down and I can't believe only one person mentioned him.

One guy nobody has said and would be my number one right now is Charles Grant. I think he might be the best pure DE in the league behind Jason Taylor. He would be the perfect replacement for Daniels, being stout against the run and also against the pass. Keep your fancy Freeny pick up, give me an every down guy. Peppers would be an alternate pick for me.

Corner, Clements would be my (and GW's) pick. Shut down corner who can blitz and stop the run as good if not better than any other corner in the league. Including your precious, disgruntled and over rated Chump Bailey.

Henderson or Stroud, getting honerable mention as well.

There are a lot of Peppers lovers here. Dwight Freeney would and should be the hands down pick if you are looking for a D-line man.

Why? Obviously he can get sacks but he is pretty much awful against the run. He generally doesn't even bother to play it. In Peppers you get both. Sacks and run stopping ability. He also plays LDE, which is what we need. Put him on the other side of Carter. Then you have Peppers, Griff, Carter. You can't double team all of them. IMO he would instantly make our line pretty scary, especially if Carter stays on his upward trend he showed last year.

Peppers he is an athletic freak of nature he would generate pass rushing immediately which is our glaring weakness. Last season our offense wasn't really the problem we definitely had enough points on the board to get the W, what we needed was to cause a few turnovers Peppers would do this. GOD I wish we had Julius

Peppers he is an athletic freak of nature he would generate pass rushing immediately which is our glaring weakness. Last season our offense wasn't really the problem we definitely had enough points on the board to get the W, what we needed was to cause a few turnovers Peppers would do this. GOD I wish we had Julius
I don't know if our pass rush was any worse then we we're against the run. I like Peppers and think he is a good two way back. If your arguement was for Freeney, I would have blasted you.

I want Grant over Peppers.

I am going by the odds. He's an average QB at best, and thus far, has shown me nothing to prove otherwise. Felt, same way with PR. Would love to be totally surprise, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Unlike many fans here, I am more realistic about the situation. All talk about JC doing X and Y during off season doesn't excited me one bit. It should be expected from him or any QB in the same situation. 1st, he's making millions. 2nd, he gets to play QB in the NFL. 3nd, he's in the 3rd year and this is the year he really needs to prove he's our long term answer. He's pretty much fighting for the long term starting job. Given anyone here the chance, they would put just as much or more effort into it. I'll gladly be at Redskin Park 24/7.

I wasn't high on Ramsey when we drafted him. Good arm, but a statue. And didn't know that he was going to hold onto the ball for way too long.

Campbell is big, strong, mobile, and smart. Watching him in college, I thought he was going to do well in the NFL. In fact, coming out of college I liked him better than Aaron Rodgers who only got selected right ahead of him but was projected to be a top pick.

Maybe I'll start a How do you think Campbell will do this year thread?

Why? Obviously he can get sacks but he is pretty much awful against the run. He generally doesn't even bother to play it. In Peppers you get both. Sacks and run stopping ability. He also plays LDE, which is what we need. Put him on the other side of Carter. Then you have Peppers, Griff, Carter. You can't double team all of them. IMO he would instantly make our line pretty scary, especially if Carter stays on his upward trend he showed last year.

Okay, I did a little research (which I should have done first), and I hate to admit it, but you are right.

Comparing Peepers to Freeney really is no comparison. They are the same age, have about the same career sacks, but Peepers has a ton more tackles, has 3 times as many pass defections (31 to 10), has 2 interceptions to Freeney's 0, and actually ran one back for a touchdown.

I admit, my trigger finger was hasty. You have corrected my ways. :notworthy

I wasn't high on Ramsey when we drafted him. Good arm, but a statue. And didn't know that he was going to hold onto the ball for way too long.

Campbell is big, strong, mobile, and smart. Watching him in college, I thought he was going to do well in the NFL. In fact, coming out of college I liked him better than Aaron Rodgers who only got selected right ahead of him but was projected to be a top pick.

Maybe I'll start a How do you think Campbell will do this year thread?

Personally I think we should all be thanking Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown for the fact that Campbell went where he did in the draft. One of the reasons he wasn't really in the spotlight regarding the draft is because of those two and how people seemed to figure that he just had a great record because he had them behind him. Can things like that happen? Of course. Did it at Auburn that year? No. Take a look at Campbell's stats as a passer for that season. 69.6 comp %, threw for 2,700 yards with 20 TDs to 7 INTs. He also had different offensive coordinators every year he was there and still managed to end up with the Auburn career comp % record with 64.6. In addition to that, most of the teams in that draft who were more in the middle of the pack had needs other than QB. Campbell was the 3rd QB taken overall, behind Alex Smith at #1 (horrid his first year, got better last year but the jury is still definitely out) and Aaron Rodgers at #24 (hasn't had much of a chance to play. no way to know anything about him).

I like the Peppers idea, he commands instant attention and then Andre Carter becomes a pro-bowler as all the attention is shifted. Vilma is a good call and you can never go wrong with O-Line. Give Campbell time and even though it's his first year he could shred defenses. Cornerbacks can only cover so long.

Okay, I did a little research (which I should have done first), and I hate to admit it, but you are right.

Comparing Peepers to Freeney really is no comparison. They are the same age, have about the same career sacks, but Peepers has a ton more tackles, has 3 times as many pass defections (31 to 10), has 2 interceptions to Freeney's 0, and actually ran one back for a touchdown.

I admit, my trigger finger was hasty. You have corrected my ways. :notworthy

Hey, it's cool. I respect the fact that you did research and admitted you hadn't before. Many people on this board might have just kept arguing about it just to be stubborn. :D

And don't think I'm downplaying Freeney. He is a great pass rusher, but that is all he really does. We have a guy who is more of a speed rusher in Carter on the right side. IMO, adding Peppers to the left side would make our line fearsome, especially if we upgraded the middle as well, or Golston ends up being a stud (he put on 30 freaking pounds this offseason. if that is all muscle that is sick).

Archived