Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could add any one NFL player to the Skins roster...

morpheusmeyers

Thought this would be an interesting question to pose...If you could add any one NFL player to the Redskins roster who would it be?

I would take Julius Peppers. He would provide immediate help to our anemic pash rush, and would be a real difference maker.

LT would be great, but with Portis and Betts, we're already well loaded at the position.

Thoughts?

How can anyone not pick Manning or Brady. That's the most important position in the game bar none. People are way too hype about JC who pretty much as done nothing so far. Historically, late 1st / early 2nd rounder don't usually pan out. I would not be one bit surprise if we are drafting another QB this year. Hope, I am wrong, but odds are against it.

How can anyone not pick Manning or Brady. That's the most important position in the game bar none. People are way too hype about JC who pretty much as done nothing so far. Historically, late 1st / early 2nd rounder don't usually pan out. I would not be one bit surprise if we are drafting another QB this year. Hope, I am wrong, but odds are against it.

I wouldn't change the roster at all. We can win with the team we have!:cool:

AB:whoknows:

I didn't choose Manning or Brady because QB isn't the greatest position of need. D line is. Adding Peppers to our line would be a tremendous upgrade.

Campbell showed flashes in the few games he played last year. And according to reports, he's shown marked improvement this offseason. I think we've got a good one, and he's young.

As for the D line, it needs serious help. Peppers would provide that.

I'm assuming you mean late 1st round early 2nd round QB's don't pan out and you aren't referring to any position. Here are the QB's taken with the 20th pick of the 1st round or later, to the end of the 2nd round from 1995-2005...

1995 Todd Collins (career backup) 2nd round. Kordell Stewart (multi season starter) 2nd round.

1996 Tony Banks (multi season starter...journeyman) 2nd round.

1997 Jim Druckenmiller (bust) 1st round. Jake Plummer (10 year starter) 2nd round.

1998 Charlie Batch (starter...journeyman) 2nd round.

1999 Shaun King (spot starter, mainly backup) 2nd round.

2000 none

2001 Drew Brees (Pro Bowler) 2nd round. Quincy Carter (multi season starter, then journeyman). Marques Tuiasosopo (bust) 2nd round.

2002 Patrick Ramsey (Future Hall of Famer) 1st round.

2003 Rex Grossman (starter, played in Super Bowl) 1st round.

2004 JP Losman (starter) 1st round.

13 QB's taken in a 10 year period.

There have been a few busts...Collins, Druckenmiller, Tuiasosopo, and a couple of nice finds...Brees, Plummer. The book is still out on a couple...Grossman and Losman. And 6 (almost 50%) have had very average at best careers with multiple years starting. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Now let's look at QB's taken from pick #1 to pick #19 in the 1st round over the same period...

1995 Steve McNair (Pro Bowler). Kerry Collins (multi year starter)

1996 none

1997 none

1998 Peyton Manning (Pro Bowler). Ryan Leaf (bust)

1999 Tim Couch (bust). Donovan McNabb (Pro Bowler). Akili Smith (bust). Daunte Culpeper (solid starter now journeyman). Cade McNown (bust).

2000 Chad Pennington (solid starter)

2001 Michael Vick (solid starter)

2002 David Carr (multi year starter, now backup). Joey Harrington (multi season starter, now backup).

2003 Carson Palmer (Pro Bowler). Byron Leftwich (multi season starter)

2004 Eli Manning (multi season starter). Philip Rivers (Pro Bowler).

17 QB's taken. Again, there have been a few busts...Leaf, Couch, Akili Smith, & McNown. But there have also been some real prizes...McNair, Manning, McNabb, Palmer, and Rivers.

In both groups, the bust factor is about 25%. The hit ratio is higher for a top tier QB in the 2nd group though.

What does this say about Campbell? Not much. Heck, Tom Brady was a late round pick.

What odds are against us, meaning we will draft a QB this year? I'm assuming you meant next year but if not you're right! We drafted Jordan Palmer this year.

Here are the QB's we've drafted from 1995-2005...

1995 none

1996 none

1997 none

1998 none

1999 none

2000 Todd Husak (6th round)

2001 Sage Rosenfels (4th round)

2002 Patrick Ramsey (1st round)

2003 Gibran Hamden (7th round)

2004 none

In a year 10 period we drafted 4 QB's, and only 1 in the 1st 3 rounds. I'm going to play odds and say we don't draft another one next year, especially with Bramlet and Palmer on the roster.

Archived