Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do I get rid of my fish?

wshngtn1

I'm expanding my Redskins room a little and I need to take down my 75 gallon fish tank. I'd like to just put it in storage for now. The problem is, what do I do with my current fish? They aren't huge or extravagant or anything special, but I really don't want to just flush them all. I bought two fish about 4 years ago and these two fish have been breeding and then their young breed and then their young breed, etc, etc. It's really just a huge incest party. But still, I don't just want to kill them. I don't know of anyone with a tank to give them to. Will a pet store take them? Anyone care to guess how many times we'll see the word flush or toilet in the responses? Help the fish!

Let them know that , although you still feel a connection, it's not as strong as you would like... And that you think that there are plenty of fish in the sea... Wish them the best and then send them to that big river in the underground..

The most humane way to get rid of fish is to put them in the freezer in a container of water. They'll just go to sleep.

Assuming they are tropical fish.

Don't do this to goldfish. I learned this the hard way. When I open the freezer hours later and its head was frozen but its tail was still flapping around. :cry:

The most humane way to get rid of fish is to put them in the freezer in a container of water. They'll just go to sleep.

*sniff*Awwwww..a fish fan @ heart. I was going to say find a friend to take them & then I read your statement regarding this. I don't know if they would survive in a pond or not. How about a smaller tank? Too many for that? I don't think a pet store would take them. But you could try. So basically I've been no friggen help to you:silly: :laugh:

A family owned/private pet store would definatly take them and should give you credit to use on something else. Not sure about the Chain Stores like PetCo and that. Although I dont see why they wouldnt. Don't take them to a Wal-Mart that sells fish..they will die in the bag by the time someone helps you.

:laugh: Wait a minute...is this true?

Well, apparently its only true for tropical fish. My mom had a Beta that had a nasty infection on its dorsal fin. Someone at the store told her that freezing it was the most humane way to put it down, because the antibiotics they gave her to put in the water were not working.

Archived