Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins vs Taylor

InsaneBoost

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

am i the only one that thinks riggins is overrated 3.5 ypc behind the most dominant line in nfl history comeon

Stats are a bit misleading at times. If Riggins can get a consistent 3.5 yards per carry and Clinton Portis breaks off a 20 yard run every now and then to bring his average up to 4 ypc, who is going to convert more first downs running the ball 3 times in a row?

I vote for option 3.... The earth will explode

Exactly.

It'd be the big bang all over again. The start of a new planet and a new civilization.

"The Unstopable Force meets The Immovable Object" would be the headline in the newspapers the next day.

What Wrestlemania did I steal that line from? :laugh: Stolen or not it works!

Riggo with a full head of steam and Taylor with a full head of steam? Good god. They would need to hire a crew just to clean up the mess. We all know Riggo was a beast and was fearless but we also know Taylor can lay the wood to guys bigger than him and is absolutely fearless as well.

I'll go with option 3: The planet would explode.

am i the only one that thinks riggins is overrated 3.5 ypc behind the most dominant line in nfl history comeon

Why yes, you are the only one. You have to have been there. His ability to wear down a defense was legendary. Looking at stats (and film footage) you would think that Billy Kilmer wasn't very good either. Stats, particularly in football, don't tell the whole story.

Riggins wins. Sean Taylor is a good player but he has a LONG way to go. If he starts becoming that 'ball hawking' safety everyone tauted him to be coming out of college and makes more than 2-3 INTs a year he may be considered great one day. Right now, he's known for throwing his body around and making big hits. That's about it.

Although I did love his 2 fumble recoveries for a touchdown in as many weeks.

I voted Riggo of course. I witnessed it myself. ST would have been weak in the knees if Riggins headed in his direction. I don't think alot of the players of today would have "made it" during John Riggins' day. Those guys actually loved the game...it was all about winning...not $$$$ like most players today. jmo

<i didn't witness a JR & ST showdown...I witnessed JR plowing over everything in his path...after I posted and read that..I realized that folks may think I meant...I witnessed this particular show down...so I cleared it up be4 being filleted :laugh: )

Hey 909997,

Watch a replay of 70 chip. Riggo gets drilled on what should be for a loss, but instead he puts the dude down on the ground and keeps on going. You can't quantify heart like Riggo had, it doesn't exist in the NFL today mainly due to overinflated contracts and injury concerns. If John Riggins decided he was taking a game over, there was nothing you could do about it. There are very few players about whom you can say that in today's NFL.

Watch the replay from the Dallas playoff that year when we ran the same play agan and again, right up the middle, and they could not stop us. Repeat - the defense knew exactly where the ball was going, and they COULD NOT STOP US.

THAT was the John Riggins difference. I only wish I had been a little older to have truly appreciated it.

:laugh: This thread is funny. There would be several instances where Riggins wins and several where Taylor wins. If Taylor has the momentum then Riggins would get smashed.. if Taylor is on his heels then Riggins would win. Taylor is a collision hitter that relies on great timing and explosion. Any scenario that has Taylor in motion goes to ST hands down. Those guys Riggins plowed over in his day are like kids compared to what these guys are now.

two objects can never actual reach each other. all they can do is get half as close to each other and so there will always be half a distance between them. more importantly on a molecular level the surrounding electrons will push objects away from eachother. if however, john riggins and sean taylor were running head onto eachother, the laws of physics would be snaped and the electrons would explode causing a nuclear reaction and all in the stadium and a 250 mile radius would instantly be incinerated.

Riggins...hands down.

The best part is that he wouldn't even have the ball in his hand. Because it was a play-action fake and the receiver would be running free 20 yards behind the collision. But man, look at Taylor take that hit!

Archived