Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News Sucks... 5-11?

skinsfan4221977

What do ya'll really expect....do they ever predict us to win the division or atleast have a winning record.

We'll show them as the season goes along. I see that they are always on Dallas' ballz...13-3 yea right!!!!!!!

:dallasuck

Hey, if I recal correctly, the media was slobbing our knobs in the offseason. I remeber all the storeis about how we have alle the peices in place to make a SB runn. It worride me due to all the hype.

Dallas will be the same. They look like they have all the peices, butin reality, it takes a long time for a new system, with new coaches and new players to gel.

We learned the hard way last year.

And Dallas at 13-3 is asinine...picking ANY team in the NFL to go 13-3 is asinine.

Not making fun here as I love your posts but I noticed you seem to have a thing for the word asinine mate, I'm sure I've read a couple of times now youve posted it. Is it a sponsorship deal from some dictionary club? :)

As for the "journalism" its another one of those pull it out of your arse and nail it to the wall cases I think.

They picked the Skins to go 5-11 again and Dallas to win the division at 13-3. I mean, I can understand a neutral observer not predicting a miracle comeback, but 5-11 again?
Obviously they are not neutral if they are picking the Cowboys to go 13-3.

I don't think anyone predicitng any team's good or bad record means they suck or are great, as long as they can back up with actual FACTS why they think records are going to be what they predict. That being said, I would like to know what if anything they gave as reasons for these two records next season.

we could be 5-11 or we could be 11-5(im betting we will be the latter)

there are several ifs about this team that you coulad make a case for a great turnaround or another flop....we have talent can we find a way to win in close games and get our D off the field? (we did lost like 6 games by a margin of 3 pts or less) so if they want to be a negative as possible about us then fine you could make the case.

BUT cowboys 13-3?....WHAT???

how could a person logically make that case? i have been trying to think like a pukes fan and even with silver and blue rose glasses i cant think how you could say that??

New Coaching staff....Inexperienced QB who loves to fumble...2 starting WR's who are well over 30...T.O.'s blow up year...the worst offensive line in the NFC (49 Mil for a AZ reject?)...two #2 RB's...change in defense (again)....shoddy secondary ( good for at least one long bomb per game)...a 70 year old kicker...and the worst thing about the whole situation(something we can identify with last year) all the expectations in the world....

That sopunds to me like the pukes should be happy with .500 because i think they will be lucky to ge that

Your points are well taken...I was just merely pointing out that the Cowboys have survived coaching changes in the past and overcome them. I never said anything about my expectations of Jason Garrett...(so pump your brakes and wipe the corners of your mouth...). By the way, what effect did Al Saunders vast experience in play calling do for the Skins season last year?

While I understand your point, it's context isn't very accurate. As many have said before, including most of his previous players, Saunders' system takes at least a year to really get acclimated to. You may take that as homerism or a copout but if you look at the previous teams he has coached then you will see that exact pattern. Both the Rams and the Chiefs had mediocre at best seasons when he first came in, but the year after that they pretty much blew up. I am not saying that is going to happen with the Skins. IMO it is pretty much impossible to predict records. Games are won and lost by seconds and freak occurences. Injuries happen. Unknown players break out. Players everyone thought were great end up stinking. And on and on. Bubba's point was merely that your OC really doesn't have much experience so it will take him and the team time to get up to speed; whereas Saunders is a proven OC with a very complex playbook that needed just the players to get up to speed. One year later, we'll see how well it has worked out.

Bubba's point was merely that your OC really doesn't have much experience so it will take him and the team time to get up to speed; whereas Saunders is a proven OC with a very complex playbook that needed just the players to get up to speed. One year later, we'll see how well it has worked out.

Great points. My question for you is were you saying this last summer or were you drinking the Saunders koolaid in regards to what he would do in year ONE with the skins? Just asking?

New Coaching staff....Inexperienced QB who loves to fumble...2 starting WR's who are well over 30...T.O.'s blow up year...the worst offensive line in the NFC (49 Mil for a AZ reject?)...two #2 RB's...change in defense (again)....shoddy secondary ( good for at least one long bomb per game)...a 70 year old kicker...and the worst thing about the whole situation(something we can identify with last year) all the expectations in the world....

That sopunds to me like the pukes should be happy with .500 because i think they will be lucky to ge that

So your prediction is the skins finish 11-5 and the Cowboys will need luck to finish 8-8 right? Based on your complete and objective analysis of the 2007 Dallas Cowboys I'd have to lower your prediction for us even further. I'm thinking 5-11 to 7-9. :(

Great points. My question for you is were you saying this last summer or were you drinking the Saunders koolaid in regards to what he would do in year ONE with the skins? Just asking?

Even though I'm not involved with the discussion, I'll chime in here: Does it really matter? Were you drinking the "Parcells-Koolaid" thinking Bill Parcells would take the Cowboys back to the Super Bowl? 4 years and 0 playoff wins later, it still doesn't matter. Why should it matter if people were excited by the prospects of adding Al Saunders and predicted it would be instant offense?

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over a decade. I wouldn't hold it against anyone who got excited about Jason Garrett or Wade Phillips or even Tony Sporano...

I think most of us were, to a certain extent at least. I was optimistic but I still had that nagging thought in the back of my head concerning the fact that so many people claimed it took a year to get comfortable with the system. I guess I just hoped that it wouldn't prove to be as difficult for us. Perhaps that was drinking the koolaid and we certainly learned that those rumors were true. So this year I am hopeful but I'm certainly not going to say "we're going to the SB" or even "we're going to the playoffs". I'll reserve my judgement for any sort of record prediction for the Skins or any team for that matter once we get at least a few games into the season.

:2cents:

Even though I'm not involved with the discussion, I'll chime in here: Does it really matter?

I asked a very fair and civil question to the poster I quoted. There was no need for you to jump in to protect and flame? Calm down.

Were you drinking the "Parcells-Koolaid" thinking Bill Parcells would take the Cowboys back to the Super Bowl?

Absolutely! See, I answered your question without someone jumping in to save me and flame you. :rolleyes:

Why should it matter if people were excited by the prospects of adding Al Saunders and predicted it would be instant offense?

It matters because it was a simple and friendly question that I asked. It matters because the answer to it would show consistency or a lack there of.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over a decade. I wouldn't hold it against anyone who got excited about Jason Garrett or Wade Phillips or even Tony Sporano..

Is this all you have? This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or my previous question. Why are you so defensive and sensitive? Relax.

I think most of us were, to a certain extent at least. I was optimistic but I still had that nagging thought in the back of my head concerning the fact that so many people claimed it took a year to get comfortable with the system. I guess I just hoped that it wouldn't prove to be as difficult for us. Perhaps that was drinking the koolaid and we certainly learned that those rumors were true. So this year I am hopeful but I'm certainly not going to say "we're going to the SB" or even "we're going to the playoffs". I'll reserve my judgement for any sort of record prediction for the Skins or any team for that matter once we get at least a few games into the season.

:2cents:

Thanks for the honest answers. I think it's natural to look at the glass as half full as fans.

I disagree with Sporting News. The NFC East is still too balanced for any one team to dominate with a 13-3 record. As for the 5-11 prediction, the Sporting News seems to have decided that all of the Redskins' gambles (to stick with new but somewhat-seasoned players) would ALL backfire. IMO, someone in Sporting News didn't do enough homework. I think the Redskins are going to surprise a lot of folks, like they did in 2005.

As for that Cowboy fan posting on our site, he started off okay -- he recognized that 10-6 and tie-breakers will probably determine who wins the NFC East. (IMO, 11-5 will win the NFC-East title outright.) ...But then he started in on 'wishful thinking' -- that nothing is going to work out for the Skins. ...WRONG! So, Maybe he should start writing for Sports News?

I think the Redskins are going to have a strong season this year, and the offense is going to come through in a way that really surprises folks and the "media." I think our defense is going to be better this year, and Washington's coaches scanning the July-September waiver-wire cuts to add a little depth to the few remaining areas that are thin. IMO, the Skins will make the playoffs in 2007.

Now, I won't attack the Cowboys -- I happen to think to think that Wade Philips could turn out to be a decent coach. If the Cowboys' new O-line acquisition -- Davis -- plays up to his potential they'll be a force to contend with in the NFC-East. However there is the "TO" factor, isn't there? And I wonder how well, a new coach and a new system is going to get settled in one year. Last of all, it remains to be seen just how good Romo sits to pee really is -- teams are getting used to his style and what they might do to rattle him.

In short -- if you think that the Redskins go 5-11, then you think that all the Redskins' decisions will back-fire. I happen to believe the Redskins have assembled a coaching combine with proven credentials -- and they've been way too successful in the past to guess wrong in all their decisions.

In short, if Campbell can harness and exhibit his potential, Washington has the horse-power to motor into the playoffs. As for Dallas, heck we've beaten the Cowboys before -- even with Brunell at the helm.

Just goes to show you how many writers want to believe in the so called America's Team every year. And, if you read the details about what they improved this offseason I'm sure you won't find any solid answer. They got Bum "after my father" Phillips. With Norv they would have scored at the beginning of every half at least due to his scripted drives. I was ellated when they hired Phillips so the Skins can start to dominate the Cowgirls again!

Go Skins!

Archived