Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News Sucks... 5-11?

skinsfan4221977

They picked the Skins to go 5-11 again and Dallas to win the division at 13-3. I mean, I can understand a neutral observer not predicting a miracle comeback, but 5-11 again?

Surely we'll have a better defensive line than that! (I don't factor in Portis being injured as much because I consider Betts to still be very good).

They picked the Skins to go 5-11 again and Dallas to win the division at 13-3. I mean, I can understand a neutral observer not predicting a miracle comeback, but 5-11 again?

Surely we'll have a better defensive line than that! (I don't factor in Portis being injured as much because I consider Betts to still be very good).

13-3?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is plain ridiculous. What is this ridiculous love for the cowboys. They are not that good. 13-3? Lets go through their schedule

Giants - I guess they could win, Giants are missing Tiki and Eli is inconsistent, which eli shows up for that game. W

@ Miami - I guess they win this game, I'm not sure Miami is any good. W

@ Chicago - I think they lose this because of Chicago's D, I don't think they will be able to move the ball. L

St Louis - I think that they could easily lose this game against that offense. It will probably be a high scoring affair and I think St. Louis has a 50/50 shot at this. L

@ Buffalo - I think they win. W

New England - THey lose here. L

Minnesota - Minnesota is in shambles. W

@ Philly - tough division match. L

@ Giants - Always a tough place to play. L

Washington - It depends on how we are playing at this point in the season. I want us to win but we are away. Ill give them a L. L

Thats 6 losses already that will most likely happen. There is no way they are going 13-3. At best they are 9-7 next year.

13-3 for the cowboys. A new coach with parcells players, I think that historically teams that he has left traditionally don't make the playoffs after he leaves and they definitely don't win the division let alone go 13-3. I think that it quite possible that they go 8-8 or 7-9. I think that the redskins get 10-6 and make the playoffs.

5-11? They think we haven't improved at all this offseason? I suppose they think the other teams in out division have also improved, so we have a net gain of zero. That's all I can think of.

I know all the media thought we needed DL and we didn't get anyone, so I suppose they just assume we'll get run over again on defense. I hope that won't happen though with the way Gregg Williams is going to call the defense and how much we've improved the DB's.

Dallas might be a pretty decent team this season but 13-3 just stupid. The key will be Romo sits to pee. If he turns out to be what a lot of people think he might be, then they could surprise. If he flops though, their season is shot.

I think I have more of an issue, like the others, with the 13-3 prediction for the Cowboys. Of course, I think back to last offseason and some mags predicted the steelers up to 15-1 so who knows. I'd rather it be like this though, let us fly under the radar and surprise people. Reminds me of the offseason prior to the 2005 season coming off of our 6 win season when people like Dr. Z predicted us at 4-12

What do ya'll really expect....do they ever predict us to win the division or atleast have a winning record.

We'll show them as the season goes along. I see that they are always on Dallas' ballz...13-3 yea right!!!!!!!

:dallasuck

i don't care if they predict us to win the division, but no nfc east team is winning 12 games this year, i highly doubt if any win 11. so saying the cowboys will win 13 and only lose 3 means that they are going to sweep the nfc east and only lose to chicago, new england, and carolina. now they do have a pretty easy schedule, but just to imply that any team is going to sweep the nfc east this year is ridiculous and they still have to play the fins with trent green, the bears, new england, a better than believed minnesota team, the jets, farve who can never be counted as a must win, and carolina. 13 - 3 with that schedule is like dubbing them super bowl champs already. insane!

guess desioreo beat me to this point.

13-3 for the cowboys. A new coach with parcells players, I think that historically teams that he has left traditionally don't make the playoffs after he leaves and they definitely don't win the division let alone go 13-3. I think that it quite possible that they go 8-8 or 7-9. I think that the redskins get 10-6 and make the playoffs.

None of those teams had Jason Garrett. You can't underestimate the effect that a guy two years into his coaching career will have now that he is an offensive coordinator. The guy is money. Nevermind that neither of the teams he actually coached on had a good offense. :laugh:

13-3?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Bubba about summed it up!

The 'Skins will be predicted to finish between 5-11 and 9-7 at best if you ask me by most experts.

And I don't see much reason for us to be rated much higher.

However I do think many will have us as a possible sleeper, a dark horse to finish much better than they think.

As for the 'Boys at 13-3. Words can't describe how off that is.

Why do some of you guys care what these mediots think?

When a team has a good season and doesnt have important player losses in the offseason, they predict an increase in wins.

When a team has a good season and loses some important players in the offseason, they predict the same record.

When a team has a bad season and doesnt have important player losses in the offseason, they predict the same record.

When a team has a bad season and loses some important players in the offseason, they predict them to be worse.

One team is identifed as an overachiever in the previous season, and they rip them...note this team will have a perceived tougher schedule.

One team is identified as an underachiever last season and is praised...note, this team will have a perceived easy schedule.

Throw in a little hometown bias by some of these guys and you have the formula that these donkeys use.

They're definitely going out on a limb and saying that Dallas will end at 13-3, but hey, it could happen. Then again, so could us going 15-1.

Who cares what they think. Our teams got a ton of potential, and I'd honestly say ours has a lot more, but it's all about who realizes that potential. We'll see, won't we?

of all the teams in the East The pokes are the ones I think could completely fall apart

they had no major injuries, Parcells as coach, and some big unexpected games from Romo sits to pee... but still couldn't win the division and again choked down the stretch to finish 9-7

with no real upgrades in areas of need, and the coaching changes... plus TO is always a ticking time bomb.... plus I don't think Romo sits to pee is going to have a great season

The Skins who had a murphy's law type season and finished 5-11 last year, I think will have no where to go but up. IF they can stay healthy, and the defense rebounds to a top half ranking... We could have another playoff type run... or not

Archived