Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you pay Romo $50 million????

TheShredder

The cowboys are in a very tight spot here.

If they do not pay him the 50 mil extension now

If he does turn out to be a keeper they are screwed. they have no young guys to turn too next year when Romo sits to pee commands a Nate Clements type contract. They will have to draft a QB high and pay him the same 50 mil they just turned down for Romo sits to pee. While having to wait 2-4 years for the rook to pay dividends.

If Romo sits to pee does not work out then they look like geniuses and they draft their QB of the future next year while Mr Romo sits to pee turns completely into Mr. Underwood.

If they do pay the extension

If he bombs next year the Cowboys could very well have put themselves in Cap trouble, especially if Davis doesn't work out either. They would have paid 100 mil in contracts to two average or below average players (Jerry still wouldn't get any blame in the media). Redskins fans will have message board ammo for years and Dallas fans will be in search of a new QB next year. At least a QB controversy next year.

If he works out they will have a perrenial probowl QB for years to come at what would be a more then likely very fair deal.

All in all I think Dallas will pay the money and the Cowboys fan is right, 50 mil is not what it used to be. To have a, by all NFL and Media Experts accounts, up and coming QB willing to sign an extension for that amount is a great deal. For proof all you have to do is look at the franchise amount for QB's at 12 mil per year. That is the average of the top 5 QB's and consider Vicks contract he signed (120 mil I think) a few years ago for perspective. Also if he does sign a 50 mil extension I would say to the skins front office to Sign Campbell to the same deal now.

You boys realize of course that Matt Shaub who has only a couple of starts and who backed up Vick for years just signed a $48 million dollar deal right?

So who would you rather have, Romo sits to pee who has AT THE VERY LEAST shown he can play at this level (95.1 rating and 65% completion percentage) or a totally unproven Shaub?

You guys need to realize ,and its hard for all of us to grasp this concept, 50 mill ain't what it used to be in the NFL.

Very true. I believe if the cowboys get Romo sits to pee for 50 million its a steal. Schaub has never won a game yet ( i think) and brutalized a decimated patriots secondary. He got 48 million. If we use that as a barometer, Romo sits to pee's contract should be closer to 60, and if he becomes consistent (consistently good like he was for a few games) it would be worth every penny of it. Even if he isn't consistent for 50 million it will look like an average deal for recent or future first round QBs or an inconsistent one like say Eli.

Just so we'll have a record when we inevitably look back on this issue down the road ... is it your position that the Cowboys should give Tony Romo sits to pee a $50 million contract extension (regardless of structure) before the coming season starts or not?

You have noticed he ignored you, eh?

You boys realize of course that Matt Shaub who has only a couple of starts and who backed up Vick for years just signed a $48 million dollar deal right?

So who would you rather have, Romo sits to pee who has AT THE VERY LEAST shown he can play at this level (95.1 :excited: rating and 65% completion percentage) or a totally unproven Shaub?

You guys need to realize ,and its hard for all of us to grasp this concept, 50 mill ain't what it used to be in the NFL.

You were missing something from your post. I fixed it up for you

Considering Shaub is MUCH better than Romo sits to pee' date=' I'd rather give the money to him. However, I still think the contract he got was a bit absurd considering he has never been a full-time starter. The only reason the Texans did it was because they were desperate, due to their franchise QB turning out to be a bust. Therefore, the only reason the boys will do it, is if they are desperate.

For the record, Shaub and Romo sits to pee are equally unproven.[/quote']

As much as I hate to, I have to agree with JJ. Schaub had one wonder game against the Patriots, and then an average/bad performance. Frank Reich had some great games, but he wasn't a great QB. Romo sits to pee has proved a lot more then Schaub. Romo sits to pee, although I don't think he deserved it, did earn himself a pro bowl. Pro Bowl QBs usually get paid. I think the Texans were retarded because they basically put all their eggs in one basket with Schaub.

:laugh: And you guys say I'm "comedy Gold".

First Sentance...........Shaub is MUCH better than Romo sits to pee

Second sentence...."He's never been a starter"

I don't think you understand. The first was just my opinion based on what I've seen. It's relative and is in no way related to # of starts or "provenness". The second has nothing to do with the first, but for some reason you think that's funny? I differ from my colleagues and think your opinion is sad more than comedic. :(

I am just saying, lock him up now and they have to spend $50 million...for what? 2/3 rds of a season that was mostly having no film on a new guy for 5 games, then stinking the next 5. As far as I see it, they have to sign him. If they don't, the price for him playing a solid season is going to be HUGE! I don't envy the problem! I am certainly happy we are not in this one. He is more likely to be average, then Pro Bowl quality and they will still end up paying more if they don't sign him now. The killer part is that he very well could be a flash in the pan and sign a big contract, then suck!

So who would you rather have, Romo sits to pee who has AT THE VERY LEAST shown he can play at this level (95.1 rating and 65% completion percentage) or a totally unproven Shaub?

Just so we'll have a record when we inevitably look back on this issue down the road ... is it your position that the Cowboys should give Tony Romo sits to pee a $50 million contract extension (regardless of structure) before the coming season starts or not?
You have noticed he ignored you, eh?

Yup. Kinda telling, giving he apparently answered everybody else. :)

Jeremiah don't be bull, dog.

Answer the question.

The cowboys are in a very tight spot here.

If they do not pay him the 50 mil extension now

If he does turn out to be a keeper they are screwed. they have no young guys to turn too next year when Romo sits to pee commands a Nate Clements type contract. They will have to draft a QB high and pay him the same 50 mil they just turned down for Romo sits to pee. While having to wait 2-4 years for the rook to pay dividends.

We're not screwed if we don't get a deal done. Who says he'll leave after a good season? We have plenty of Cap Room, an owner who isn't a cheap skate, and most important, the franchise tag. And Before everyone chimes and says tagging him will cause issues, the major problems only occur when the team is content to allow the player to play under the 1 year deal, and isn't really negotiating. That won't be the case.

I didn't ignore you. God forbid you actually leave your house on a saturday and partake in some outdoor activities Tr1. Geesh:doh:

To answer your question, yes, I would pay him his money now, I don't know if I'd say "regardless of structure", I don't want to give the guy 40 million signing and 10 million over 5 years or anything like that, but if your asking me if I can get a qb the caliber of Romo sits to pee for 50 million, I lock him up.

Whats Jemarcus Russel gonna get? What has he done? Despite the many posters on here who say Romo sits to pee isn't any good, or Romo sits to pee hasn't done anything, that is flat out ridiculous, and its not even worth arguing about it because if you think like that, you're just flat out wrong.

All I'm saying is Shaub got 48 million for doing nothing so far (although I do believe he will be pretty good).

With that being the case 50 million for what Romo sits to pee has already proven sounds pretty cheap to me.

Archived